Anyone any experience of CJB Kamisori razors?

UKRob said:
singerman said:
UKRob said:
singerman said:
i have read the earlier posts on this thread, & most people recommending the appropriate feather blade, but could anyone confirm if the CJB will safely grip half de blades?, as i love astra sp's & have a stash of them. i understand they are shorter than the intended blades, but are they still ok to use?

rick. :)

If you want to do that why not buy a shavette?

that's the thing rob, i thought the cjb was a shavette, but if it fairs better with the intended blades rather than half de's, would i be better off going for a dorko for example? :)

I wouldn't class the CJB as a shavette - to me the difference is between those razors such as Kai, Feather and CJB which are intended to take a specific SE longer blade and shavettes which use a whole or cut down DE.

You can pick up shavettes for just a few pounds - although I would not try them myself, Jabberwock has written quite a lot about their advantages - try searching his name.

cheers rob, that is a great explanatation of the difference, will dig deeper m8,

rick. :)

Does anyone know if I can use my Personna Injector blades with the CJB? I've got these blades from Connaughts and use them in my Schick injector but not sure if they fit the CJB.

NNathwani said:
Does anyone know if I can use my Personna Injector blades with the CJB? I've got these blades from Connaughts and use them in my Schick injector but not sure if they fit the CJB.

Standard injector blades aren't as long as those designed for the Feather/Kai/CJB or whatever, but I would think the CJB could still hold it in place. I sold my CJB so can't say 100% though.... I'm sure someone else on here has both an injector and CJB so could check for you though.

Bluebriz said:
NNathwani said:

Standard injector blades aren't as long as those designed for the Feather/Kai/CJB or whatever, but I would think the CJB could still hold it in place. I sold my CJB so can't say 100% though.... I'm sure someone else on here has both an injector and CJB so could check for you though.

Thanks Bluebriz. I got my CJB from David yesterday and tried my Personna blades and, although they are smaller, it does indeed hold the blade in place. Don't know how easy it is to use like this though.

NNathwani said:
Bluebriz said:
NNathwani said:

Thanks Bluebriz. I got my CJB from David yesterday and tried my Personna blades and, although they are smaller, it does indeed hold the blade in place. Don't know how easy it is to use like this though.

Only one way to find out... Just remember a very light touch is required [THUMBS UP SIGN]

just had the first shipment arrive and will post out today.

I mentioned a few posts back that I can also get Samsung blades for £8 a pack, Barlines was the first guinea pig to order some to try out.

It must have either been a lost in translation on my side or they were out and sent an alternative but they have sent some Feather Pro blades at £8 a pack :)

markj113 said:

I mentioned a few posts back that I can also get Samsung blades for £8 a pack, Barlines was the first guinea pig to order some to try out.

It must have either been a lost in translation on my side or they were out and sent an alternative but they have sent some Feather Pro blades at £8 a pack :)

Now that's a bargain

markj113 said:

Mine arrived today, with thanks. Can't wait to put it into action tomorrow. I will report back.

markj113 said:

Do you have any information on these Mark? I know you ended up with Feather blades instead, but I was intrigued as to where these are made and what they were intended to fit.

UKRob said:
markj113 said:

Do you have any information on these Mark? I know you ended up with Feather blades instead, but I was intrigued as to where these are made and what they were intended to fit.

Dont have much info to be honest, Google korean to english translation shows them as Samsung blades but feathers arrived.

Ill order some more and see what arrives next time. Be great to get packs of Feather blades for £8 a pack though :)

So, a test run this morning with my new CJB.

Plusses - I know it is a cheaper clone of a feather but it is still perfectly well made for me. A nice weight and size. It shaves like a demon as well, slick, comfortable and very sharp with 2 days growth. In fact I have got a smooth with one WTG pass than I do with a WTG and XTG with my Merkur Slant DE. Not sure where this bit of kit has been all my life but we are inseparable now. In fact I now only see the need for those two razors now.

Minuses - This did bite twice under my chin, nothing major but it definitely let me know it was there. This is however user error and not the razors fault. It will also take some getting used to angles etc under the chin. This is not a beginners blade although much easier than a shavette. Only one other minus is the lack of travel cover for when I travel the uk with work (Anyone have any ideas?).

All in all a massive winner and in my top two and my new preferred daily shave. If you do not have one yet, buy one now.

Oo, o I ordered Samsung blades from you does that mean you'll send feathers? Also this is off topic but I'm experiencing for the first time razor burn. Only thing I've changed is I shaved in the shower using very hot water, which I never do. I've shaved twice after and it's got worse. It's mainly around my neck area. Would it help if I let my beard grow out a little? Sorry for being OT again and any help would be great.

markj113
Are you looking at selling the feather pro's on or are you going to keep them. I would be interested if you are as a comparison to the CJB and pro guards I already have.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom