SOTD w/c Sat 21st - Fri 27th Jan. incl.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (2)
Cream: Taylor's Violets
Brush: Neep #1059 soapstone 26mm super silvertip badger
Balm: Bulldog
Scent: Trumper's Sandalwood
Result: reasonably close but a bit hostile

Decent, if unspectacular, lather today, but quite a rough-feeling shave with a mininick and some base-of-neck irritation, not aided by one of my firmest collars on today's shirt. Maybe this blade could do with another dose of towel stropping - I've heard it suggested one gets the occasional rough example. Or maybe I'm just shaving like a hamfisted clot.

The brush has bloomed beautifully and hugely, and is clearly going to be fabulous in another week's time.

Friday Evening:
  • Gillette Adjustable (slim; Birth-Shaver) razor
    Lord Rainbow super stainless blade
    Tres Clavelles Extra Horse (Pro Barber No. 2) brush
    Lea Mentholated shave cream
    Thayers' Rose Petal witch hazel
    FloidSuave ASL[/i]
    Floid Basalmo ASB

Urban Hermit said:
[The other day, I was wwilf-ing around the 'net, and started re-reading about the tragic miscarriage of justice, and "the third trial's" jurors' unanimous written apology to him (which the chairperson read out to the court at his aquittal). Then I saw this colourised piccie, and - as I am also a gentle, easy-going, fat bastard - ... I stole it, for my own low-ego usage, and whateverish stuffs.

Hey, thanks for the answer to my question. Yeah, that was a bad deal all around. The guy was a top star and then poof.

You know, Chaplin was a pretty amazing guy. He wrote, directed, picked the music score, and starred in his movies. You don't see that kinda talent too often.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom