Currently eating....

Rare thin rump steak sandwich, quite pleased with myself...bashed quite thin and cooked on one side only, buttered & toasted ciabatta roll and smear of wasabi to please Vinny.

Home-made cottage pie with ingredients all from South Devon and potatoes and onions from the garden.

Only 'foreign' thing is lashings of Hendersons Relish (South Yorkshire nectar).

Northam Saint said:
jaycey said:
Tesco's Bran Flakes :s

SWMBO was working on an Out Patients clinic a few weeks ago. The consultant was saying if everyone ate a bowl of bran flakes every morning his job would be a whole lot easier, and there would be far fewer people with stomach problems.

They certainly maintain a healthy digestive system but are rather boring. I add a banana sometimes that makes me slighly less boring ;)

Its flipping cold in London and I'm on emergency
call out this weekend so I needed something seasonal that I
could knock together and then leave to do its thing.

So, first lamb casserole of the winter then :icon_razz:

I Love it when a plan comes together.

Shank rather than neck, which Ive not tried before.

I'm going to cook a chicken fricassée (fricassée de poulet) : chicken breast (less fat than legs or wings), mushrooms, crème fraîche, onions, garlic, chicken broth, butter, flour, water ; with some basic Italian pastas aside (DeCecco), which are cheaper in England than in France. Around £2 total per person.

Nishy said:
Homemade gazpacho soup

Now there's a dish with lots of ingredient variations. I would guess the Limey version would normally be pretty dull, with probably no spices added and pre cooked very soft vegetables extremely finely cut. Yummy!

To liven things up a bit, might I suggest a good flavoring for the thin, tasteless, and faintly pink colored 'gazpacho'? Yep, this will make it fun to eat!!!

Try dumping your choice of grain alcohol into the soup bowl. Yes, a generous amount. Certainly not for kids at family gatherings but for adults it's a tasty change of pace. Great for ice breaking........

My personal pick would be Everclear, but any of the 190 proof brands are good.

Here you go: http://www.drinksmixer.com/desc492.html

Re: RE: Currently eating....

dodgy said:
Nishy said:
Homemade gazpacho soup

Now there's a dish with lots of ingredient variations. I would guess the Limey version would normally be pretty dull, with probably no spices added and pre cooked very soft vegetables extremely finely cut. Yummy!

To liven things up a bit, might I suggest a good flavoring for the thin, tasteless, and faintly pink colored 'gazpacho'? Yep, this will make it fun to eat!!!

Try dumping your choice of grain alcohol into the soup bowl. Yes, a generous amount. Certainly not for kids at family gatherings but for adults it's a tasty change of pace. Great for ice breaking........

My personal pick would be Everclear, but any of the 190 proof brands are good.

Here you go: http://www.drinksmixer.com/desc492.html
Martin! We have a place in central London, soho to be precise called garlic and shots. If your ever down get the bloodshot shot. It's gazpacho with vodka and chilli, you have it on a coffin table (real coffin) and that's situated in a cave, served by a tattooed, pierced and hot rock chick. Now how's that for limey spice? :)

Some far breton, for tomorrow

img-2017.jpg

Back
Top Bottom