Currently eating....

Cast iron pan 1940/1960 renovated, car boot £2.50.

Fresh venison and eggs.

Freshly ground coffee in 1960's Denby cup.

[attachment=10424]

Attachments

• breakfast not at Tiffanys 007 (900x768).jpg
    breakfast not at Tiffanys 007 (900x768).jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 37
Forgot to say, bought some large white asparagus in Lidl the other day of all places...poached in stock and served with some homemade lemon and chive mayo. Really lovely, will look again later.

staffs_oatcakes-e1322246206299.jpg

These. Grilled then butter and marmalade.

They are lush!

Tall_Paul said:
staffs_oatcakes-e1322246206299.jpg

These. Grilled then butter and marmalade.

They are lush!

Ok, let me guess here. Hmmm, hang on...I'm thinking about you guys and what you like. Think I got it, the marmalade gave it away!! Is it a main dinner course? Yep, a big stack of em like pancakes, served alongside some extra mushy peas I betcha!!

*Cough*, yes Paul, that does sound good. Your dinner guests probably request it.

Mart

dodgy said:
Ok, let me guess here. Hmmm, hang on...I'm thinking about you guys and what you like. Think I got it, the marmalade gave it away!! Is it a main dinner course? Yep, a big stack of em like pancakes, served alongside some mushy peas I betcha!!

*Cough*, yes Paul, that does sound good. Your dinner guests probably request it.

Mart

If you've ever had crumpets Mart, they're a bit like that.

No Yankee equivalent I don't think. Nothing like your pancakes. Still serving em with bacon (yes, that's bacon) with maple syrup?

Tall_Paul said:
If you've ever had crumpets Mart, they're a bit like that.

Well I have had crumpets a few times, the last one resulting in a case of crabs. We call local street 'crumpets' hookers here. The hell does that have to do with anything? How are they like those pancakes?

It's ok.....don't try any more explaining. Our culinary cultures are too foreign. Oh yeah, what did I miss with the bacon reference? Hmmm, is it because of the syrup involved somehow? You don't want the bacon actually touching the mapley goodness, but rather have it soaking into the pancakes.

M

dodgy said:
You don't want the bacon actually touching the mapley goodness, but rather have it soaking into the pancakes.

M

We generally have our pancakes with sweet stuff Mart (sugar and lemon juice, chocolate sauce or jam).

Bacon on a pancake would be odd, but bacon and maple syrup!!! Jeez Louise!

We generally have our pancakes with sweet stuff Mart (sugar and lemon juice, chocolate sauce or jam).

Bacon on a pancake would be odd, but bacon and maple syrup!!! Jeez Louise!
[/quote]

Ok, even you would like this pancake creation. If you say otherwise I won't believe you anyway. Yes, it is 'lush'.

Tiny bit of powdered sugar to make it more fun to look at and eat, and as the directions say.....served with maple syrup.

Here you go: http://www.foodrepublic.com/2012/05/24/momma-dobias-pancake-sandwich-recipe

Oh,,,,you don't really pick this up with your hands.

In fairness to our favourite Brit-envious vagrant, I had a pancakes with maple syrup and bacon the other weekend (at a place in Boscombe, Bournemouth) and I think I get it. I couldn't move for the rest of the day, mind you, and I could practically feel my arteries furring up. No wonder many of the Americans we see here weigh nearly as much as their cars!

http://www.cafeboscanova.com

Back
Top Bottom