Anyone any experience of CJB Kamisori razors?

Anyone got one or used one? I've fancied a dabble with a kamisori for a little while and a seller on Ebay currently has them up for £40, are they worth a punt at that price?

Well it's not a Kamisori is it? As the seller says it's a straight version of a Feather type razor using Feather blades so you will get a very similar result I would imagine but I don't think it will be any closer to a Kamisori than a Feather folding is to a western straight..

I too fancy trying a Kamisori but the traditional Japanese style.

I've got one. Works well, good grip and easy to handle. Obviously the finish isn't as good as a Feather (in comparison to my folding Feather) but its a hell of a lot cheaper.

I think its a goer. I'm going to leave it for a day or two as the seller doesn't get them himself for a few days yet according to his description, I'll just keep an eye on how many go over the next few days. Now, what can I buy with the money I've saved... :)

The CJB is a great alternative to a Feather and shaves just as well.

There is a noticeable step-up in construction quality when you compare them directly against the Feather's though (but then, as already mentioned Feather's are 3x the price).

Thanks guys - I regularly use a Feather Artist SS folding handle to good effect but I've wondered what the fixed handle version would be like to shave with. What I didn't want to go and buy something that in reality wouldn't even hold a blade.

Hi, just spotted this thread and thought i'd post as its me selling them on ebay.

First to address Barlines concerns, the CJB Kamisori mounts the blades in the same way as the Feather RG, its very tight and secure with no issues.

And now a bit about my shaving jourmey, I started off with a cheapo shavette then moved on to a vintage straight. Really wanted to try a feather artist but they arent cheap.

After reading around I found out about the CJB version that ticked all the boxes for me, same shave and cheaper price. I then got a friend that lives in Korea to send me one over and was so impressed I showed my mates who then also wanted one.

While I was ordering up theirs I got another 10 for myself to sell on.

The razors are currently held up at customs so I expect them to be with me in the next week. If anyone does buy one I would appreciate any feedback on the razor.

IMG726_zps1b177e52.jpg

p.s. if you prefer folding razors than a fixed handle then it can also be easily modified to fit some scales so you end up with the a wooden scale RG clone that normally cost around £150.

Here are some pics of someone that has modded one already -

peel off the rubber handle and you get this, note the hole is allready there to be pinned to the scales -

cjbautopsy2_zpsea07c8bf.jpg

add some wooden scales and you get this -

cjbfolder1-1small_zps7366a63c.jpg

Can do these razors for £30 with 1 free Feather Artist Super Pro blade and free shipping if you pay by bank transfer or PayPal gift so I avoid the eBay/PayPal fees.

You really need the feather blades for a proper test.

shanky887614 said:
they feel nice in the hand. ill be back later, im going to go test shave it now.

(havent got any proper blades so will use half a de)

You really need the feather blades for a proper test, picked up a pack of super pro blades for £13 delivered direct from Japan on ebay.

Re: RE: Anyone any experience of CJB Kamisori razors?

markj113 said:
You really need the feather blades for a proper test.

rubbish ive chopped a feather down on the lines and for all intensive perposes ive got a feather blade properly seated in the cjb

The proper feathers are about double the length of a DE blade + the proper blades have a set blade exposure depending if its a pro or super pro blade etc

Back
Top Bottom