TRACII.jpg

TVRocket.jpg

TVSuperspeed1954.jpg

TVSuperspeed1958.jpg

ValetAutostrop.jpg

WilkinsonEmpire.jpg

WilkinsonKompakt.jpg

WilkinsonSticky.jpg

It is a bit fiddly, the Toggle. It is also brutally aggressive to the point of unusable (at least the one I borrowed was). Setting 1 was the mildest but felt more aggressive than an 8 on my Fatboy.
Quite cool though

sunburyboy93 said:
Awesome stuff mate.

You have some that I need there And in great nick too

Well done. Do you (like me) dread to think what it has cost so far ;-)

Cheers mate,
I'm still walking in the shadow of your collection, you've got some way cooler stuff than me.

Don't get me thinking about the cost :icon_eek: especially when I keep buying better condition version's of existing pieces.

Oh well, one day in the distant future I'll either sell it all for a profit (hopefully)
or it's going to be part of the kids inheritance (I do have a spreadsheet with values on, so they don't just drop the lot off at a charity shop)

When I see some this stuff, I'm reminded of the lonely golfer, knee deep in snow trying to hack his way out of a bunker. He turns to a bewildered passer by and says "you should meet my brother, he's a real fanatic".

I remember having one of those Wilkinsword Kompact - I didn't recall the name, until I saw the one above, it was back in 1990, I loved the storage of three blades in the handle and the nice chucky feel. Pretty good for a cartridge razor.

Boab said:
Excellent response chaps, however I do notice no one has laid their full collection out in one photo. I am thinking this is because a) its too big to fit in one photograph or b) They don't want to get it all out in one place incase the Mrs walks in :D Own up chaps which option is it?

I was off sick in 2010 and out of sheer boredom I got them all out to go through and clean and polish them, it was either that or watch daytime TV. thankfully this was all cleared away before the misses came home :icon_wink:

I never set out to collect them, I just wanted to try one of everything to see what I liked best. It took a few years to get this stupid.

IMG_0260.jpg

NotTheStig said:
It is a bit fiddly, the Toggle. It is also brutally aggressive to the point of unusable (at least the one I borrowed was). Setting 1 was the mildest but felt more aggressive than an 8 on my Fatboy.
Quite cool though

What's doin buddy,

I've used a few Toggles and both of em were just a tiny bit more aggressive than the Fatboy when set to the same number. The extra weight and balance is the reason, but it's minimal. To compensate, I set the Toggle one click down.

Also, I've never heard of a Toggle performing as the one you tried did. Yeah, something is up there with that razor. Sounds like it's over clocked, which means the #1 setting is really #10. This can be a bad thing.....

Yeah, I'd mention that possible problem to the owner and tell him it's a very easy fix if that turns out to be the issue.

Martin

i have really enjoyed looking at everyone's collections, sunbury steve's is an awesome glimpse into shaving history :)

my collection is modest to other's in comparison, but i love everything i have. i use everything too, except for the cheap straight & the ladies starburst gillette in the old spice mug. that is the wifey's, its her birth year & she loves it, so do i as it leaves her legs invitingly silky ;)

rick. :icon_razz:

[attachment=4620]
[attachment=4621]
[attachment=4622]
[attachment=4623]

Attachments

• Image121.jpg
    Image121.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Image119.jpg
    Image119.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Image118.jpg
    Image118.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Image120.jpg
    Image120.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 97
Nice set up. Alway liked a window you could look out of in the shaving room! My only window is in the shower/bath. Little hard to shave and look out of unless you want to stand in the tub!:)-(

Johnus said:
Nice set up. Alway liked a window you could look out of in the shaving room! My only window is in the shower/bath. Little hard to shave and look out of unless you want to stand in the tub!:)-(

thank you, it is handy having everything to hand in the bathroom window and its nice to open the window on lovely days like today, to have a nice shave :)

NotTheStig said:
Thanks Dodgy. What would have caused that?

I'm not sure how it happens, but sometimes the adjuster dial is pushed past the highest setting and into the next set of numbers. Kinda like rolling over the odometer, and it's something I've run across more than once over the years. In most cases the cause of over clocking would be idiocy.

Now this is certainly no offense meant to whoever owns the razor you borrowed. If this is the problem, it happened well in the past I'm sure.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom