SOTD w/c Sat 25th Feb- Fri 2nd Mar. incl.

Miercoles
Geo F. Trumper Spanish Leather crema de afeitar/Vie Long 16910 brocha/Merkur Bakelite con Polsilver/La Toja Locion/Aceite de jojoba
P1230701.jpg

Decepcionante la crema de Geo F. Trumper,tanto por aroma como en cuidado de la piel.

NotTheStig said:
[These vintage Personna blades had more drag than Danny La Rue in a parachute

Heh, not quite sharp enough eh NTS?

I saw yesterday you were gonna try one of those blades this morning. My buddy Benefactor Bob sent a few of those out for me to try a couple months ago and I found em to be.......put it like this: I didn't finish the first WTG pass before tossing the silly thing away and loading a different blade in the razor.

I posted about my experience and one member mentioned he liked those blades. Pretty amazing but true story. You didn't actually use that for a complete shave did you?

Dodgy

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (6)
Soap: Cella
Brush: New Forest High Mountain Badger
Balm: Trumper's Skin Food, West Indian Limes
Scent: Trumper's GFT
Result: Excellent!

Stepped carefully around the healing cut - lightly over on the first pass and shaved around it on the subsequent ones. Nice. Very nice.

IMAG0214.jpg

Blade dead after this fourth shave. Good run though. Monsavon performed really well but not sure I like smell. Asked my fiancée what she thought and she said "smells like sudocrem"

Thursday:

Proraso pre/post
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aristocrat Jr.
Gillette Yellow (2)
Alum & Witch Hazel
T&H Trafalgar
Real Shaving Co. ASB

3 passes and touch up, BBS results.

Thursday
Monsavon
Semogue 830
Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather EDT

First time with Monsavon. Lather was a bit 'meh' but it'll get better, I'm sure. Scent was a bit like MdC and there was a very welcome return for Spanish Leather.

Thursday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Trumper Coconut Shaving Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Ian

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Rooney badger
'Webly'/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Malizia Vetyver AS
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

Last few days I've shaved with this latest frankenrazor...Weber handle matched with a Stahly head. The long handle is taking some getting used to, but nothing I can't tweak easily. Nice weight to the Weber, which gives the combo a nice feel in my hand.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Weber 001 (Small).jpg
    Weber 001 (Small).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Weber 002 (Small).jpg
    Weber 002 (Small).jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 6
Oddly enough, after a poor shave yesterday, today's was great. My technique definitely still varies day to day...

Hot flannel for a good 3 minutes (I can tell I'm done because my lower face ends up red!)

Proraso pre-shave (which is now a fixture in my routine)

Speick shaving cream lathered in a bowl. It looked a bit too wet at first so I added a little more cream and whipped it up a bit more. Still looked wet, but given the shave was probably about right.

DE89 with a Derby blade. Have reverted back to the Derby's at the moment - I didn't really get on with my Gillette yellow 7 o'clock blades. This is the only razor I own at the moment, but I've come so close in recent days to buying one of the beauties on the BST forum. However, I'm sticking with the advice to practise technique with one razor before I branch out.

Alum block afterwards, then a dot more Proraso pre/post cream.
Shower (this is purely because of family routines in a morning - shaving after shower would scupper the timetable!!)
L'oreal Hydrating Balm

And somehow it all went right today, chin still feeling smooth now!

Thursday

Prep: Shower & Real Shaving Co - Face Scrub
Prep: Hot flannel to warm face after shower.
Soap: Pamolive Shave Stick (now squished into a bowl)
Brush: Edwin Jagger Best Badger
Razor: Merkur 34c HD
Blade: Crystal Platinum Chrome (2)
Post shave: Professor Blighty - Universal Balsam

Something didn't feel right with the shave today, no nicks or cuts but just an OK shave. Not as smooth as normal and I didn't feel happy with it!

Thursday

Trying out some of my latest acquisitions, The Gillette 1958 (D1) "TV Special" Super Speed, that I have just acquired from sunburyboy93, and some Bay Rum.

Pre: Hot Flannel
Cream: TOBS Jermyn Street
Brush: New Forest Super Badger
Razor: Gillette Super Speed '58
Blade: Feather (2)
Balm: Bay Rum

What a gorgeous razor to use, this was very mild, it felt like it didn't matter how I treated this razor, it wasn't going to cut me. I think this may become a regular in the bathroom cabinet. Very pleased with this purchase. :) :)

A very comfortable shave, probably the most comfortable yet, and a definite BBS finish. Very different to yesterdays aggresive Ikon Classic.

Looking forward to testing out the FatBoy tomorrow now.

Oh, and the Barber Shop Bay Rum is fantastic :)

01MAR2012.jpg

Back
Top Bottom