Currently eating....

Hiya,

To be serious for a change, there's been a few Midwest culinary things I've noticed within the last couple years. One trend has been to create a kinda sweet/savory pastry, mainly by topping it with a piece of bacon. Seriously, I see this in some 'upscale' local bakeries. No desire to purchase one but they wouldn't make em if they didn't sell.

Other thing is......oh, I should say something first. From the information I've seen, it looks like Limeyland is about 4 years behind current tasty times here. Yes, you guys (like me) probably thought there was even more of a gap.

Anyway, we have these things called doh nuts. Ever seen those before? Maybe in pictures? Couple years ago, the cronut made it's way to Chi Town and the crowd went crazy (like in Tommy). Here: http://www.thrillist.com/eat/chicago/cronuts-are-taking-over-chicago-heres-where-to-get-them

Look for those coming your way in about 2017 or so.

Martin

Next to f**k all as I'm on a diet! Just a couple of pounds to go and that'll be a stone and back under the big two-oh mark. Just another five after that.....:icon_rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom