SOTD w/c Sat 21st - Fri 27th Jan. incl.

Prep: Loreal Men Expert Face Wash. Hot Towel.
Lather: Professor Blighty "Harlequin" Soap.
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89ldb
Blade: Astra Platinum (4th shave with this blade)
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar Brush

A really nice smooth shave. Face did go a bit red afterwards - Im guessing the 4th outing for the blade was maybe one too far?

The Profs soap is superb. Lots of really good lather obtained really easily. Smells delicious too. The balsam is also excellent. A post shave and a moisturiser all in one. Superb.

Merkur Futur kindly loaned by 49er
Gillette 365 (third shave)
St. James Founder's Reserve Cedarwood and Clarysage shaving cream

Merkur used just passed 6 (very briefly and carefully for first pass) then on 2.
Decent shave. I have some initial opinions on the Futur but will reserve my judgement till I have used a few more times.

Professor Blighty's Universal Shaving Basalm, Cedarwood and Clarysage. I requested this for my first try of his basalm. Initial thoguhts are that this is very good. Great cooling feeling, eased off the mild burn, left skin feeling soft and hydrated. I just need to avoid placing orders all at the same time for the same basalm in almond, lime, coconut...

DSCF1222.jpg

30 - 40 year old blade and 30 - 40 year old razor, shaved just like my Ej89 :icon_biggrin:.

Yesterday I used a sample of Alt Innsbruck before and after cream not sure straight away if there was a difference so Today I wanted to try without the pre-shave but everything else the same.

Before- hot shower and a brew. TOBS Shaving room cream face lathered with Edwin Jagger pure badger.

Shave- Merkur blade 3rd use, Merkur 42.

Post- Cold water rinse, boots botanics after shave balm, Alt-Innsbruck eau de cologne.

Result smooth though slightly less comfortable shave than before with the pre-shave though when I say slightly I only mean a fraction. Love the smell of the cologne!

Arrowhead said:
Both pics are nice today Mikael, and so far as I can tell you're to be congratulated on getting hold of Lavazza cups.

Cheers Andy! I bought them cups cheap, on an add. It was a guy who had had a cafe, who sold 24 of them for two tenners :)

Razor: Ikon h2o
Blade: 7 o'clock green
Brush: Le Tuft 404
Soap: Tabac

First shave with the 404 after its had a new knot. 2 band fans are quite nice.

Testing continues...

This week has been a Dodgy Adjustable week.
Prep Hot Shower, Nanny's Lavender Bath Soap
'71 Super Adjustable 1 pass on 6, 1 pass on 4
Polsilver (3)
MdC
Le Tuft Resyke
Proraso Sul Filo Del Rasoio
After all the talk about MdC this week I thought I would dig it out again, after using DRH Lavender for the last 10 days or so found the Mdc a bit meh. But will give until the weekend it might grow on me again. Not used the adjustable for a while and teamed up with a polsilver it works a treat, good work shave..............not to sure if i would try for BBS with this combo?

Back
Top Bottom