SOTD w/c Sat 21st - Fri 27th Jan. incl.

Sunday Night
Sprock 6/8
Vie Long Horse/Badger
Nanny's Ice & a Slice
Alum
Boots Freshwood balm mixed with Azzaro and witch hazel
zmmbzd.jpg

Smooth, close and comfortable. What more can you ask?

Sunday Night

Gillette Milord
Gillette Bleue Extra (3)
Semogue OC 2 band
Boots cool cologne cream
Boots Freshwood AS balm

THE GOOD

Lovely blade and razor combo. No nicks. No irritation. Really like the smell of the AS balm.

THE BAD

A cheap set of software and it showed unfortunately. The cream smells a bit 'lavatorial' and, whilst it aided in a nice shave, it was just missing a certain something in terms of that nice luxurious lather we are all used to.

The balm I like, but it has parabens in it.

So, in summary, they are both perfectly adequate but they are down the list in terms of my favourites.

Cella Shave Soap.
Merkur 34c HD.
Red IP.
Simpson colonel.
TOBS Jermyn Street AS and ASB.

I think the secret ingredient here is the Cella Soap and Red IP blade. I have had great shaves with these two no matter what razor or AS I use after. No nicks or irritation.

Botanics face scrub
Merkur 34C - HD
Feather Blade 2
Simpsons Chubby 1 in Super
Mitchells Woolfat
Alum + Witch Hazel
Botanics Moisturiser SPF 15
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
Floris Elite Eau De Parfum

Jamie.

Two pass shave no touch up, a super shave, great lather super blade and razor, can't really find fault with anything.

untitledc.png

Monday

Merkur Progress
Gillette Platinum (Swede) Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
D.R. Harris Lavender Shaving Soap
Alum
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Ian

Monday

white proraso pre/post
NF silvertip
Proraso green soap
Merkur HD + red IP (1)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: 2 passes, very comfortable and smooth. could have done with a couple of touch ups but was running late.

Monday:

Merkur Slant 37c
Perma-sharp super
Neep box wood silvertip
T&H sandalwood cream
T&H sandalwood asb

Almost finished my Truefitt & Hill sample pack. It is unlikely any of these will replace my current favourites but I enjoyed using them - some fine scents and decent performance. I don't often need asb, but these are pleasant to use, light and non-greasy.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Wilkinson Stainless Steel (NOS)
Rivivage SS used as a stick
Wilkinson Sword AS lotion (old juice)

BBS results,

Martin

Blade: Super Max
Razor: Blue beards revenge DE
Cream: TOBS Almond
Aftershave: none
Post shave balm: none

Had to cut my shave short this morning, on account of being late for work. Still, everything seems fine so far, face isn't sore or anything from lack of post shave balm.

Merkur 38B
Astra Blue (3)
TOBS Eton College
Unbranded Badger Brush
GFT Lime Skin Food
Forgot to use any EDT/Cologne

Used the TOBS Eton College from a brand new pot, having previously used up a tube. The scent was different to how I remembered it - this was far more citrusy than I remember, the tube I recall was a bit muskier. (To be fair, I'm rubbish and defining and describing scents).

Has this been reformulated? I only bought the tube in September, but it was in a tiny chemist in St Austell, I guess it could have been old stock. Or is there any reason to suggest the tub and the tube would be somewhat different.

Back
Top Bottom