SOTD w/c Sat 7th - Fri 13th Jan. '12 incl.

Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Barley
Nacet (2)
Neep Soapstone Badger
Valobra stick
Witch hazel
Trumpers lime skin food

Another corking shave from the EJ. It's got the mild feeling of the Tech but with a much better stubble removing ability. A seriously nice razor.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (7)
Soap: L'Occitane Cade
Brush: Neep #955 soapstone silvertip badger
Balm: Trumper's Skin Food, West Indian Limes
Scent: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Still some little neck-base irritation, but as I said, I don't think that's down to the shaves, which remain lovely.

Wednesday
Basler Inox 5/8
NF2213
Arlington Cream
Alum
Boots Freshwood balm mixed with witch hazel and Azzaro Pre-electric (A remnant from the dark days)
20s7rio.jpg

Re-honed this blade, again, and this time its about as sharp as its ever been. It was 30 laps on Crox which maxed it out and the shave was extremely good. I have better razors but I'm happy with this now and being stainless steel it will make a great travel kit razor.

The balm was an experiment, its a cheap but reasonable balm which I find a bit thick, oily and lacking fragrance. I had a little Azzaro Pour Homme pre electric shave left over from before I started wet shaving so tossed that in and further diluted it with some witch hazel. It is npw about the consistency of Gillette ASB, smells better and isn't quite so gloupy. Its in a pump dispenser now and will get a lot more use.

Thursday am

Muehle R101 (2011) & Dorco ST-300 Platinum
Jack Black synthetic
Palmolive stick
Mennen Skin Bracer
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

First outing with the Dorcos, thought I had ordered the ST-301s, or may be they call them here differently, I don't know. Not like my Wilkies but for the price paid no worries.

The Kiehl's cream does a good job this morning with -2 degrees outside.

Hot Shower
Pears face wash
Proraso Pre Shaving Cream
Merkur 1904 Open Comp
Personna Red SP
Schwarzeisskeramik XL
Semogue 1305
Proraso Soap Green bowl
Proraso Lotion

Thursday

Merkur 37C Slant
Feather
New Forest 2201 Brush
Cella
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Often regarded as the ultimate combination, the Slant/Feather combo shaved very smoothly but not as closely as my recent shaves with the Progress. Still an acceptable result, though.

Ian

I'm hoping that after a few months of keeping a record of my shaves, I will start to see patterns emerging re. combinations which worked better.

Yesterday evening shave. I'd left my beard growth for a couple of days, to let any sensitivity from the last shave calm down.

Nevertheless...

Bath
King of shaves shave oil
Wilkinson Cheapo soap
L'Occitane Travel brush
Merkur 23c/Feather(3)
Alum
Simple Derma (lots)

Close after 3 passes (+ minimal touch-ups/buffs), but some intense razor burn on one side of my jaw, and a patch of problem skin on my cheek is flaring up again.

When I get home from this woeful hotel, I think I'll be using my Astras... Best shave I've had recently.

Thursday 12th Time 05:00hrs shave, Early start
Taylor Cream
Taylor Brush
Feather ASD1 fallen in love with!
Greens (1)
Witch Hazel Aftershave
Cade ASB
The Cade youth Concentrate was given to me as a wee pressie, lovely stuff!
Nice confortable burn free shave, however I still prefer the yellows!

The name of vessel in the background is called "MV Ballylesson" (CROSSING BANGOR BAY, CO DOWN, INBOUND BELFAST APRIL 1969 WITH A CARGO OF COAL) which I sailed on back in circa 1969. I can remember the officers and crew either using the cut throat/DE. No cartridges in those days, not that I can remember.

wedgr.jpg

Regards
Jim

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Muhle, 25 mm silver tip
Razor: Hibbard, Spencer
Superlather: Henks DutchMoss + Irish Moos
AS: Fones, Malibu
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

006800x5902.jpg

... and some:
012800x734.jpg

L'Occitane Bavx soap
Razor Iron Duke
Le Tuft Chubby 1.5
Vulfix Persian Musk shaving cream
Alum + Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
Botanics Moisturiser SPF 15
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau de parfum

Jamie

The Duke put out a very nice shave, first since I gave him a new set of custom scales in Welsh Yew, not as smooth as the Feather AC - SS straight razor, but still good enough, a very nice shave gave my Wife the final say to run the rule over the smoothness and the low down on what I used and the set up, I enjoy that very much, She always appears rather pleased with my short shaving information I give her before I ask for her feedback.

003-4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom