Straight Razor Shave of the Day

SoTd
First run out on my little Timor freshly honed by @Fergiebilly it certainly has a very keen edge and is very smooth it cut through the hair like a knife though butter, I enjoyed it that much I’ve spent the last 3 hours trying to clean up every crack and cranny the best I could..it really has come out very nice the spine is looking great ! Really pleased with it thank you Billy it’s a lovely little shaver with a fantastic edge..a pleasure to shave with ! Have added a few pics of the clean up tooView attachment 66829View attachment 66830View attachment 66831View attachment 66832
Glad Ya Like the 17 K Synthetic Edge My Friend..It Took a Lovely Shaving Edge that Razor..I Love My TIMOR 6/8th as Well..(y)

Billy

View attachment 67011
View attachment 67012
Aye..Its a Lovely Weapon..Lock & Load..The Suit Sight We were Issued with as Standard...Made it Sex, Dance & Rock n Roll..(y)

Billy
Liked the SLR, had it when I was in, but didn’t have a scope. Mind you that was back in the late 70s, early 80s. Then they gave me the SMG when I got promoted to a Sgt in the RAPC. The SA80 was being introduced as I was leaving.

Liked the SLR, had it when I was in, but didn’t have a scope. Mind you that was back in the late 70s, early 80s. Then they gave me the SMG when I got promoted to a Sgt in the RAPC. The SA80 was being introduced as I was leaving.
I bet that was a bummer, get your three stripes and they give you an SMG, I would have said give me a GPMG or you can keep that third stripe!!! :cool:

Paul.

Last edited:
This is around my 12th shave with a straight, Starting to fall into place now and really enjoying it. Was surprised that the GD is still holding a great edge despite my clumsy stropping.

Gold Dollar (bought honed and shave ready - and it was!)
NOS Culmak soap
Yaqi synth
Floid

thumbnail_IMG_4438.jpg

I Got Issued that Scope Sight in 45 Commando when I Joined the Unit in 1980..The Unit Trialed the SA80 Shortly After..The SA80 was Junk..We Rejected it..The Rest is Decades of History & Politics.. :cool:

Billy

[IMG]

One Pass Shaving Routine..
[IMG]

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Henckels Friodur Full Hollow 6/8th (Freshly Honed)
Kent Pure Pure Badger
Vitos Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I had a Lazy One Pass Shave with My Recently Acquired Henckels Friodur 6/8th Round Point from a Trusted Seller..Its a Beautiful Example. Typical Henckels as One Would Expect.. Gave Me a Super Close Shave..Its a Killer Razor..I Love All things Henckels..Wundrerbar..
:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
[IMG]

Billy..
:chores016:

SoTd
Today’s shave was originally going to be with my Dovo masters but after receiving a request from @Tony'schin to give my honest opinion on a little gold dollar he has recently honed I decided to change that as it arrived in the post today. Honest is what you asked for T and honest is what you will get..I started off by taking the razor to the leather for 60 laps and got stuck in, initial impressions very smooth completed the first pass and found it was certainly doing its job..onto the second and again very smooth for the across/against the grain pass and nice and sharp again slicing straight through the hair and taking the growth right down, then on to the third/touch up pass I was very impressed I must say a very comfortable and smooth shave it took the hair right down an absolutely beautiful shave T left feeling super smooth and refreshed. What an enjoyable shave that was one to be proud of you have made a fantastic job of putting that edge on and I feel honoured to get the opportunity to give it a test run. One day I hope to follow suit and learn how to put my own edge on this has certainly given me some inspiration, thank you I appreciate the chance to give it a try and I’m sure I will be enjoying many more lovely shaves from this razorCBE70837-9463-4529-80EF-027ADC35ECC8.jpeg

SoTd
I’m not usually one for shaving daily but as I have just given my little Timor a good polish up with some G3..I can’t help myself always tinkering and I wanted to be sure I hadn’t beggared the edge, also I have somewhere to go early tomorrow so wanted to look respectable. Still feeling very sharp and had a great shave to say my skin doesn’t get shaved daily..might have to give this daily lark a go a little more often. Feeling smooth and refreshed0A459432-F81E-4174-AC1D-78AC1DA48092.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom