SOTD w/c Sat 21st - Fri 27th Jan. incl.

Cream: TOBS Rose
Brush: Custom made by moi but based on a TOBS handle and a Silvertip knot from golden point
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Feathers
Balm: Geo F Trumpers Rose Skin food
Moisturiser: Mystery ... currently testing a product for an anonymous manufacturer - pretty good though
Aftershave: GFT Extract of Limes

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/ Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
Surrey SS used as a stick (pre VDH reformulation)
Wilkinson Sword AS lotion
Yohji Yamamoto 'Yohji Homme' EdT

BBS results,

Martin

Marty: you could be called "Dodgy Stick" from now :)

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep, 24 mm extra stuffed silvertip
Razor: Roberts
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: Floris, Santal
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

I found this lovely old shaving box recently, oldest one I've found in Sweden and it matched my Roberts razor well :D
014800x531.jpg

... and my morning shot of:
004800x572.jpg

Merkur 38B
Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (1)
TOBS St James Cream
Kent BK4
GFT Lime Skin Food
TOBS Jermyn Street Cologne

Very nice shave as usual. First use of the St James - another excellent TOBS cream with a lovely clean, fresh scent. Although I can't help thinking that any new cream purchase is going to be slightly anti climatic because I just don't think I'll find a scent to beat Jermyn Street, which was one of the first few creams I tried.

027e6e4e-a1a0-a924.jpg

Semogue 1305 which is about a week old so breaking in nicely
Irisch moose _ lovely lather by the bucket load
Rapira (3)
Merkur progress - lowest setting
Witch hazel
4711 cologne for a great fresh smell.

Very smooth and close shave.

EDIT - Apologies for the picture it was posted via tapatalk and didn't rotate!!

Friday evening

Hot shower
Feather SS & Pro blade (#2)
Frank Shaving Finest 26mm
The Art of Shaving Sandalwood
Aqua Velva (in the absence of something matching the sandalwood scent)
L'Occitane 8% shea butter Ultra Gentle Moisturizer
Tom Ford White Musk ('Private Label' series)
Durance nourishing olive body butter
Lush Coconut talc

photo-125.jpg

Ready for a night out in downtown Ulsan:

photo-126.jpg

(shot taken few days back with my phone)

Friday:

Merkur HD 34c
Dorco
'Keith' 2 band badger
Nanny's Lavender soft soap
T&H Grafton asb

Rummaging through my blade stash this morning, I found a few brands that I've not yet tried, one of them being the Dorco (sold in Sainsbury's). It did a decent job in the HD, but I have many other blades that feel smoother.

Good evening Sirs,

SOTD 27.1.12

Pre: Myrsol Emulsion
Cream: Muhle. Aloe Vera
Brush: Semogue SOC (finest badger)
Razor: Muhle R89
Blade: Feather Platinum (4)
After: Gel 444 + Floid

Nice shave for the end of the week. I enjoy the after with portugues gel 444 plus spanish Floyd aftershave :icon_razz:

IMG_7820.jpg

dodgy said:
Urban Hermit said:

Now that is an interesting avatar. How the hell did you decide on that one, may I ask. Heh, yes, I'm familiar with the gentleman.

Martin

The other day, I was wwilf-ing around the 'net, and started re-reading about the tragic miscarriage of justice, and "the third trial's" jurors' unanimous written apology to him (which the chairperson read out to the court at his aquittal). Then I saw this colourised piccie, and - as I am also a gentle, easy-going, fat bastard - ... I stole it, for my own low-ego usage, and whateverish stuffs.

Ah, so it is Roscoe: wasn't sure enough to pass comment.

Mikael: I do like your shaving box. It puts me in mind of an excellent book called "The Fine Art of Faking Furniture", which is full of handy tips for putting a few centuries on a newly made Tudor dresser and so forth. One of which is to leave it in pigsty for a few years ... not that I'm saying that there's anything dubious about your box of course, au contraire. Did you dig up anything else of interest at the same time - a longship for instance?

Mikael said:
Marty: you could be called "Dodgy Stick" from now :)

Pretty crazy eh Mikey,

Yeah, having that puck break free of the bowl while I was traveling over Christmas was a good bit of luck for me. Since then I haven't used any other method.....just a phase I'm sure. Only took me five damn years to try it. Sheeeesh.

Dodgy

Back
Top Bottom