Chinese DE Blade PIF ###COMPLETED###

My Chinese DE blades arrived from Mr Toa this morning - two packs of five each of seven kinds so I'll PIF a pack of each and then maybe add four of each later, after I've tried them myself and according to results.

We have

Gillette Super Blue
Jianyu Swordfish
Ying JiLi Blue Diamond
Ying JiLi "Through the new boundary of shaving"
Ming Shi Super White Diamond MP-036
Ming Shi White Tuxedo MP-035
Flying Eagle

I'll post all seven packs to the first receiver and ........... If NTS is interested, I'll post to him first so he can get decent pictures for his spreadsheet.

Buying from Mr Toa was perfectly straightforward though delivery was a mite slow what with Chinese internal and international postage being required.

Question now is - are the blades any good?

RE: Chinese DE Blade PIF

Good call bechet, interested to see the outcome. I'm guessing some of these blades will be good, the Gillette blues are sold by many sellers on Mr Tao.

Doctor_Paul said:
Newbie question - what does PIF mean?

It's either Pay It Forward, which I don't understand or
Pass It Forward, which makes more sense to me.

Basically, someone sends something to you, like a pack of blades, or a razor to try out, and when you have tried the razor a few times, or taken out a few blades you send it on to the next person on the list.

This forum is great for this, trere are loads of PIF's in progress, including a box with about 40 different types of blades in it, there are quite a few razors floating around as well, including a Fatboy, Merkur Slant etc..

I guess five volunteers means take one of each blade and PIF to the next guy BUT I'll start a second string PIF with the four blades remaining from each of the seven packs I open. I'll send the opened packs of four to the next guy to volunteer after Lose the Beard.

Used a Gillette Super Blue this morning - the most expensive so maybe the best and a known name. A starting point for comparison. Used my standard test rig. The blade is the thinnest I've ever encountered - hardly needs a grind at all! Has to go slower than normal on the first pass WTG and full stubble and as always over my tender neck areas. Didn't have to resort to laying the razor back, though. About half way through the shave I decided this is a decent blade and gave up testing, just got on with shaving. Achieved an 'almost-BBS' or a 'very DFS', no blood. Passed the alcohol a/s test with flying colours. Marks 8.5 / 10.

I'll PIF the remaining four blades on because this is not my favourite blade and it's greater fun to get diverse opinions.

There was a post turned up in my email but not in the forum about the names of these blades. Several I had to make up myself and based them on the pack design. Anyone read Chinese?

DSC00276.jpg

Back
Top Bottom