SOTD w/c Sat 28th April - Fri 5th May ...

Hot towel prep
Aristocrat
7 O'clock Yellow
Simpson Chubby 2
TOBS Almond cream
Extra cold rinse

Nice shave really comfortable feel, the cream is pungent but doesn't linger long on me.

Drought? Not round here right now.

4-14.jpg

DR Harris rose cream, lathered in a bowl and gently painted on.
Gillette Tech with long handle from a Lord razor. Cheap as chips and very effective with a red Personna blade which I now use for 7 days before replacing.
Wilkinsons balm - 2 for £5 and still plenty left.
And a New Forest 2031.

Today, italian shave!

2qtk4eo.jpg

Pre Art of Shaving Unscented Oil + Vitos Coconut soap + Vie&Long 16910 "two bands edition" + Merkur Futur at 2,5 with Astra azul + Floid Blue italian lotion with Proraso balm

An excellent shave! I got a luxury foam with this soap and all was very well! And I put some Floid in this small spray to mix better in my hands with Proraso balm, is a winner combination and in this manner Floid smells stronger, hehe

Cheers!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Le Tuft w 22 mm Simpson super knot
Razor: C V Heljestrand M K no: 8
Superlather: DR Harris soap + Proraso cream
AS: Mennen skin bracer
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

How I like the ease of the shaves and results this type of Helje razors give! :D As prop: my 7 day C V Heljestran SE set, complete with Heljestrands own stropping "automatic" device.
0021024x708.jpg

... and my morning coffee (soon time for my after noon coffee:) ):
007700x495.jpg

Shave no1,test of Rolls Razor blade no2... Bluebeards revenge, Kent BK2 brush sandlewood skin food to fin. Blade failed miserably. back to the strop.:mad:
Shave no2,test of Rolls Razor blade no 2...Bluebeards revenge, Kent BK2 brush sandlewood skin food to fin.. Blade shows some life... Back to the strop...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Shave no3,test of Rolls Razor blade no2... Bluebeards revenge, Kent BK2 brush Sandlewood skin food to fin........... SHE'S ALIVE YEEEEHAAARRRRR.
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
I know the previous owner is dead, so I can't kick him in the Bollocks, but if I find out where his grave is.............. Very tempting, Very tempting.

John said:
Shave no1,test of Rolls Razor blade no2... Bluebeards revenge, Kent BK2 brush sandlewood skin food to fin. Blade failed miserably. back to the strop.:mad:
Shave no2,test of Rolls Razor blade no 2...Bluebeards revenge, Kent BK2 brush sandlewood skin food to fin.. Blade shows some life... Back to the strop...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Shave no3,test of Rolls Razor blade no2... Bluebeards revenge, Kent BK2 brush Sandlewood skin food to fin........... SHE'S ALIVE YEEEEHAAARRRRR.
I know the previous owner is dead, so I can't kick him in the Bollocks, but if I find out where his grave is.............. Very tempting, Very tempting.

John, I think it's fair to say you're bonkers. That's the first SOTD to make me laugh out loud!

ChopperHarris said:
John said:

John, I think it's fair to say you're bonkers. That's the first SOTD to make me laugh out loud!

After all that honing and stroping, I think I have gone bonkers...worth it to breath life into that blade ;-)

Sunday

Merkur 34c
Shark SS
Semogue 1305
Proraso Soap
Vifrex Dopo Barba

First time with the 1305 in over a year. Dunno why it's been sat for so long. Now that I'm face lathering I can certainly see a difference between badger and boar. Badger keeps the heat in the lather but boar gives me a better and quicker lather. Happy days.

A four day goatee to get rid of and one day's other stubble.

Ever Ready 1912 with modern GEM SE (2nd shave)
Bulldog moisturiser
TOBS Lavender cream
Bulldog aftershave balm

The blade, although used before, ploughed through the goatee with ease. Second pass was just touchups!

Fido said:

4-14.jpg

Gillette Tech with long handle from a Lord razor. Cheap as chips and very effective with a red Personna blade which I now use for 7 days before replacing.
And a New Forest 2031.
Fido, what do you make of the balm? I was tempted in Asda yesterday but then thought of the Wilkinson blue bowl soap!

Sunday morning

Mercur 34c
Derby Platinum blade
AOS fine badger brush
Nannys ice an a slice with goats milk
Clinique post shave healer balm
Prof Blighty Harliquin aftershave

First ATG shave after three weeks of DE shaving. Absolutely superb BBS shave. I am loving these artisan products and having a ball DE shaving so much now considering a straight. That will have though wait though til Christmas, as I want another razor brush and more creams etc first!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

unknown vintage best badger
1953 President/Wilkinson Sword Edge (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Malizia Vetyver AS
Malizia Vetyver EdT

Tried the Sword Edge blade in the Prez this morning and it was a good fit for the razor. Very little pressure needed during the shave, mainly because this blade's so sharp.....too sharp for the more aggressive #16 I used yesterday. Yeah, this is a nice combo. Heh, the President's rhodium plating really makes it gleam with a nice whitish silver color, and the knurling is a grippy one like the later US made Aristos/Diplomats. I'm glad this one called to me today.

Man, this aftershave/EdT combo has me hooked pretty good. Amazingly cheap products by the Italian company that I really like using. A forum member sent me a sample of the AS a while back and I ordered some myself. Only problem is the EdT scent lasts maybe an hour at the most. I use lots more product but I don't care because of the price.

BBS results,

Martin

NotTheStig said:
A four day goatee to get rid of and one day's other stubble.

Ever Ready 1912 with modern GEM SE (2nd shave)
Bulldog moisturiser
TOBS Lavender cream
Bulldog aftershave balm

The blade, although used before, ploughed through the goatee with ease. Second pass was just touchups!

Fido said:

4-14.jpg

And a New Forest 2031.
Fido, what do you make of the balm? I was tempted in Asda yesterday but then thought of the Wilkinson blue bowl soap!

I'm very happy with it. A very effective moisturiser - leaves a slight film on my face which is something I like but which some may feel is a bit greasy.

SUNDAY EVENING

Gillette Parat
Gillette Super Platinum (3)
Simpsons Eagle 3 band
Shave Den coconut soap (scuttle lathered)
Witch hazel
Trumper lime skin food

Made a bit of a pigs ear of the lather (too much water) but the razor and blade (must try and get some more of these) are so good it didn't impair the quality of the shave.

This brush is lovely too.

BBS ready for Monday morning.

Back
Top Bottom