SOTD w/c Sat 7th - Fri 13th Jan. '12 incl.

Veiga 7/8, restored & rescaled by Maximilian
Ambrose Spanish Horse (25/50)
Plisson #14 Haute Montagne
JabonMan "Brisa de Oriente" SS
Czech&Speake Frankincense&Myhrr EdT

P1070763.jpg

Jabonman is a spanish artisan who's is starting to make soft soaps, and with succes I must say. A picture of the lather

P1070762.jpg

Arrowhead said:
Is that the same Shark as I've seen Mikael? - got a feeling you've maybe got more than one. I thought it was a super little blade, and as you say, maybe a bit less "Swedish" in character than might be expected. As Peter says, the bowls are very photogenic, especially the numbered one.

Cheer Andy! Sure is and I did have another one (and a third, that I think is in my to do stash).

Merkur 39C Slant Bar
Astra SP (3)
T&H West Indian Limes
Kent BK4
GFT Lime Skin Food
Inverse by Kylie Minogue EDT

First use of the 39C, I was wary having never used a slant, but it did a great job. I will need to get used to slightly different angles, but sometimes I put myself off things by reading stuff on here and get these visions of slashing my face to shreds, when I needn't be worried.

I was the same with Feathers - I was bricking myself and when i finally took the plunge, they shaved great. That said, I specifically chose to go with a twice used Astra in the slant for it's first go, rather than jumping straight in with a sharper, new blade.

Still mightily disappointed with the T&H Limes, not as limey as I hoped and still too chemically for my liking. I want to like it, given it's cost and the fact it was a Xmas gift, but I fear this one is not for me.

Saturday:
Proraso Pre / Post
Progress / Red Personna
Proraso shaving foam (red one)
Alcolado Glacial splash
Proraso Pre / Post

Not as tingly as yesterday. Noxzema tomorrow.

This evening:

Prep: Hot shower
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (4)
Cream: Trumper's Sandalwood
Brush: Neep #55 soapstone badger

Quick, comfortable, and satisfying. Not, I think, quite as close as usual, but we're talking barely-perceptible-to-touch differences. The cream is lovely; rich, thick, slick, nearly-instantly lathered, and great to the nose. I have no idea why I've been using it so little. Actually I seem to have been on a soaps kick recently, for no clear reason I can see.

L'Oreal face scrub
Chatsworth Barley razor
Men U boar brush
Erasmic cream (new improved?) version
Gillette 365 blade
Real Shave Co. balm.

The face scrub is really mild. I thought L'Oreal were expensive but the tubes are bigger at 150ml, and I like their products.

The 365 blade works well with the Chatsworth Barley and this is the 5th shave with it, then replace the blade. I normally replace blades after 4 shaves.

The brush works well after a good soaking. I think the trick is to put small amounts of lather on for each pass - 3 passes so 3 small amounts, instead of one large amount for all 3 passes.

The Erasmic is the new improved version - not made in Jordan, and not a hint of coconut anywhere :icon_sad: it seems all chemical and a bit of chamomile in there somewhere. A bit non descript but a good shave though. I'm using this tube, 75ml, for a change from the St James Of London cream I normally use.

The balm is okay for a quid, but can be a bit runny. So I keep the tube with the cap facing up.

Up early due to getting a text message at daft o'clock from my eldest son to say he was in A&E having stitches after getting 'glassed'.

Sounded worse than it was. Cut his elbow during a full and frank exchange of views with a fella who had thrown a pint of beer over my daughter.

Don't ask.

They get it from their mother!

Sunday:
Proraso Pre / Post
Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Noxzema shaving foam
Alcolado Glacial splash
Proraso Pre / Post

joe mcclaine said:
Up early due to getting a text message at daft o'clock from my eldest son to say he was in A&E having stitches after getting 'glassed'.

Sounded worse than it was. Cut his elbow during a full and frank exchange of views with a fella who had thrown a pint of beer over my daughter.

Ouch - as a Father I feel your pain, but on the bright side, what a great brother to go wading into a situation to protect his sister. You did a great job bringing him up - well done!

joe mcclaine said:

Don't ask.

They get it from their mother!

Sunday:
Proraso Pre / Post
Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Noxzema shaving foam
Alcolado Glacial splash
Proraso Pre / Post

Takes me back! Hope all is well.

L'Occitane Bavx soap
Merkur 34C-HD
Gillette super thin Blade
Simpsons Chubby 1 in Super
Mitchell's Woolfat
Alum + Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
Botanics Moisturiser
Floris Elite Eau de parfum

Jamie.

A delightful shave two pass shave no touch up perfect start to a sunday morning

003-3.jpg

Sunday

Razor: Feather AS
Blade: Feather (4)
Brush: Semogue LE boar 1
Soap: Cella

Great shave. This razor is fantastic. Not as close as I'd like as my beard does grow back a bit quicker but it's super comfortable to shave with.

The boar, this brush is turning out to be just to my tastes. I'm quite pleased with it so far.

Have a great Sunday all!

Saturday (belated entry).

Penhaligons nickel brush
T+H hard soap
Merkur 37C Slant
7 o'clock yellow (fresh)
Ogalalla bay rum lime and peppercorns

Like Pavlov's Dog, I'm just getting used to the slant, only 4th shave I think. First couple were disappointing, this was better. Really smooth result after 2 passes, I think I needed to adjust the blade angle a tad.

Edwin jagger badger brush
Tobs shaving shop shaving cream
Orpahned Merkur 39c :icon_sad:
Med prep personna 2
Nivea asb cool kick

I for some reason have fallen off with the performance of the 39c, the first couple of shaves were great great, but now :huh:

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson, Polo 8
Razor Ari-Ya, my ant arrow razor
Cream: Fitjar, Neroli
AS: Old Spice, Musk (Shulton blend)
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Lovely cream and razor ... and brush and the whole experience actually :D :D
004800x573.jpg

Back
Top Bottom