SOTD w/c Sat 28th April - Fri 5th May ...

Also this morning...

Hot towels (goes without saying for me)
Proraso preshave (so does this)
Nanny's Down Home Summer / Kent BK2
Gillette slim adjustable / Gillette 7o'clock yellow (1st use)
Speick aftershave
Boots no. 7 balm

This is my second run with this razor and blade combination and I think I'm a little bit in love. Fantastic shave off 2 passes (razor at 5) and then dialled down to 3 for a basically unnecessary 3rd pass.

Another word out for Nanny's soap which gives a lovely, comfortable shave. Highly recommended!

EJDE89
Red Personna
EJ Badger
Palmolive Cream
Freshwood Balm
Jovan

Very good head and face shave, still not sure I'm happy with the freshwood scent though.

The next morning... same shave as yesterday (see 2 posts above) except that I upped the slim to 7. Why do I feel the need to tinker?!? What was a perfectly good shave yesterday became rough today and has left me a bit tender. The actual finish was no better either.

I'm sure much of this is my technique, but it's more proof that I ought to just go with the one thing that gives me best results. Sadly that's not my nature and I'm sure I'll end up with a few more rough shaves before I'm finished!

Wednesday

Muhle R41
Gillette 7 O' Clock Sharp Edge Blade
Semogue 2000 Brush
Provence Santé Shaving Soap
D.R. Harris Pink A/s

2 WTG passes with the R41. Good enough.

Ian

Today, a "samples" shave!

drvxt.jpg

Jabonman Limas&Canela soap + Vie&Long 16910 "two bands edition" + Gillette Fat Tech with Astra blue + Prof. Blighty's Yellow Ginger sample

A good shave! I'm impatient waiting for this spanish soap maker new web shop, because after using its latest soaps samples I think is one of the best artisan ones I have tested, hehe.... easy foam, lubricating, hydrating, strong scent... what more could you need from a good shaving soap?

And I have used for a second time this Prof. Blighty's lotion (yellow one):

ginger033.jpg

but this time alone without balm. A bit of itchyng/irritation in application but later left my skin soft and well moisturized, with a strong "sweety lemon" scent. Anyway, IMHO is not a good idea to use it if you have had a bad/irritating shave.

Cheers

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: SOC, two band Owners Club
Razor: Jernbolaget, Eskilstuna
Soap: Nannys French Lavender
AS: Blue Italian Floid
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Nice little razor, indeed, keen edge and the coolest brand sign of the Swedes, I think.
010800x498.jpg

010761x561.jpg

Fatboy on 6, 5, 4 with 7 o'clock green (2)
Vulfix 404 bristle & badger
Palmolive stick
RSC balm
Ogallala bay rum limes & peppercorns

Very nice. I note some folks dial down adjustables as they progress through their shave, some dial them up and others just leave on the same setting. Only my 3rd shave with an adjustable and I've been dialing down. Obviously a matter of personal preference, but anyone care to comment on the relative merits of dialing up or down?

Aristocrat 16 with 7 o'clock Sharp Edge (2nd shave)
Nivea moisturiser
Roger and Gallet L'Homme shaving soap in wooden bowl
M&S Harvard aftershave balm

Another great shave.

1960s tech,feather blade
Thiers issard brush
Taylor's sandlewood shave cream
Geo.f.trumper sandlewood skin food to finish
BSS WTG smoth and comfy nice:)

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger
'Webly'/Wilkinson Sword Edge (NOS)
vintage Old Spice SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Creed 'Aventus' EdT

BBS results,

Martin

5-13.jpg

Bowl lathering and painting today - a bit of gentle pampering. getting on really well with my hybrid Tech with an extra long Lord handle which fits nicely on to the Gillette head. A lot cheaper than a bespoke handle which I could get made.

Steve's Bay Rum is great stuff - makes a change from my usual balms.

Razor: Corneta Gebr. Weyersberg
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap : Tabac
A/S I: Thayers Lemon
A/S II: Floïd Vigoroso

020520121192a.jpg

Have a nice Wednesday everyone!

Back
Top Bottom