SOTD w/c Sat 28th April - Fri 5th May ...

Razor: Feather Popular
Blade: Feather (16)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap : Stick Speick
A/S I: Thayers Medicated
A/S II: Speick

290420121171.jpg

Have a nice Sunday everyone!

Sunday Night

Dovo Prima Silver Steel razor
Nanny's Ice & a Slice Hard Soap
Frank Shaving Synthetic Brush
Alum
Old Spice Whitewater AS

15dfg1.jpg

Well its been a few weeks since my last SOTD post. Life brings along the way some distractions and there have been a truck load recently, some of which I could well do without but you've got to take the rough with the smooth.

Anyway things are settling down and so I'm hoping to contribute a little more regularly again. I've included some cherry blossom in todays picture to mark the Spring albeit that the blossom was detached from the trees here by heavy rain and wind but summer is on its way, or at least it better be!

Today was also my 1st usage with the FS Synthetic brush, early days but I must say I was impressed.

Have a great week gentlemen.

Well, I went and bought a pack of Gillette yellows, Nice shave in my Futur, with GFT cream, and to finish up Alum. I think Ill try the yellows in my Sticky tomorrow! Now to decide on soap/cream, and aftershave!

Gillette Fatboy on 6 with Gillette Platinum (2nd shave)
One Planet moisturiser
Vitos almond soap
Henk walnut silvertip brush
Bulldog a/s balm

Everything really came together this morning. Fantastic lather after a good prep and blade worked as if new in the Fatboy. Close, no nicks and no irritation. Hurrah!

After a morning run (1.4 miles) and shower using botanics face scrub shaves with a slim adjustable on.setting 4 with a new 7 o'clock sharp edge with tabac soap lathered with a chubby 1. Boots after shave moisturiser to ffinish.2 pass shave which is fairly good.not bbs but then i wasn't going for it!

Fatboy on 7, 5 with 7 o'clock green
EJ pure badger
Ingram
RSC balm

Close and comfortable. 2nd shave with the Fatboy and I really like it. Had to put some effort in on my neck, but that's no different to any other razor I've used so far.

Rolls Razor ready to rock(at last)
20120430152.jpg

got that BSS WTG that I love :heart:
Dove soap/hot face cloth prep
Taylor's Sandlewwod Cream
Thiers Issard brush
Geo.F.Trumper's Sandlewood skin food to finish.
The suns out so be happy.

Have no internet at home at the minute, bad times.

Saturday, Sunday and Monday I have used my Ever Ready Streamline. It's fast becoming my favourite razor in my arsenal. Used Arko soap for the past couple of days, rarely use it, good stuff though.

Merkur Futur set at 2 1/2
Permasharp blade..second use......ready for replacing after two shaves
Trumper's Violet Cream...face lathered as opposed to the bowl,nearly finished must get some more
Frank Finest Badger
Nivea cream to moisturise...the thick cream in the blue tin...better for me than the sensitive balm which gives me irritation.
Three pass shave ...BBS finish

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Marshall Fields two band
'Webly'/Wilkinson Sword Edge (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Malizia Vetyver AS
Malizia Vetyver EdT

Nice getting back to using this frankenrazor/blade combo.

BBS results,

Martin

18yzoi.jpg

Speick cream + Simpson Duke3 Best + Gillette Fat Tech open Muhle with Gillette Platinum #1 + Myrsol Agua Balsámica with The Real Shaving balm

Although I got a good foam with Speick cream, the shave was bad: irritation, itching... A bad combination this Muhle open comb with Fat Tech handle... it's strange because when I tried it in Tech ball-end and Muhle R89 handles it worked well.

By the way, in this shave I have finished both TRS balm and Speick cream! The first cream I spend in almost two years, hahaha... too much rotations...

Cheers!

Sunday/monday
Shower
Erasmic stick with Omega pro 49 as pre shave lather
VDH de luxe
Racer (half) Blade
Parker SR1 shavette
Omega 40652 Imitation Badger
Thayers Rose Petal
ARKO Sport a/s cream

Nice to see you can have a good shave with such inexpensive stuff.

Back
Top Bottom