What is the best cartridge/disposable razor system of all time?

The Plus, as you say, is simply with lube strip, whether GII or Contour. I can't say I have a preference - as a child of the Sixties I would have shaved often with the GII and moved onto the Contour. The GII echoes the angle of a DE, the Contour is an effortless, if unadventurous, shave. Both shave closely. If I have to do a cart-shave, I tend to go for the Contour - I have more handles and the time factor favours a pivot head.

Gillette Sensor, not the Sensor Excel with those stupid pointless "Microfins" that do absolutely nothing other than add £1 to a pack of ten, but the original pure Sensor you can no longer buy, two blades is plenty & it could shave under your nose.

OP
W
Gillette Sensor, not the Sensor Excel with those stupid pointless "Microfins" that do absolutely nothing other than add £1 to a pack of ten, but the original pure Sensor you can no longer buy, two blades is plenty & it could shave under your nose.

100% Rockall66, there is no substitute!

Only in my (& Roockall66) opinion of course and I wish you could still get the Sensor blades at a reasonable price; there have been suggestions that they may still be available in India, but I believe that they may be too expensive to produce, because of some sort of spring mechanisms integrated within the cartridge.

Used to use these, single blade clogs less, no lube strip, cheap as dirt.

iu

I think that the Mach 3 gives a reasonable shave preidy, but because of the size of the head, I have trouble sharing under the nose areas, do you not find this to be a problem or does it become easier with more use with Mach 3.
Well alittle bit for me (due to 3 blades) but I used the Trac II for many years and did not have this problem. I no longer use the M3 or T2 (except when I travel) but did full time for about 30+ years prior to going to vintage.

I hope this is considered to be a worthwhile subject area and is of interest.
May I suggest that some or all of the following could be the criteria for selection: Best Shave; Least Irritation; Price; Clogging; Ease of Use; Manouvurability (ie around difficult areas, under the nose etc): Longevity of the System; Longevity of the Shaves; Impact on the Environment; Number of Blades.
Perhaps some sort of result may be able to be assessed at some point.
I tried the pace6 - smooth bbs in one and touch up - no drama gets the job done -
I use a razor pit my last blade lasted 15 shaves
Enjoy

Top Bottom