Chinese DE Blade PIF ###COMPLETED###

RE: Chinese DE Blade PIF

octopus said:
Apologies as have only seen this thread just now. Are there any blades available to try out or they have all been PIF'd? Thank you.

Too late, I'm afraid.

NotTheStig said:
Can't find Gillette Super Blue on mistertao anymore due to potential copyright infringements. The Gillette Super Thin Platinums are sill on there.

You mustn't believe everything you read on the internet, Carl!

http://www.mistertao.com/taobao-products/taobao-item-6521018661.html

Re: Chinese DE Blade PIF

Thanks for the link. I got an error message when I pasted in the link from Diqui Long's paste bin.

Screenshotfrom2012-09-20172128_zpse80de95c.png

You'll get that many times from MisterTao for Super Blues - from lots of sellers. But there are many sellers - and many prices - that do not beget that message.

Getting his search engine to work is tricky, I find. Put in an 'unacceptable' term and it tells you 'URL only'. Put in something it recognizes and it lists lots of sellers of the required item. Finding the 'acceptable' search phrase is the problem - even if you copy and paste a sellers description, MisterTao oftentime rejects it.

Are you all putting in orders now, rather than waiting a while till they get the warehouse sorted? I'm impatient to do it, I admit.

Re: Chinese DE Blade PIF

I'm not putting one in, just looking at how it works. By putting "double edge razor blades" into taobao I got very little. A google translation into simplified Chinese brought up everything broadly shaving related. I wanted to see what others were out there but only found flying eagle when doing it my way without the links.

I have to look at import duties etc. when I get home. On £30ish would it be horrendous?

Re: RE: Chinese DE Blade PIF

NotTheStig said:
I have to look at import duties etc. when I get home. On £30ish would it be horrendous?
As well as import duties there is admin. My last one from USA was £5 to Mr Taxman and £8 to Mr Royalmail.

NotTheStig said:
Define 'horrendous'. I've just had to pay nearly £30 to Customs and handling fee on what I'm guessing is a Tradere SB razor for which I paid £110. That, to me, is horrendous - but still my razor has given me a 7% discount on UK prices.

I figure Customs would want 20% of £30 = £6 +£8 handling fee = £14 IF they want anything at all. Would that be horrendous considering shaving with those wonderful blades?

Doesn't sound too bad, Bechet. Horrendous is difficult to define in advance - I tend to look at the overall cost and my (ample) gut will tell me if it is horrendous or not.

I have an account with MisterTao but can't add PayPal as a payment method (and would prefer this as I'm paying less than £100 so wouldn't get credit card protection). When I click on PayPal it just ignores me.
This has put me off ever placing an order, sadly.

Although someone else here managed it so it might be a case of PICNIC.

(Problem In Chair, Not In Computer)

NotTheStig said:
I have an account with MisterTao but can't add PayPal as a payment method (and would prefer this as I'm paying less than £100 so wouldn't get credit card protection). When I click on PayPal it just ignores me.
This has put me off ever placing an order, sadly.

Although someone else here managed it so it might be a case of PICNIC.

(Problem In Chair, Not In Computer)

I pay him via PayPal.

His site tells you twice or thice that you can't do something but gives in to persistent pressure and assertive clicking.

I clicked Add Funds and was presented with Visa, Mastercard, JCB and PayPal. But PayPal is the only one I can't click on. See how it's greyed out for PayPal; clicking is ignored whether or not I enter an amount first:
Payment_zps1dcbb37e.png

If it won't play ball in the morning, I'd send him a message from within your account and ask him to fix the problem.

OR

Do I feel a Group Buy coming on? Customs puts me off - if there are too many of us all wanting lots of blades.

I'm beginning to get the hang of the site - I think.

I quoted prices of blades from memory the other day - but forgot those prices were for five blades. 37c for 5 blades.

I'm trying to ask him about large order discounts but he seems to be having as much difficulty with that concept as we have with the logic of his site.

I needed to know the weight of 300 blades - he asserts 2000g - so went to weigh 300 of my Swedish SuperSteel blades. I've done it again!! Where would an intelligent and aging man such as myself store seven hundred razor blades? Somewhere warm and dry so everywhere outside the house is out.

Meanwhile, 300 Rapiras weigh 375g.

Bechet45 said:
Where would an intelligent and aging man such as myself store seven hundred razor blades? Somewhere warm and dry so everywhere outsid

Carl - you are going to have to kick off a webshop to unload your excess purchases!!! Then you can use the returns to fund more extravagances - before selling them to fund yet more. Could this be perpetual motion?

Well, I'd go through the wringer of trying to order 100 or 200 if I felt they were the right blades. But I'd like to give them a bit of a try first, so I think for me 10 of the ones you seem to rate as great is ideal.

I don't want to go through the hassle of ordering them, so I was hoping someone would add mine to their order, and it would help offset their postage/commission fees and the end result would be the person going through the hassles made a bit of a saving.

ChopperHarris said:
Bechet45 said:
Where would an intelligent and aging man such as myself store seven hundred razor blades? Somewhere warm and dry so everywhere outsid

Carl - you are going to have to kick off a webshop to unload your excess purchases!!! Then you can use the returns to fund more extravagances - before selling them to fund yet more. Could this be perpetual motion?

I don't have excess purchases! Times and desires change and some items become available, is all. Maybe! Tain't just me, mind! Look in BST for evidence!

If I peg it before my blades run out, I'll admit to excess purchases. It's because I was at sea too long - if it isn't aboard when you sail, you do without. I don't like doing without!

My grandson thought he had invented perpetual motion of type you mention but didn't notice that his present givers had noticed and stopped giving him expensive gifts. He soon ran out of things to sell on at a fraction of the retail cost.

I tried the flying eagle blade last night and I can say I was quite impressed. The first 2 stokes didn't feel the best but after that it was fine, a nice, bbs shave with no cuts. It was in my Pal/JEC but i'm gonna try it in the EJ tonight and see what the difference is. At the moment Astras are giving me the best shaves so I compare to those. I'm gonna see how much they will roughly cost each and maybe order a few hundred if it's worthwhile.

Back
Top Bottom