Chinese DE Blade PIF ###COMPLETED###

RE: Chinese DE Blade PIF

Bechet45 said:
NotTheStig said:
I have an account with MisterTao but can't add PayPal as a payment method (and would prefer this as I'm paying less than £100 so wouldn't get credit card protection). When I click on PayPal it just ignores me.
This has put me off ever placing an order, sadly.

Although someone else here managed it so it might be a case of PICNIC.

(Problem In Chair, Not In Computer)

I pay him via PayPal.

His site tells you twice or thice that you can't do something but gives in to persistent pressure and assertive clicking.

I can not use PayPal either

All I can think - paranoid or not - is that tackleberry's PayPal refund has put MisterTao off permitting new PayPal accounts. A lesson in making one small fact responsible for a huge unknown picture - but maybe.

I have gotten five shaves out off the Flying Eagle blade and I like the blade, its surely a good blade. Now I still have many other blades to test. I already tried the Ming Shi MP036 and its quite good, however when i was using it I used it with the Ming Shi TTO razor, which is quite good as well and I have used the Ming Shi TTO razor the last weeks, coupled with serveral blades.

Now I'm looking which blade to try next, I still got Gillette Super Thin, Ying Jili blue package and Ying Jili orange package and I still have Ming Shi MP035 which is the light blue package with the guy in the suit.

I'm quite sure the Gillette Super Thin will give me good shaves, but I think I will first try the blue package off Ying Jili. But I got so much off choice and I do about 5 shaves with one blade so it will take quite some time until I have tested all off them. To bad I didnt get the swordfish, because first I ordered from two sellers, but from one seller mistertao canceled everything and said that it was wholesale and the swordfish was canceled to.

Oh well in 97 days I'm going back to China, I have blades enough but I do know where to find Gillette Super Blue blades and Gillette Super Blue safety razor, so I will perhaps buy some more in China.

MisterTao does not do discounts! The price is the price - which makes sense as he is but an agent and not seller of the goods. You have to ask though as he could negotiate with sellers - but he doesn't. So we are stuck with dirt cheap and excellent blades. Woe is us!

My PayPal facility has also been withdrawn so it's credit cards all the way.

My itchy trigger finger just clicked for five hundred blades averaging 8.5c or 5.2p each. Even including - as one must - all fees, shipping, de dah, da dah they come to 9.4c or 5.8p each.

You can get a sort of discount if you can get MisterTao's search engine to work, when you get pages of the same product from different sellers and at different prices. Prices vary quite a bit - from extremely cheap to very cheap indeed! BUT you have to watch the descriptions closely.

Now to sit back and wait.....................

I have used the Ying Jili diamond blade today, not a bad blade at all, work good for me but I don't think I would be ordering bulk off it, but I have use it multiple times, for now I say that blade works good.

Bechet45 said:
MisterTao does not do discounts! The price is the price - which makes sense as he is but an agent and not seller of the goods. You have to ask though as he could negotiate with sellers - but he doesn't. So we are stuck with dirt cheap and excellent blades. Woe is us!

My PayPal facility has also been withdrawn so it's credit cards all the way.

My itchy trigger finger just clicked for five hundred blades averaging 8.5c or 5.2p each. Even including - as one must - all fees, shipping, de dah, da dah they come to 9.4c or 5.8p each.

You can get a sort of discount if you can get MisterTao's search engine to work, when you get pages of the same product from different sellers and at different prices. Prices vary quite a bit - from extremely cheap to very cheap indeed! BUT you have to watch the descriptions closely.

Now to sit back and wait.....................
Hopefully all will go well. I'm glad it's not just me who can't use PayPal. I would have to spend over £100 to get credit card protection and even I won't spend that much on buying tonnes of blades. Probably. Maybe the next time I get drunk...
Were you planning to sell them on on here or stock up for yourself, if you don't mind me asking? You don't have to answer of course as it's none of my business!

Tackleberry said:
What did you order Bechet?

My two clear favourites, of course! Swordfish and Flying Eagle.

NotTheStig said:
Hopefully all will go well. I'm glad it's not just me who can't use PayPal. I would have to spend over £100 to get credit card protection and even I won't spend that much on buying tonnes of blades. Probably. Maybe the next time I get drunk...
Were you planning to sell them on on here or stock up for yourself, if you don't mind me asking? You don't have to answer of course as it's none of my business!

When did you last throw forty bucks to the wind on a good day/night out, or a horse, etc? Besides, I figure the odds are with me. Hopefully, the gods agree.

No - these blades are not intended for sale. The plan is they will join my long term stash by displacing some Swedes. 'Some' is the operative word, of course - five, ten, five hundred? You are listed as a selfless interested party, remember?

Re: Chinese DE Blade PIF

How genuine do you think the shops are on taobao?

I've found some flying eagle blades and according to Mister Tao they are 5 for $0.10 !! I'm presuming this is dollars.

demusss said:
How genuine do you think the shops are on taobao?

I've found some flying eagle blades and according to Mister Tao they are 5 for $0.10 !! I'm presuming this is dollars.

Much like ebay, most sellers are honest and some are not would be my guess.

Based on my experience of Tesco, when something is priced much cheaper than the competition, that something is usually one of two things - a bargain or not quite right.

Mr Tao works in Yankee Dollars.

Re: Chinese DE Blade PIF

Used a super Gillette blue today. Very nice result.

My favourites so far are flying eagle
, swordfish and Gillette blue.

Two left to try then I'll give my faves a second go.

Please be aware there are two types off Flying Eagle blades, the one which is shipped often with some Chinese safety razors on eBay is the Yellow / Pink package.

That one is most expensive flying eagle and is the one we have tried in this topic. The ones with white and purple and the cheaper ones and are sold in bulk 100 blades for about 25 yuan excluding shipping.

They have a number on the wrapper, the one we tested here is 74-S and the cheapest one is 74-C.

http://s.taobao.com/search?q=%B7%C9%D3%A5%C5%C6+%CB%AB%C3%E6%B5%B6%C6%AC&searcy_type=item&s_from=newHeader&source=&ssid=s5-e&search=y&initiative_id=itemz_20120923

There you got flying eagle blades.

Hi all - just a note to say that I received the pack yesterday morning (sadly after my shave) and so I'll be giving the first a run out tomorrow. Given the love the swordfish is getting, I think I'll start with that! I'll check who the last in the list is and stick them in the post ASAP.

Carl - thanks again for the gesture. Really kind of you!

Just seen - it's Lose The Beard... PM incoming!

Sudden thought! All Chinese blade PIFers - if you register with MisterTao in order to buy blades, would you be so kind as to name me as your "Recommender" at the bottom of the first registration page? I suspect I may then be credited with a kick-back according to your order.

On MisterTao, I am Bechet45, of course!

And not to forget Diqui-Long who kicked this whole thing off! What is your MisterTao handle, Diqui-Long?

Back
Top Bottom