Anyone any experience of CJB Kamisori razors?

UPDATE:

All orders were posted today by first class recorded so should be with you tomorrow (except citibadger who ordered Friday just gone)

Apologies for the delay on this one but they have been stuck in UK customs for just over 2 weeks :(

Will be placing an order later on today so if anyone wants any razors or CJB blades let me know.

They have also starting doing packs of Samsung blades, a little more expensive than the CJB's at £8 a pack of 20 so if anyone wants to be the guinea pig and order a pack of those drop me a PM :)

Anyone interested in the Sam Seong razors, nice mirror chrom finish -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQWaqecggm8

A bit more expensive than the CJB though.

I feel like treating myself but I can't decide between this or a Merkur 39c, I fancy something aggressive. I used a Gillette DE without the bottom guard for a good few years and miss it's closeness, although I don't miss the skin burn/harshness hence why I use it for very small sections or shaping.
That Sam Seong looks nice but it has a black plastic slider along it's top. I spotted a used CJB for £33 with 20 Kai captain blades, are they good? I use Feather de blades and don't find them that sharp. I've never used a straight and the work involved with a real straight puts me off.
Mark do you have the CJBs in stock?

Sticking in order tonight, normally takes around 7 days to arrive from Korea.

If you want something aggressive try sticking a feather super pro in the CJB :)

Re: RE: Anyone any experience of CJB Kamisori razors?

citibadger said:
shanky887614 said:
if your in us buy from us seller.

me and the seller bought ours from korea

No, sadly not in the US, I'm in the UK. I just don't to get one and the customs costs spiral out of control.

Does anyone know where in the UK you can get them?

for one to the uk its under import duty anyway.

its when you decide to post elseware in the uk price rockets

Had my first shave with the CJB Razor this evening using the Dorco blades.

I was quite nervous about using it for the first time so I've been reading up on as much information as I could find and watching videos on YouTube.

I only went with one pass on this first time out and it went incredibly well. A really really smooth finish. I'm very impressed.

Only one slight nick on my Adams Apple and the run over with my Alum Block gave a lot more sting than I've been getting with my DE Razor but over all I'm very happy with how it went and I'm looking forward to using it more and improving my technique.

I'm really glad I pulled the trigger on this great bit of kit.

i have read the earlier posts on this thread, & most people recommending the appropriate feather blade, but could anyone confirm if the CJB will safely grip half de blades?, as i love astra sp's & have a stash of them. i understand they are shorter than the intended blades, but are they still ok to use?

rick. :)

singerman said:
i have read the earlier posts on this thread, & most people recommending the appropriate feather blade, but could anyone confirm if the CJB will safely grip half de blades?, as i love astra sp's & have a stash of them. i understand they are shorter than the intended blades, but are they still ok to use?

If I remember correctly a member in one of the early threads used a half de blade. For the sake of £7 for a pack of 20 I would also give the CJB (dorko) blades a try.

singerman said:

If you want to do that why not buy a shavette?

UKRob said:
singerman said:

that's the thing rob, i thought the cjb was a shavette, but if it fairs better with the intended blades rather than half de's, would i be better off going for a dorko for example? :)

singerman said:
UKRob said:
singerman said:

that's the thing rob, i thought the cjb was a shavette, but if it fairs better with the intended blades rather than half de's, would i be better off going for a dorko for example? :)

I wouldn't class the CJB as a shavette - to me the difference is between those razors such as Kai, Feather and CJB which are intended to take a specific SE longer blade and shavettes which use a whole or cut down DE.

You can pick up shavettes for just a few pounds - although I would not try them myself, Jabberwock has written quite a lot about their advantages - try searching his name.

Back
Top Bottom