SOTD w/c Sat 28th April - Fri 5th May ...

I'm re using a SOTD pic, but I used/tested both razors today - even though with my custom silvertip New Forest brush ...

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest Silvertip in vintage barbers handle
Razors: Gong (NOS) + Sum Extra
Soap/AS: Tabac
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Now it seems the Sum-Extra took an edge, a very nice and stable edge (last time I had polished the razor after honing = bad idea) and the Gong had dialed in very nicely indeed and had a nice crispy sharp edge, just how I like them :icon_razz:.
0071024x767.jpg

... and a lovely shot of coffee to go with the shave:
0011024x726.jpg

Mikael said:
I'm re using a SOTD pic, but I used/tested both razors today - even though with my custom silvertip New Forest brush ...

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest Silvertip in vintage barbers handle
Razors: Gong (NOS) + Sum Extra
Soap/AS: Tabac
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Now it seems the Sum-Extra took an edge, a very nice and stable edge (last time I had polished the razor after honing = bad idea) and the Gong had dialed in very nicely indeed and had a nice crispy sharp edge, just how I like them :icon_razz:.
0071024x767.jpg

... and a lovely shot of coffee to go with the shave:
0011024x726.jpg
That looks soooooo tasty mmmmmmm

Hot Towel Prep
Art of Shaving Super Badger
TOBS Jermyn St
Taylors Eye Witness 6/8
T & H West Indian Limes ASB
Nivea for Men Intensive Moisturiser

Love the smell of the West Indian Limes mmmm nice shave:)

Monday Eve

Merkur 34C with Feather blade
Edwin Jagger pure badger
vintage Crabtree & Evelyn pour homme soap
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna asb.

First shave with a Feather blade - so took it a bit easier tonight. Nice and smooth.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash (Imperial Leather bath soap)
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (2)
Brush: New Forest High Mountain Badger
Soap: Provence Sante verlaine
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Scent: Trumper's GFT
Result: Excellent.

Progress
One pass
Lion blade
mish mash mush of old soaps pressed into a puck. Some Dodgy Surrey soap in there somewhere.
Growing a beard now!! But a trimmed beard.
Like Thor......oh Yea!!!
used Fido two band to make it all slippery.
Yrs
Slick.

Monday Afternoon...Been open razoring for about almost all of the last two months and feel it's time to take a break from it! I'm all honed and stropped out ...and to be honest I'm no real honemeister! To ease my way back into the 21st Century I'm starting my trip with my beloved Feather Artist ; Blade: Proguard of course!; Preshave: Noxzema Plus; Soap: Erasmic Shave Cream; Alum; Brush: Grosvenor boar and badger; AS: Masters Bay Rum; Balm: Neutrogena Post Shave Lotion.
Yes! the factory blades are sharper than what I can achieve :)-(. Yes, 1 pass WTG and 1 pass ATG and it was almost BBS! Miss the hone and strop? No. Not yet.

Soap: Erasmic Shaving Cream

SUNDAY EVENING

Gillette Parat
Gillette Super Nacet (1)
Simpsons Eagle 3 band
Shave Den coconut soap (scuttle lathered)
Witch hazel
Bulldog balm

Got the lather spot on tonight. Another really nice shave. I've had a good run recently, so a shocker must be on the cards shortly.

Monday Night

Seehund 5/8
Trumpers Sandalwood
Frank Shaving Synthetic
Alum
Old Spice Whitewater

23tr0aa.jpg

A great shave, 2nd usage of the FS synthetic brush and it was impressive. So far I would say that it lathers well but as the hairs don't absorb any water it seems to lack the heat retention one gets with natural hair. That said as a cheap brush its very good.

Morning All!

Semogue 1305
Nannys Grapefruit & Lemongrass
Joseph Rogers 5/8 Wedge
Nannys Vanilla & Coconut PSH
Nivea for Men Rehydrating Moisturiser

Thanks Joseph you were a credit to Sheffield:)

Aristocrat 16 with Tiger stainless
Nivea moisturising balm
Tobs Almond cream
Bulldog a/s balm

Really nice shave. Haven't used this blade for a while so pleased it's as good as I remember and good in this razor.

Back
Top Bottom