SOTD w/c Sat 5th May - Fri 11th May ...

RE: SOTD w/c Sat 5th May - Fri 12th May ...

Fido said:
5-15.jpg

Another outing for Trumpers genuine buffalo horn brush. Superb hair, light painting on of the Arlington lather. Mmmm.
I love the brush :heart:

Thursday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Shark Super Chrome Blade
Semogue 2000 Brush
Art Of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Thayers Witch Hazel

It always surprises me how long the scent from this cream lingers.

Ian

I don't know why but I Woke up with a slurry jazz frame of mind this morning,so a straight razor ain't going to happen! So looking in the DE razor draw, I'm looking for a razor to reflect my frame of mind,the choice is simple,a 1930s fat handle tech,with a wilkinson sword blade ,can't get much more chilled than that can you? In fact,on my face that's just like jazz, think of an old arch top jazz guitar, with smooth wound strings in a jazz club on a Wednesday night at about 10.36 pm....NICE and chilled out:icon_cool: the rest of the ingredients....
Lazy dove soap face wash, hot towl face prep, ahhh heaven
Kent BK2 brush
Taylor's sandlewood shaving cream, ahhhhhhhh that sent,pure nirvana
Geo.F.Trumper Sandlewood Skin Food to finish mmmmmm
BSS WTG :angel:
I'm off now to post Carl's razor blades to him
Have a cool day.

Fatboy E4 MMMmmm
Red Personna 74 MMMMmmm
2213 Chunky Fido Brush
Crabtree and E Sienna.....MMMMmmmm
Set phaser to 3 then 6.....3 seemms really mild on this one!!
Will try 5 and 7 tomorrow...

Lovely
Yrs
Slack.

Maybe there is a Friday 12 of May on my calendar I will go and look.
Swedish calendars may be different.....

Slick said:
Fatboy E4 MMMmmm
Red Personna 74 MMMMmmm
2213 Chunky Fido Brush
Crabtree and E Sienna.....MMMMmmmm
Set phaser to 3 then 6.....3 seemms really mild on this one!!
Will try 5 and 7 tomorrow...

Lovely
Yrs
Slack.

Maybe there is a Friday 12 of May on my calendar I will go and look.
Swedish calendars may be different.....

Oi, I dig the MMMMMmmmmm in your shave :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Thursday:

Penhaligons nickel / best brush
Fitjar Bregneskog (Norwegian fern) cream
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
Thayers cucumber witch hazel
Crabtree and Evelyn WI limes cologne

All good.

Today, a luxurious shave!

npn8ms.jpg

Queen Charlotte's GIT type soap + Vie&Long 16910 "two bands edition" + Merkur Slant with Blitz #1 +Cool Water after-shave lotion and balm

This soap makes good foam and smells well, but it hasn't remarkable propierties... a decent soap anyway, very good to combine with Cool Water products (very similar scent in my opinion).

And I have tested for the first time this Blitz german blade. It seems smooth and soft but not very sharp. I'll use it with other razors to appreciate it better...

Cheers!

The imitation badger brush is a very good performer. Holds a lot of water, easy to create lather and comfortable on the face. Coates as good as ever. I'm really going to miss this when it's all used up. Hybrid Tech/Lord now in regular use. Suits me fine.

5-16.jpg

Cheers Timbo., I've changed the date now :blush:!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simspon
Razor: Wade and Butcher, for barbers use
Soap: Cassi Tea Three and Lavender
AS: Proraso
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

I tested a soft soap today (cheers Lisa) and it was a pleasant surprise, slick as few (right up there with the best) and I like the scent as well, strong and good Tea Three scent, I would have liked strong hints of spicy lavender too, but you can't have it all (or my nose has failed me, wouldn't surprise me,if that was case). I think the skin feels a little better than usual too... :D
0491024x777.jpg

... and:
035700x498.jpg

Proraso pre-shave
Nanny's Down Home Summer (bowl lathered)
Super Adjustable (5) / Iridium blade
Alum
Speick
L'Oréal Balm

I used up the last of the splodge I received from Sharon today - it delivered on all fronts again. The soap is a brilliant performer with nice earthy notes to the scent. I think I will be trying some of her other varieties before plumping for my final selection, but I would recommend a splodge of this to anyone.

This was my first attempt with an Iridium blade and I went back to my super adjustable, which has been sat on the subs bench for a week or two (since I bought my slim adjustable.) It's funny - 5 on the slim is just right, but felt altogether too rough on the super. I ended up dialling back to 4 and enjoying the shave much more.

The Iridium blade seems plenty sharp enough, but not the smoothest blade ever. I'll try again tomorrow with the whole shave at 4 and see if I get more joy out of it.

One last thing - I previously used the L'Oréal balm and found it to be perfectly acceptable. However, since using the Boots No.7 stuff (which I've now finished) I'm much less happy. It looks like I'll be paying full price for the No. 7 balm rather than waiting for another promo voucher.

Thursday very nice shave today! New to me straight edge that I received yesterday. Cleaned her up and honed it last night. Very pleasantly surprised this morning. Very very nice shave!
Razor: J M Schmidt & Son HOPE wood tone handle.
Pre shave: Noxzema plus
Soap: Muhle Sea Buckthorn
Brush: Muhle badger
Alum
AS: Clubman
Balm: Nivea Protective
Very nice start to the day!

BRW Bull Mastiff
Vintage Wilkie blade (3)
Neep Soapstone brush
MWF (face lathered)
Witch hazel
Clinique balm

Last go with the Wilkie. It's a match made in heaven with the BRW.

It's really odd as they don't feel as sharp as a modern blade but they just effortlessly deliver a smooth, irritation free shave every time.

Damn shame they don't sell them anymore!

Razor: Feather Popular
Blade: Feather(17)
Brush: Semogue 210
Cream: Cella All'Olio di Mandorla
A/S I: Thayers Lemon
A/S II: Gel SR N Natura

100520121212.jpg

Thursday Night

Weber Bulldog DLC
Supermax vidyut
FS finest
Macca root cream
Speick AS
Prof's Universal Balm

Trying the vidyut for the first time, not a bad blade but not the best I have tried. Clean shave with no irritation.

I already posted this one but Tapatalk decided to attach two files - pictures of razors I don't own - and then wouldn't delete the post or remove the attachments, so I deleted it on the web and the text failed to copy. So fuck it.

I used Cade, green ginger, Blenheim Bouquet, and the cocobolo Neep extra silvertip.

Back
Top Bottom