SOTD w/c Sat 7th - Fri 13th Jan. '12 incl.

Sunday

Sprock 6/8
Vie Long Soap
Tabac Stick
Alum
Witch hazel
Jovan Musk
fmjblv.jpg

Effortless and awesome with a razor that never disappoints. I'd given it a few laps on a crox strop before the shave and the HHT was a silent fall apart. BBS

Monday

Proraso pre/post
RSC Shaving Cream - face lathered
Merkur 39c
Personna Platinum
Alum
RSC aftershave balm
Pinaud Vanilla aftershave splash

3 pass, WTG x2, XTG...near BBS

I love how efficient the 39c is at removing stubble, I didn't shave yesterday and it just mowed down the stubble this morning.

Monday: first day back at work since Yule
Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Proraso foam (Red)

I don't know why Proraso don't sell this stuff through normal retailers / supermarkets. Same with Noxzema who's disappearance led in no small part to me looking for alternatives a few years ago.

I would happily swap my entire stash of 'traditional' shaving gear for a decent stock of good menthol foam and ProGlide cartridges.

1-4.jpg

The Razor is this 1918 Single Ring:
http://fidosshavingblog.blogspot.com/2010/11/gillette-single-ring-1918.html

When I first used it, I got into a terrible mess. Not any more. With a feather light touch and three passes, a superb close shave shave. Le Creuset stuffed with palmolive soap sticks, a NF 24mm 2 band and Proraso Balm made up the rest. Open comb razors are great when treated with respect. I wouldn't want to stick a Feather in it!

Just half an hour ago:

Muehle R101 (2011) & Wilkinson (German) [#3]
Jack Black synthetic
Palmolive stick
Mennen Skin Bracer after shave
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

photo-61.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 Macys badger
1958 Executive/Wilkinson Super Sword (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH formulation used as a stick)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Roger and Gallet L'Homme 'Sport' EdT

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Macys small.jpg
    Macys small.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 13
Monday

Merkur Progress
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Vitos Coconut Soap
L'Occitane Cade ASB

I didn't shave yesterday, as I was out doing some "Woodland Management" at the local RSPB reserve.

The Shark isn't as sharp as the Swede, but still an excellent result.

Ian

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (5)
Cream: Taylor's Violets
Brush: Neep #955 soapstone silvertip badger
Balm: Trumper's Skin Food, Coral
Scent: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Apart from being at twenty to seven, this was lovely. Back to work it is!

Had decided to shave with my Gillette 58 this morning, but an early wake up due to work soon put an end to that! and started a half asleep drag across my face.

Gillette Mach 3 sensitive (Indian/European Market Mach 3)
Noxzema Red
Choppard Pour Homme edt

I find the sensitive Mach 3 doesn't shave as close as the normal Mach 3, maybe that's what makes it sensitive?

Merkur 39C Slant
Shark SS (1)
Homemade Lemon Soap
Semogue 610
Floid Blue
Inverse by Kylie Minogue EDT

Second use of the slant and I think it went well. I decided to use the 'bonus' items that were kindly sent by RobTheWire (who sold me the 39C), namely the Shark blades and the Homemade Lemon Soap - made by Rob's sister. It reminds me of Lemon Sherbets, an awesome scent and performed OK too. It makes me laugh when people liken Arko sticks to lemon sherbets - I have to wonder what sherbets these people have been eating, because I think Arko smells of public toilets! This stuff is lovely though.

Back
Top Bottom