SOTD w/c Sat 21st - Fri 27th Jan. incl.

missingskin said:
This week is still a Dodgy Adjustable week.
'71 Super Adjustable 1 pass on 6, 1 pass on 4

After all the talk about MdC this week I thought I would dig it out again, after using DRH Lavender for the last 10 days or so and still finding the Mdc a bit meh. Think this may be on BST soon.....:s:s

Hey hissingskunk, what the heck's goin on there in beautiful Limeyland,

You know, I kinda feel the same way as you about the MdC....it just ain't a big deal using the stuff. Yeah, scentwise it's just ok, and the eprformance isn't any better than some other top products, and not quite as good as some.

Man, that damn MdC monkey was buggin me for the longest time, but he hopped right off after I actually used the stuff. Stoopid dummy monkey.

So that Black Beauty is the one I sent you? How in the hell did you wheedle that outta me? Man, my memory's shot because I can't even remember the deal clearly. I'm guessing it was the one in nice shape that I don't seem to have anymore. Sheesh. I'm down to only one of those.....no back up.

Type at you later buddy,

Marvy

dodgy said:
missingskin said:
This week is still a Dodgy Adjustable week.
'71 Super Adjustable 1 pass on 6, 1 pass on 4

After all the talk about MdC this week I thought I would dig it out again, after using DRH Lavender for the last 10 days or so and still finding the Mdc a bit meh. Think this may be on BST soon.....:s:s

Hey hissingskunk, what the heck's goin on there in beautiful Limeyland,

You know, I kinda feel the same way as you about the MdC....it just ain't a big deal using the stuff. Yeah, scentwise it's just ok, and the eprformance isn't any better than some other top products, and not quite as good as some.

Man, that damn MdC monkey was buggin me for the longest time, but he hopped right off after I actually used the stuff. Stoopid dummy monkey.

So that Black Beauty is the one I sent you? How in the hell did you wheedle that outta me? Man, my memory's shot because I can't even remember the deal clearly. I'm guessing it was the one in nice shape that I don't seem to have anymore. Sheesh. I'm down to only one of those.....no back up.

Type at you later buddy,

Marvy

Hey Marv, Limeyland is wet and cold..........so business as usual. Yup it is the Black Beauty is the one you sold me, once you get the hang of the missing door its fine and I thought gluing the TTO knob from a F/T Superspeed was a nice touch sorta gives it a nice balance......:dodgy:

yours
Pissingplump

missingskin said:
[Hey Marv, Limeyland is wet and cold..........so business as usual. Yup it is the Black Beauty is the one you sold me, once you get the hang of the missing door its fine and I thought gluing the TTO knob from a F/T Superspeed was a nice touch sorta gives it a nice balance......:dodgy:

yours
Pissingplump

Dammit, I was right. That WAS the nice one.....now I'm having seller's remorse. Must been suffering friom selective amnesia (for my own good). Sheeeesh.

Thursday Evening:

• Parker 84R DE razor, a. k. a. my 'Bling King Razor'
    Gillette (Russian) Bleue Extra blade
    Nanny's Spicy One hard soap
    Semogue Owners' Club Cherry wood with Boar knot
    Thayers' Lavender Witch hazel
    Agua Lavanda Puig colognia as ASL
    Phytos Expert for Men Marigold & Lavender ASB

Hullo there!
  • Cha.
    • Cha, cha.
      Chaah-cha.

*NOTE: I've tipped my metaphorical hat to The Bonzos.

Thursday Night

Puma 3/8
NF2213
Derby Menthol
Alum
Witch Hazel
34y7e2p.jpg

Another great shave, tiny blade but very effective.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (1)
Soap: Cella
Brush: Neep #1059 soapstone 26mm super silvertip badger
Balm: Bulldog
Scent: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Result: close but a little messy

A little jawline weeper and one on the neck. First ever lather with this brush, so not quite what it could be - albeit very promising.

Mikael said:
Wow! I like that picture a lot ^^ Well done Andy!! :icon_razz: :)

... and well done to Diego as well!! :D

There's just something about Andy's shots - told you before... They may not always necessarily be tack sharp, perfectly framed or whatever else (not that they have to). But almost every time they appear they make a bold statement, at least this is how I feel about them...

Very well done, once again.

Friday:

MWF - face lathered
Aristocrat Jr. - just arrived yesterday, cleaned it up and gave it a whirl
Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow
Alum & Witch Hazel
Nivea Replenishing ASB
T&H Trafalgar aftershave splash

3 pass + touch-up shave BBS results, happy days. The Aristo Jr. was a treat, love it!

Gillette Arisrocrat with Astra Stainless
Tobs Sandalwood cream
Henk walnut silvertip brush
Professor Blighty's Universal Shaving Balm - cedarwood and clarysage

Got this lovely gold Arisrocrat on loan from trainman. My first try of an Arisrocrat and it's very nice. Its looks make me think of a non-adjustable Fatboy. In gold. Really does look stunning.

L'Occitane Bavx soap
Taylors Eye witness 1000 razor
Simpsons Chubby 1 in super
Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitante Bavx Balm
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau De Parfum.

Jamie.

Only the second or third shave with this razor since I fully restored it, gave up a very good shave.

002-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom