SOTD w/c Sat 28th April - Fri 5th May ...

Good day my fellow shavers! So I was given a few samples of E shave creams and aftershave balm. I tried the orange sandal wood. Well, after the nice smell, and really nice lather it is a bust! I used an old reliable Merkur Futur on 1 with a Personna prep blade( cant get milder blade) Some even Derby is sharper. The Kent made a lather bomb with very little cream, but its all show. After first pass I knew this stuff was all show. Well I finished up with normal 3 passes. Each pass Required(!) a new application. The extra pass above lip was no exception. This shave required a nice dose of Swiss Pitrolon. After the sting, the mystery ingredients took the burn off. It was like shaving with just warm water. My wife also noticed the mess in lavatory. Normally I say, " you know Ill clean it" but this time I had a few words with the towel! SUPER FOAM NO SUBSTANCE. Only up side is I did not buy it!

If anyone has a different idea, let me know I have 2 more samples to use. Otherwise Ill dump contents in bin and keep the cute little jars for travel.

merkur HD
supermax super platinum
simpson berkeley best badger
palmolive shaving soap
444/ old spice fresh lime AS

a very nice shave. for the money palmolive absolutely rocks, love the smell and the performance. im warming to the supermax blade, my 3rd shave with this blade and it feels way nicer than the 1st shave. this could possibly become my go to blade.

E4 fatboy
Phaser on 5.
Man I love this razor. It oozes class and Americana.
If I had to sell the few I have this would always stay.
Red personna 74 (thanks, you Bum!!)
Fido two band.
TOBS lemon and lime. Loads of lather from the smallest of blobs.
Shaved cheeks and neck for that god of thunder look.
Pics to follow.
This blade was so mighty in its smoothness I actually had to check the phaser was on 5 and not 1!!
A mighty blade indeed.
Never a shave with the fatboy but an event!!!!
Yrs
Slick ladder

Wed Night

Weber Bulldog DLC
Red IP #1
Semogue 2000
Vitos Soap
Prof's Leather AS
Prof's Universal Balm

Lovely shave but feel the Weber needs a sharp blade to be at its best. Not quite as close as the shave with Indian Black or Super thin. Still a lovely irritation free shave though.

Wednesday, 2.V.2012

Predopobarba Vitos
Semogue 1800
MÜHLE Sandalwood
MÜHLE R101 (2010)
Timor Solingen
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Weleda baume Après Rasage

P1060056.jpg

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (4)
Brush: Neep #1156 cocobolo chubby 24mm extra silvertip
Cream: Taylor's Lemon and Lime
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Scent: Trumper's GFT
Result: excellent.

A most satisfactory beginning to the career of this extremely beautiful brush.

Thursday
Shower
Erasmic stick with Omega pro 49 as pre shave lather
VDH de luxe
Derby (half) Blade
Parker SR1 shavette
Omega 40652 Imitation Badger
Thayers Rose Petal
ARKO Sport a/s cream

Nice, but not as good as with the Racer half blade. Racer seems to be a bit sharper.

Today I reverted to the EJ89 which is my 'control' razor as I was trying out a blade for the first time, a Gillette 7 o'clock green I received recently. I got a nice, close finish but the blade felt a bit 'rougher' over my skin than the yellow had recently and certainly rougher (but closer) than the Derby.

Not a bad blade though and I'll be interested to see how it goes tomorrow on the second use.

Merkur Progress long handle
Tiger stainless (second shave)
Nivea moisturiser
TOBS Luxury shaving cream
Bulldog a/s balm

First use with the Progress and what a cracking shave! Tried it on 2 and only needed two passes for a smooth and close shave. It's a little heavy and it slipped out of my hands at one point (no harm done) but is easier to load than the Futur.

Ok so there's one razor that nobody knows about in my collection, I have kept it hidden away from harm (It's my first love you know) and havent used it for about a year so hear it is
20120503158.jpg

this is part of a set from thiers issard. a trip to the super stone and a jolly good stroping later, its time to relive my first ever straght shave.. its a good job I have improved since then:icon_redface:
dove soap/hot face cloth prep
Brucke 6/8 solingen razor
Thiers-issard brush
Taylor's sandalwood shaving cream
Geo.F.Trumper sandlewood Skin Food to finish
BSS WTG, Smooth very smoth.

Fatboy on 6,5,4 with 7 o'clock green then Feather
EJ pure badger
Erasmic "new improved" cream
RSC balm
Ogallala bay rum limes & peppercorns

An underwhelming shave. When will I learn? This being the 1st Green I've used I tried pushing it to a 3rd shave. Bad move - draggy and uncomfortable especially on my neck resulting in some burn. Popped a new Feather in for the touch up pass which improved matters a lot but the damage had been done by then. I haven't managed to get more than 2 good shaves from any blade I've used so far and am going to stop trying.

I hadn't used this cream since the Christmas break. This shave reminded me why. New it may be, but it's certainly not improved. For me the new Erasmic cream lacks not only the individuality of its predecessor but also the performance. I find it very average. A shame. Think I'll use the rest of the tube up for super lathering and won't be buying again.

shavecraft said:
Fatboy on 6,5,4 with 7 o'clock green then Feather
EJ pure badger
Erasmic "new improved" cream
RSC balm
Ogallala bay rum limes & peppercorns

An underwhelming shave. When will I learn? This being the 1st Green I've used I tried pushing it to a 3rd shave. Bad move - draggy and uncomfortable especially on my neck resulting in some burn. Popped a new Feather in for the touch up pass which improved matters a lot but the damage had been done by then. I haven't managed to get more than 2 good shaves from any blade I've used so far and am going to stop trying.

I hadn't used this cream since the Christmas break. This shave reminded me why. New it may be, but it's certainly not improved. For me the new Erasmic cream lacks not only the individuality of its predecessor but also the performance. I find it very average. A shame. Think I'll use the rest of the tube up for super lathering and won't be buying again.
your beard sounds like me,I can't get a decent shave 2nd time round with a DE blade,so it's new blade every time for me :mad:

Back
Top Bottom