Hot shower
Proraso pre/post
Mitchell's Wool Fat
40s style Superspeed
Personna Platinum
Alum
Nivea Replenishing ASB
Pinaud Clubman

3 pass DFS. Great little razor this, but i definitely prefer something a bit more aggressive.

Gillette Slim Adjustable on 4 and 2
vintage English Gillette Nacet blade (fifth shave)
Gillette Super Thin stainless blade (third shave)
Trumper's Almond shaving cream
St. James of London mandarin and patchouli aftershave gel

The Nacet managed one pass - just. Definitely a four shave blade for me. And the Super Thin (modern - Thai I think?) that was on the way out. I was going for comfort today anyway.

Saturday:

Merkur 38B
Astra Blue (2)
GFT Sandalwood Cream
Vie Long Horse Hair Brush
GFT Sandalwood Skin Food
GFT Sandalwood Cologne

Trying to use up the Trumpers sample pack, I went for a Sandalwood overload. It starts off OK, but I find it a bit cloying. I prefer the Sandalwood cream to the more 'old man' scent of TOBS Sandalwood, but still probably not one I would buy a full tub or tube of.

To eneville; picture is fine, I envy anyone who can get them in the right spot. Not sure if it's me or the iPhone but half the time I have to retake them because they don't post; or I end up with doubles and a post script.
Best part of this topic are the photos.

First time I've done one of these.

Prep: Hot Bath, Nuage Pre shave oil, hot flannel.
Lather: Crabtree & Evelynn Sienna soap (PIF'd - Thanks "Shipwrecked")
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89ldb (Bought very cheaply off a member - Thanks "Press")
Blade: Astra Platinum (PIF'd with some other sample blades - Thanks Northam Saint)
Brush: Men U Bristle brush.

First shave with a decent razor. The EJ gave a really comfortable, close shave. I dont know if the handle is a bit short for me though. I may prefer something a little longer, although maybe I just need to get usedto it. Time will tell.

I did take a photo of the kit, but I need to work out a better way of resizing the photos for a post. If I attach it, I cant get it to show?

Brush: EJ best badger
Blade: Tiger (2)
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Soap: First time with The Fat!

Got a decent lather first time, and I'm *so* glad I went for the badger brush :)
Smooth shave - for a newbie, with no nicks/cuts/missing flesh!
Did 2 N-S passes and tried ATG for touch up. I've got to remember to ease up on the pressure, though - damn those cartridge razors for giving me bad habits.

Today's strange sensation: Juddering of the razor. Is this angle or lubrication?

After the usual 1=2 minute hot towel prep:

old Marshall Fields 2 band
1955 President/Schick Super Platinum (NOS)
Rivivage SS used as a stick (really nice)
Kramperts Finest Bay Rum AS

Wanted to try this blade in a President/ Aristocrat /Diplomat type razor and the Prez was elected Shaver In Chief this morning. Probably the nicest looking of the later US made Aristo family, although all three shave about the same. One of my favorite fixed head types in the rotation.

The Schick is almost too sharp in this razor, but still fine. I just have to pay a little more attention to detail, but not nearly as much as with a Feather. Nice using a blade like this since it removes the need for any pressure during the shave. Yeah, I'd rank this blade between a Feather and Iridium...right in the middle.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Prez antique 001 (Small).jpg
    Prez antique 001 (Small).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 16
Sunday!!
I'm starting the week off with something different. No not the Razor. Ok it's my last New/Old '04 from last weeks deliveries. Yes over did it...
Razor: '04 Gillette another J code. Best year for them. Guess if you make 3 million one or two have to be good!
Blade: Derby... and it really works well in these razors!
Brush: Muhle Badger
Soap: that sliver of Godrej won't go away. Looks like another 3/4 shaves from it.
Aftershave: Dickinson's Witch Hazel

Great shave. 2 real passes and done. Love those '04's.

MÜHLE R89+Astra :: Semogue caravela :: Comptoir des Savonniers SS :: Weleda ASL :: France de Molinard EdT

P1220783.jpg

Sunday Eve

Merkur 34c with SuperMax stainless
NF 2221 mountain badger
The Real Shaving Co cream
The Real Shaving Co ASB

nice and smooooth

Back
Top Bottom