Calling all you razor collectors

It's sad when things don't work out as as they should, I famously dropped my f code fatboy on its second outing and bugerd it up,so I got a nother to use for parts,only to my dismay that both were so rotten inside that Thay could never have been fixed.so now I have a display only,parts razor, I gess my point is that some times things can't be fixed as we would like them to be, no matter what we wish.if the repair did not go as planed as some times happens,then at least you should get your money back! We have to rember that our razors are vintage,and we have no grantee of any thing with them when it's repair time, all part of owning and using something old. I do hope this issue is ressulved fairly
Regards john

Well I will jump in here to share my experience, Razor Emporium did a Replate for me last year, it took far longer than i expected, but the Plater that the Guys use had let them down, rather than keep everyone waiting while they sorted out the issues with the first plater, they used another one to get the job done and the results were amazing, and i mean AMAZING !!!, really fantastic job, hell if it had taken 6 months to get a replate job of this quality i would of been happy.

the Guys were very apologetic, polite and professional (Considering i was really "venting" my frustrations on my emails !!!)

Not only did they provide a good plating job but they then refunded ALL the charges as a gesture of goodwill....i can't speak for other peoples experiences, but i can't ask for more than that......

Things didn't go to plan, but straight away they held their hands up, apologised and started to put it right and as long as the end result is what you expect and you are still on good terms with a vendor, what more do you want.

Would i use them again ? based on this...........yes i would.

Steve

It is a shame that martin's razor wasn't restored back to pristine condition,
But as I have said sometimes it isn't always possible, parts for our razors are becoming thin on the ground now,and braking up a broken razor to salvage the parts is common pratice. Hell sunburyboy93 is right, if it took 6 months to get a part for a repair then so be it, we have to rember that we cannot go to Gillette or whoever and get parts for our razors as some of them are over 90 years old. The razor emporium are doing a difficult job it should always be remberd. If maybe the razor emporium enclosed a letter about why the repair or restoration didnot go according to plan with a invertaton to discuss the issue then maybe martin would not feel ripped off. But at the same time they are not wizards,and if more time is required to complete the task then so be it . People get ideas in there heads and some times it's not going to happen over night.

Razor Emporium said:
dodgy said:
Personally, I had a pretty nasty experience with Matt a while back.

Hope that helps save you some irritation down the road,

Martin

Martin Block- You forget to mention that I refunded your money nearly a year after you purchased a razor from me. Simply because you weren't happy with it. I'd like to see Best Buy or any other retailer do that.

I don't care to get into forum politics here- but it doesn't take Einstein to figure out that vendors have to bribe the owners to stay in good standings most of the time.

Nice sincere post Matt,

Yeah, it certainly looks like you're a victim here. You guys do the best you can, but sometimes things happen beyond your control. Gosh, you're even willing to make things right, but sometimes those damn customers won't listen to reason.

That refund after a year woulda got done a lot sooner if the person I sold that to had mentioned having plating problems shortly after receiving it. Yes, I wasn't happy about a buddy of mine getting a razor with plating that was peeling off. You refunded the cash to me and it went right to his account.

That wasn't the 'nasty incident' I was talking about.....nah, that deal was only irritating and time consuming. No, I'm talking about your sale of a 'mint' Slim to me a while back. Now that was kinda nasty and ended poorly.

I posted here because a friend of mine was thinking of using your services in some way. He can read what's out there about your company and make his own choice, based on being informed.

Now I'm happy to continue this discussion in another thread if you like. We can talk about why you're banned on those forums, and how unfair that is. I just kinda hate seeing this what should be a fun thread cluttered up with off topic posts.

Martin

Razor Emporium said:
I don't care to get into forum politics here- but it doesn't take Einstein to figure out that vendors have to bribe the owners to stay in good standings most of the time.

I know you are talking about other forums with that statement but it isn't very clear so perhaps you would like to rephrase it?

Boab said:
Razor Emporium said:

I know you are talking about other forums with that statement but it isn't very clear so perhaps you would like to rephrase it?

Most definitely- let me clarify. Our ban on B&B was a result of not paying vendor fees while selling used vintage Gillette's in the BST at a pace that was more than the average wet shaver. The mods on B&B also moderate or have influence at SMF and TSD. So we were subsequently banned from all three in a matter of hours.

I still firmly believe if we had put money in the pockets of the owners like other vendors did, it wouldn't have been a problem.

I'm glad that kind of malarkey doesn't happen at The Shaving Room. I've found nice people here and no drama or interference from moderators.

After all folks, its just shaving, not foreign policy with a country making nuclear arms or anything to get too excited about :icon_razz:

Now lets get back to the actual people who collect razors showing us sexy pictures of their prized pieces!!! :exclamation:

Razor Emporium said:
What's doin Boab,

Any chance of moving the post to another thread? I hate to clutter this one up with stuff that's not on your original topic. Couple things Matt wrote aren't sitting too well.

Just a suggestion,

Martin

Most definitely- let me clarify. Our ban on B&B was a result of not paying vendor fees while selling used vintage Gillette's in the BST at a pace that was more than the average wet shaver. The mods on B&B also moderate or have influence at SMF and TSD. So we were subsequently banned from all three in a matter of hours.

I still firmly believe if we had put money in the pockets of the owners like other vendors did, it wouldn't have been a problem.

I'm glad that kind of malarkey doesn't happen at The Shaving Room. I've found nice people here and no drama or interference from moderators.

After all folks, its just shaving, not foreign policy with a country making nuclear arms or anything to get too excited about :icon_razz:

Now lets get back to the actual people who collect razors showing us sexy pictures of their prized pieces!!! :exclamation:

[/quote]

A few more recent pieces added to the collection

WilkinsonClassic.jpg

Milord.jpg

MonoTech.jpg

NewStandardGold.jpg

Popularno47.jpg

RedTipSuperspeed.jpg

BigFellowOldType.jpg

A few more into the fold, a mint unused English Flare Tip Superspeed no68, cased with original blade dispenser and instructions:icon_razz:

EnglishSuperspeedno68.jpg

37c Slant
Merkur37c.jpg

Weber DLC
WeberDLC.jpg

Wilkinson Sword Classic (old style)
WilkinsonClassic-1.jpg

Sunburyboy93 said:
you have a real nice collection there Dave....

Boy he sure does! Gave me a case of the spins lookin at all of those things.

Very nice Dave,

Martin

Oh Dave, I'd guess Steve has sent you a friendly message or two by now........

Sunburyboy93 said:
you have a real nice collection there Dave....how long has it taken you to get all those ?
Just over a year Steve but i'd say some of the better cased stuff has been picked up over the last 6 months theres a ton of stuff i'd have liked to have had by now but it ends up out of my reach.
Being as im on a really limited budget not working due to health issues an all that its hard to get the really nice stuff without breaking the bank but its at the point now where stuff is just that much harder to acquire so am content with what i have...

dodgy said:
Sunburyboy93 said:
you have a real nice collection there Dave....

Boy he sure does! Gave me a case of the spins lookin at all of those things.

Very nice Dave,

Martin

Oh Dave, I'd guess Steve has sent you a friendly message or two by now........

Ha ha Martin id have took some better pictures but i had to get some stuff sorted and my phone cam is not the best...

Back
Top Bottom