SOTD w/c Sat 28th April - Fri 5th May ...

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger
'Webly'/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
IK SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Penhaligons BB

Popped a fresh Plus Platinum blade in the Webly frankenrazor and whew.....nice set up. I believe these old blades were produced in the late 60s-early 70s and are one of my favorites. They're very sharp and smooth and pair up well with the mild razor.

BBS results,

Martin

Thursday: Morning

Soap: Cella, Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima.
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: DE89
Blade: Feather (1)
Face Lather, 3 Pass + Touch up
Results Excellent
Jim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, a gentleman shave!

307ut8l.jpg

Pre Art of Shaving Unscented Oil + T&H Grafton shaving cream + Simpson Duke3 Best + Feather Portable open Muhle with Gillette Platinum #2 + Thayers Lavender "alum" + T&H Grafton balm

A really good shave! It's incredible how change a razor head when you use it in another handle... in this Feather Portable it works really well, but in a Fat Tech was terrible...

Cheers!

Merkur 37c (vintage Wilkie) / Wade&Butcher 5/8
Morris & Forndran blonde badger
Proraso pre/post
Martin de Candre / Cassia's Green Tea & Lavender
Proraso AS
Prof. Blighty's Coconut ASB

WTG with a slant to remove 5 days of stubble, then wtg/xtg with W&B for a change and some practice, then re-lather with Cassia's soap and wtg/atg with a slant again. This worked on quite a contrast - benchmarking a home made soap against one of the best and straight into ATG. However - lather was quite nice (even great for an R&D tester!), certainly serviceable. Lacks in cushion a little bit at this point (still better than many commercial products), but Lisa's really got all chances to be a serious contender on this market :)

7gfL1ahzHps.jpg

DZca8qP5_E8.jpg

Thursday Eve.

Merkur 34C with Feather blade
Edwin Jagger pure badger
vintage Crabtree & Evelyn pour homme soap
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna ASB

feels nice and smooth and smells nice

Helveticum said:
Merkur 37c (vintage Wilkie) / Wade&Butcher 5/8
Morris & Forndran blonde badger
Proraso pre/post
Martin de Candre / Cassia's Green Tea & Lavender
Proraso AS
Prof. Blighty's Coconut ASB

WTG with a slant to remove 5 days of stubble, then wtg/xtg with W&B for a change and some practice, then re-lather with Cassia's soap and wtg/atg with a slant again. This worked on quite a contrast - benchmarking a home made soap against one of the best and straight into ATG. However - lather was quite nice (even great for an R&D tester!), certainly serviceable. Lacks in cushion a little bit at this point (still better than many commercial products), but Lisa's really got all chances to be a serious contender on this market :)

7gfL1ahzHps.jpg

DZca8qP5_E8.jpg

That soap certainly looks promising, not far off by the look of it Helv?
Glad to here your giving the W & B a go:)

Thursday morning:

Professor Blighty's Harlequin soap
Ever Ready Streamline
Gem (6)
Professor Blighty's Harlequin AS

I think 6 shaves is about as many as I can get from these SE blades, it was a bit tuggy at points today. Could probably push another shave out of it, but what's the point? Not going to risk a bad shave when the blades are so cheap.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (5)
Brush: Neep #1156 cocobolo chubby 24mm extra silvertip
Soap: D R Harris Marlborough
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Green Ginger
Scent: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Result: outstanding.

I do so love Harris soaps.

Friday:

Vitos pre-shave
RSC cream
Omega silvertip
Merkur 39c
Astra SP (1)
Nivea Replenishing ASB
Professor Blighty's Isen Vann AS

Very smooth and comfortable.

Prep L'Occitane Lavender Soap
Razor Maxotte 6/8 Soligen High Grade
Brush Simpson Chubby 1
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
Botanics Moisturiser SPF 15
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau De Parfum.

Jamie.

Two pass shave with minor touch up, very smooth, handed my face over to the quality control my Wife, she then gave me the green light.

untitled2.png

Friday

Merkur Progress
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge Blade
Semogue 2000 Brush
Proraso Cream (Green tube)
Thayers Witch Hazel

Ian

Proraso pre-shave
T&H Ultimate Comfort cream / BK2 Brush
EJ89 / Gillette 7 o'clock green (second use)
Alum
Speick A/S
Boots no. 7 balm

After finding the green blade a bit rough yesterday, my face was still a bit sore this morning, so just 2 passes - with and across the grain. Not a bad shave and I think that my face will be glad of the reduced attention.

As things stand, I wouldn't bother with the greens again, but I found the same with the yellows in my EJ (I even traded them for Derbys a while ago) and then had an altogether different experience in my slim. As such, I'll use another blade in that and see if my opinion remains the same.

Back
Top Bottom