SOTD w/c Sat 7th - Fri 13th Jan. '12 incl.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage marshall Fields badger
Stahly/ball end Old Type frankenrazor/ Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS)
IK SS used as a stick
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Jacomo de Jacomo EdT

If I hadda choose one fixed head type design, the Stahly would probably be it. The Gillette blade was a perfect compliment for this mild yet still very effective Stahly, which can accept about any handle I wanna use with it. You guys gotta try this head sometime and see for yourself what's up with this sleeper.

BBS results,

Martin

Thursday morning.

Merkur 34c with Supermax blade
Edwin Jagger pure badger
vintage Crabtree & Evelyn pour homme soap
The Real Shaving Co ASB.

nice and smooth with a little A/S from Next

1-7.jpg

Shavex/ red personna, fast running out Martin de Candre - it's lasted over two years. NF 24mm Two Band and T&H 1805 balm. Wonderful lather! It's quite warm in the Forest today.

Gillette Slim Adjustable on 7, 5, 3 with Polsilver
Vitos almond soap
Henk walnut silvertip brush
Boots Freshwood aftershave balm.

Decent close shave. Fast realising how well an aggressive first pass and mild second and touch up pass works

Most of last week and beginning of this week. I was away in finland.

Pre shave prep

Sauna - this cannot be beaten to soften and moisten the beard.*
Mach 3 (I was travelling)
GFT travel super badger brush
GFT Sandalwood cream
GFT sandalwood skin food

Great shave even from a mach 3. would be great to have tried this with a DE.
* Saunas are common place in Finland, I think most houses have them. A great shave prep.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (8)
Soap: Taylor's Jermyn Street
Brush: Neep #955 soapstone silvertip badger
Balm: Bulldog
Scent: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Yes. Decidedly.

Prep: Hot Bath (using T&H WI Limes Bath Gel and Bath Soap)
Razor: Merkur 39C Slant
Blade: Shark SS (2)
Cream: T&H 1805
Brush: Kent BK4
Aftershave: Floid Blue
EDT: TOBS Jermyn Street Cologne

Once again, the Bath Gel and Bath Soap were not as limey in practice as they smell initially, but still very nice compared to the shaving cream which was disappointing scent wise.

But the 1805, a cream I haven't used too much, is excellent. Very subtle and a nice masculine, clean scent.

Still adjusting to the slant. I've been rotating 1 day with the slant, 1 day with the 38B. I think my problem is I'm using the slant the same way I'm using the 38B. I think I may have to use it exclusively for a few days, maybe a week, until I get used to the differences.

Just finished work,
time for a shave
Started with hot shower,
razor: EJ 89
soap:Sandalwood T&h
brush:unknown, Hong Kong to try
Thre passes and some extra movements under my chin..
EDT: Prada :icon_razz:

Used Proraso pre and post, but next time rather a balm

thursday

white proraso prepost
neo custom 2 band
Nannys yushu soap
Ej Bull mastiff + 7 oclock yellow (1)
thayers superhazel
proraso ASB
result: 3passes, very nice shave. dare I say its BBS..there I said it.

Microwaved face flannel
Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Barley
Nacet (3)
Neep Soapstone Badger
Tabac stick
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

As I've started shaving in the evening (more relaxing, extra time in bed in the morning) I've started nuking a wet face flannel. Makes for a really effective 'hot towel'.

Anyway, tonight's shave. Another lovely one. The EJ hasn't nicked me once and I have had three BBS shaves off it and the Nacet.

The Castle Forbes I am not sure about. It's nice, but very strongly perfumed with something I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe lavender?

It's a decent balm but no way is it worth £30 a bottle. I paid £9 including postage and it's worth about that.

Thursday

Dovo Prima
Vie Long Horse/Badger
Nanny's Rasage Traditionnel Soap
Alum
Old Spice Whitewater

5911s.jpg

A great shave, the soap was a belated Christmas present from my sister along with a cake of Sandalwood. She bought 2 cakes but only 1 tin, presumably expecting me to use up one before starting the other............
What a strange and alien concept, but a truly great present as Nanny's soaps are outstanding.

RE: SOTD w/c Sat 7th - Fri 13th Jan. '12 incl.
thursday eve 12th jan

EJ89L
gillette superthin (3)
Kent BK8 brush
nannys sandalwood soap
alum block
nivea Q10

Taken to shaving in the evenings gives bit of a lie in before tackling to 25 miles drive to work first half always fun on the windy welsh lanes, never fail to enjoy the drive.

nice 3 pass shave enjoyed the nannys soap first outing for a while been using palmolive stick last couple of weeks.

recently moved out of swansea back up country to just outside Llandeilo so less sea views more quiet roads but still nice views well till you get to the M4 then short hope to junc 47 but nice start to the day

Back
Top Bottom