Arko soap
Vulfix 404 ‘Grosvenor'
Home blend oil
Witch Hazel
Alum block
Home blend oil
Home blend Taylors Sandalwood AS

SOTD24thJan.jpg

this is after I'd finished, and thought I'd photo for SOTD so shows how long the lather lasts

I'd pif'd Ken T M a couple of Gem SE blades and slices of Arko, and having a couple of Arko slivers, after packing, used them up in my “soup” bowl. I don't have the wrapper as I sent it down with the blades but you know the one, wrapped in silver foil, red wrapper with a lathered head in blue oval
Amazon link Washed face with Mysore Sandal Soap soap linky Not from here but from our local (next town) Indian supermarket at £1, where I noticed the Arko soap, also at £1 so gave it a go, super creamy lather, shaved down re-lathered shaved up, hot flannelled face, 5 or 6 drops of my oil mix, oil rubbed into fingers rubbed onto face, 25ml Sweet Almond oil, 25ml Jojoba oil, 25ml Grape seed oil with x2 drops Sandalwood, Cederwood, Ylang Ylang and x10 drops of Vetiver. Mixed and stored in glass bottle decanted into small squeeze plastic bottle to use.

SOTDOil.jpg

shaved diagonal holding face taught, wiped face with cotton ball soaked in Witch Hazel, rubbed face with Alum block, wiped with flannel, rubbed 5 or 6 drops of oil mix onto fingers then onto face, applied Aftershave which is 5ml. of Taylors Sandal Wood decanted into a small glass bottle plus 5 drops of Vetiver essential oil. Verdict WOW ! took the top layer of skin cells off ! any more and my head would end up pointed. The Bear cleaned the blood off the mirror, sink and walls I went for a lie down !
just thought I'd share --- cheers all Danny
Very impressive setup!
Jim

Monday

Proraso pre/post
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna cream
Muhle R89
Israeli blade (2)
Alum + Witch Hazel
T&H Trafalgar splash

Tuesday

Same as above except with Mitchell's Wool Fat soap and Pinaud Clubman

Lovely shaves both days, smooth and comfortable. I quite like the no name Israeli blades from The Shaving Shack, I've heard they're made by Personna. Do any of you chaps know if this is the case?

Merkur 39C Slant
Super Iridium (2)
TOBS Lemon and Lime Cream
Vie Long Horse Hair Brush
GFT Lime Skin Food
Boss Bottled EDT

DFS - Lemon and Lime was the first decent cream I bought and still remains one of my favourites.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (8)
Soap: Proraso green
Brush: New Forest Tubby 2
Balm: King of Shaves
Scent: Penhaligon's Endymion
Result: oh yes.

Second use of the green Proraso, and the first doesn't count as I was using the Vie Long I haven't been able thus far to get on with. KoS balm to compete the deep freeze. A fantastic shave, especially clean.

Tuesday Evening

Gillette Milord
Gillette Goal (2)
Semogue OC 2 band
Body Shop Maca Root cream
Witch Hazel
Trumper lime skin food

This is a superb razor. All the superspeed and rocket variants I've tried have been great to be honest.

Pre: St James of London Mandarin & Patchouli

Shave: Vie-Long pure horsehair
D R Harris Arlington
GEM 1912

Cade
Nivea for Men intensive moisturising cream

Pretty good, no problems shaving under the nose (a pseudo coup de maitre worked great with the GEM), although I found it rather difficult to get close around the corners of my jawline, ended up having to use the Fatboy for touch-ups.
Nivea

Wednesday

Merkur Progress
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Proraso Cream
Proraso Pre-Post as ASB

A bit of sinus trouble, so decided to blast it with Proraso.

Excellent shave and a rather tingly face :)

Ian

L'Occitane Bavx soap
Iron Duke 6/8
Le Tuft Le Une Grande
Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
Botanics Moisturiser SPF 15
L'Occitane Bavx EDT

Jamie.

Well I decided after the last shave to take the Iron Duke back to the stones, right back starting at 1000, on to 5000 then 8000 and finally 12000, finish on my two paddle strops first with a little Chromium Oxide paste mix with a little neatsfoot oil, then the final paddle with a little Dovo paste nothing abrasive, and the biggest compliment i can pay this razor was it actually shaved as well as my Feather Straight razor, the smoothest edge i've seen on this razor sweet. Two pass shave with minor touch up.

001-2.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Henk 21 mm silvertip in oak handle
Razor: Hachiken
Soap: Floris, no: 89
AS: Floris, Elite
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

What a shave! :)
001800x565.jpg

.. and some:
009800x577.jpg