Anyone any experience of CJB Kamisori razors?

davidb said:
markj113 said:
All in the post so will with you shortly :)

Mine arrived this morning although the envelope was torn by the box so others may not have been so lucky! Thanks!

Got mine this morning and as above there was a gaping tear in the envelope- all I had to do was shake it and the blade pack fell out! I could have easily received an empty envelope!

Mark- to avoid future problems post these out in a small jiffy bag! Please :)

Actually they shave better than the Feather RG and as good as the Kai Captain Excelia which has a UK list in excess of £400. I bought my CJB for around $65 from the US quite a while back....so Mark has a good deal. The blades are a max of 7 shaves for me.....and in my PERSONAL opinion.... not as smooth as the Feathers. They are more similar to the Kai Milds.....which probably makes them an even better deal! Personally I will probably stick with the Feathers....but then as usual YMMV.

Thanks for letting me try the blade Mark.

Tony.T said:
davidb said:
markj113 said:
All in the post so will with you shortly :)

Mine arrived this morning although the envelope was torn by the box so others may not have been so lucky! Thanks!

Got mine this morning and as above there was a gaping tear in the envelope- all I had to do was shake it and the blade pack fell out! I could have easily received an empty envelope!

Mark- to avoid future problems post these out in a small jiffy bag! Please :)

Mine arrived this morning, thanks mate!
Envelope was really torn up too and I dont know how nothing fell out. There was also a very straight tear in the envelope which would suggest someone has tried to increase the original roughly torn part to have a wee peek inside. Obviously wasnt of interest!
Glad to say though that the razor itself has no dents, marks or other blemishes.
Sure, it's not as well finished as a feather or kai, but then what do we expect for 30 quid delivered? Looking forward to a shave with it tonight and see how it compares with the feather AC SS and a pro-guard blade. Had a wee test shave at work on the arm and it felt pretty smooth even without soap, but on the face will be the real test.

Thanks again for putting this together Mark

Just had one of those shaves that reminds you not to get too cocky and rush.

Over confidence rewarded with spilt blood lol.

note to self - take more time and care next time.

Hi everyone.

How would these compare to both a straight and a DE in terms of technique, difficulty and suitability to a not particularly dexterous individual?

MJI said:
Hi everyone.

How would these compare to both a straight and a DE in terms of technique, difficulty and suitability to a not particularly dexterous individual?

I made the change from shavette to straight to the CJB and found the transition very easy.

The CJB has the advantage of not needing honing/stropping and you know the blades are going to be sharp so any issues will be down to technique. Blades are also cheap if you go for the CJB option.

I would say a traditional straight is more forgiving and after the initial investment of the razor, strop and hones you should be set for life with no extra costs although the intial investment can be quite high.

As for the folding V non folding handles just comes down to personal preference, I converted my non folder to a folding version as I have a young daughter running around the place so will be slightly safer even though I always make sure its out of reach.

Had my first shave with a CJB blade in the Feather AC last night.
Nice shave but definitely different to the pro guard blades. More concentration was required.

markj113 said:
Hi, just spotted this thread and thought i'd post as its me selling them on ebay.

First to address Barlines concerns, the CJB Kamisori mounts the blades in the same way as the Feather RG, its very tight and secure with no issues.

And now a bit about my shaving jourmey, I started off with a cheapo shavette then moved on to a vintage straight. Really wanted to try a feather artist but they arent cheap.

After reading around I found out about the CJB version that ticked all the boxes for me, same shave and cheaper price. I then got a friend that lives in Korea to send me one over and was so impressed I showed my mates who then also wanted one.

While I was ordering up theirs I got another 10 for myself to sell on.

The razors are currently held up at customs so I expect them to be with me in the next week. If anyone does buy one I would appreciate any feedback on the razor.

IMG726_zps1b177e52.jpg

p.s. if you prefer folding razors than a fixed handle then it can also be easily modified to fit some scales so you end up with the a wooden scale RG clone that normally cost around £150.

Here are some pics of someone that has modded one already -

peel off the rubber handle and you get this, note the hole is allready there to be pinned to the scales -

cjbautopsy2_zpsea07c8bf.jpg

add some wooden scales and you get this -

cjbfolder1-1small_zps7366a63c.jpg

Can do these razors for £30 with 1 free Feather Artist Super Pro blade and free shipping if you pay by bank transfer or PayPal gift so I avoid the eBay/PayPal fees.

I've been looking at either a cjb or a Sam seong straight kamisori. I've seen them on eBay, but I'm put off by possible customs charges. What's the rough total you might expect to pay for one of these, they're about $40+$15 postage? Or better still have you any left??

shanky887614 said:
if your in us buy from us seller.

me and the seller bought ours from korea

No, sadly not in the US, I'm in the UK. I just don't to get one and the customs costs spiral out of control.

Does anyone know where in the UK you can get them?

Back
Top Bottom