What are you eating tonight?

Too tired to make anything when I got home and even the bloke in the chippy made himself look busy so I skipped the chips and made a little scooby snack one of my Spanglo friends introduced me to.
2 slices of nutritionally vacuous white sliced bread. A goodly dollop of Hellmann's mayo. 'Pound coin' slices of chorizo, heated in a dry frying pan until they change colour and release their oils. 2 eggs, beaten like if you are making scrambled egg but without the milk. Fry the beaten egg in the greaso de chorizo. Spread the mayo on the bread, add the huevos revueltos and top with the chorizo. Plonk the other slice of bread on top and Antonio's yer uncle. Simple yet effective, tasty and satisfying.

Thousand Island dressing, supposed to be russian dressing but I'm quite easy about going against tradition:)
Nice - fusion food! :) Have you tried making mustard? It couldn't be simpler and it tastes amazing compared to the commercial product. I started with this recipe and have variations on it I use - worth a go. - cheers - I.

@jimmyc - this might interest you?

Nice - fusion food! :) Have you tried making mustard? It couldn't be simpler and it tastes amazing compared to the commercial product. I started with this recipe and have variations on it I use - worth a go. - cheers - I.

@jimmyc - this might interest you?

Right up my street, I've only made English mustard using the powder before, going to give this a bash. (y)

Right up my street, I've only made English mustard using the powder before, going to give this a bash. (y)
It's worth it. The ratio of the type of seeds - yellow, brown and black - and the mix of whole seeds and powder is where to start fannying about with the recipe to suit your tastes. I consider the honey essential - not optional. The flavour of it doesn't properly come through for about two to three weeks but is worth waiting for. Also - the type of vinegar makes a difference. It'll look a bit runny when you first make it but it will firm up overnight in the fridge. I have plenty of Indian subcontinent grocers locally so the ingredients cost pennies. I end up giving most of the jars I make away - it seems to be a crowd pleaser. - I.

It's worth it. The ratio of the type of seeds - yellow, brown and black - and the mix of whole seeds and powder is where to start fannying about with the recipe to suit your tastes. I consider the honey essential - not optional. The flavour of it doesn't properly come through for about two to three weeks but is worth waiting for. Also - the type of vinegar makes a difference. It'll look a bit runny when you first make it but it will firm up overnight in the fridge. I have plenty of Indian subcontinent grocers locally so the ingredients cost pennies. I end up giving most of the jars I make away - it seems to be a crowd pleaser. - I.
There's an asian grocery opened up near me recently full of big bags of spices for as you say pennies.
will be visiting more often now

Sorry meant to ask, I have a customer who keeps bees and I get honey from them. It is very flowery and fantastic, nothing like supermarket honey.
Would this be ok for mustard making. Thanks.

Sorry meant to ask, I have a customer who keeps bees and I get honey from them. It is very flowery and fantastic, nothing like supermarket honey.
Would this be ok for mustard making. Thanks.
Absolutely - I use honey from my sister's hives in Galloway. Making mustard - like anything simple - requires the absolute best of what few things are used I think. - I.

Back
Top Bottom