Chinese DE Blade PIF ###COMPLETED###

RE: Chinese DE Blade PIF

Yes indeed you get an small commision on those orders, I already got some commision trough mistertap, its being explained as 50% discount on the commision from mistertao and 25% the refferal gets.

I bought Ming Shi TTO razor and some other blades, but i did a small group buy for dutch people and I said like $ is € and calculated them the expected shipping costs.

As small orders are not profitable with taobao because you got the domestic shipping.

Diqiu-Long said:
Please be aware there are two types off Flying Eagle blades, the one which is shipped often with some Chinese safety razors on eBay is the Yellow / Pink package.

That one is most expensive flying eagle and is the one we have tried in this topic. The ones with white and purple and the cheaper ones and are sold in bulk 100 blades for about 25 yuan excluding shipping.

They have a number on the wrapper, the one we tested here is 74-S and the cheapest one is 74-C.

http://s.taobao.com/search?q=%B7%C9%D3%A5%C5%C6+%CB%AB%C3%E6%B5%B6%C6%AC&searcy_type=item&s_from=newHeader&source=&ssid=s5-e&search=y&initiative_id=itemz_20120923

There you got flying eagle blades.

The 74-C (White and purple) is a carbon blade. I did not like them either. As carbon usually works for me I had high hope, but I was glad I only had one and not a box of 200 ;-)

I am trying to add money to my account so I can order Flying Eagle SE blades, but for 2 days it says "the bank system is busy" (Mastercard). Any one else having difficulties?

Wil said:
I am trying to add money to my account so I can order Flying Eagle SE blades, but for 2 days it says "the bank system is busy" (Mastercard). Any one else having difficulties?

Used it yesterday, straightforward, no hitch.

Flying Eagle scores only 10, Carl? Very probably the best blade in the world scores only 10?

Subjective score, I know - but nobody has a start to the day that bad, do they?

I cocked up my lather this morning, got lost in my shave because I was preoccupied with the lather, did a ATG pass instead of an XTG, left it at two passes and still would have scored the blade higher than 10! In fact, it was a damn good blade - which saved the day!

I used it twice. It died during the second shave but I gave it 3 for longevity as I go overboard with passes when doing a test of a new blade. Now I know the prices I will amend the score favourably for that (cheap even amongst other Chinese blades).
It is pretty sharp but won't get my stubble on my right-hand-side jawline. That is always a big problem for me and few blades manage to get a close finish. You've never used a Schick Krona or Ultra Platinum? English Wilkinsons, which you have tried, are better in my opinion.

NotTheStig said:
You've never used a Schick Krona or Ultra Platinum? English Wilkinsons, which you have tried, are better in my opinion.

Are you talking the Schick Krona of the 1960's that now cost a couple of quid a piece? And Schick Ultra Platinum that I couldn't find for sale anywhere at all - presumably also vintage?

Flying Eagle, 37c for a pack of 5, available by the hundred (and delivered to UK, I hope). In a Weber DLC, mine was wonderful, blissful and superb!

I tried the Gillette blade in my EJ89 head, not too good I'm afraid for me. It was a little rough at first but settled down however it caused a lot of irritation, which was still there this morning. I won't try that blade again, it's still the flying eagle in front at the moment.

Re: RE: Chinese DE Blade PIF

Bechet45 said:
NotTheStig said:
You've never used a Schick Krona or Ultra Platinum? English Wilkinsons, which you have tried, are better in my opinion.

Are you talking the Schick Krona of the 1960's that now cost a couple of quid a piece? And Schick Ultra Platinum that I couldn't find for sale anywhere at all - presumably also vintage?

Flying Eagle, 37c for a pack of 5, available by the hundred (and delivered to UK, I hope). In a Weber DLC, mine was wonderful, blissful and superb!
Them's the fellahs. Well you asked for a copy of my blade reviews without prices so....
The Flying Eagle are very good. I like the Ming Shi I used once before and today (can't remember which of the two with the same brand it was). Loved the Gillette Super Blue.

I should really post this in SOTD, but thought I'd keep it all here so it remains a useful resource.

I've given the Swordfish its first run out today. I used it in a Slim Adjustable set to 4, which is ordinarily a very good setting for me - Personna blades, for example, give a good and comfortable shave with that setting. I also used Proraso pre shave and soap as that is my 'base configuration' and the reference I use when trying anything new.

Sadly I've had a pretty poor shave with it. Somehow or other the blade seemed to skip over the stubble rather than slicing through it. My first pass was poor - leaving areas with a visible amount of stubble and the second and third seemed to suffer as a result. The upshot is that, even after my ATG pass, I still had rough areas around the jawline and top lip.

Rather than scrub away and risk irritation, I've made do with it and will give the blade another go tomorrow. I will move it to my DE89 to see if it's any better in that razor (which is a little heavier in the head and may provide the extra heft needed to force it through the growth).

Reading the reviews in context, I'm getting the impression people feel these Chinese blades are exceptional - considering the price paid. If they cost 40p a blade would people still be so happy with them?

Second shave with the Swordfish, this time in an EJ DE89. 3 passes left a much better finish - in general I'm very happy with it (I never get BBS, but this would definitely count as DFS). However, it still felt rough and the finish is no better than a Personna.

In general then, I would say that it's not completely for me - but recognise this may be because of the razors I use. Those of you with posher kit seem to have had better results.

As an aside, I also used Sunbury's Bay Rum afterwards and was very pleased with its effect on my skin. A very nice aftershave.

I tried the swordfish last night, not the best tbh in my EJ89 head, lots of irritation and not a smooth shave, considering the time and effort to get these blades I think for me I would rather stick with the Astras. I'll try this blade again tonight in a different razor.

I had my first attempt with the Flying Eagle today and can confirm I had a much better experience with it than the Swordfish. It felt very sharp, easily slicing through the stubble with no deviation from the skin. It was nearly close enough to get away with two passes, but not quite.

Great shave, but a bit of irritation, probably caused by my being unused to using such a sharp blade.

This one is recommended.

As an aside - Lose The Beard, sorry for the delay in posting but the blades are on their way to you now.

Re: Chinese DE Blade PIF

The only disadvantage with not doing a group buy (if from Mr. Tao) is you'll need to spend over £100 to get credit card protection should the package vanish, since PayPal not offered. Not sure about rules on debit cards (visa and MasterCard are payment options)

Back
Top Bottom