SOTD w/c Sat 17th - Fri 23rd incl.

Wednesday morning

Feather SS with Pro blade (#4 I believe)
Palmolive stick
Semogue 2011 LE
Sulhwasoo after shave & balm
Amouage Opus III

No photo, nice shave again, finally getting the lather spot on consistently, Mr. Nick visited us again below the chin (these Feathers I tell you are pretty mighty) but other than that all well and steaming ahead possibly for a new era (and I'm not talking about the leadership succession in North Korea...)

Well here is another advanced plan and picture.

eaba7863cd3d30afbb93d31d14e27f351d7e51f4c6ffe2b5b6531f64e9b46d7b6g.jpg

[attachment=4059]

Attachments

• 12-21-2011 to post.jpg
    12-21-2011 to post.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 17
Gillette Old with Feather
TOBS Almond cream
Trumpers West Indian Limes skin food as a pre
Boots Freshwood aftershave balm

Didn't shave yesterday and there was a lot of stubble to be dealt with. As expected this combo did an excellent job. No nicks on the face, neck, ears but a really nasty one on my right hand middle finger. Bled quicker than I could wash it away and alum and styptic didn't help (but hurt like hell).

Wednesday

Feather AC-SS
Feather Proguard Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Penhaligon's English Fern Shaving Soap
Castle Forbes Lime ASB

No blood, even in the old chin cleft, but not staggering close. I need more practise with this razor.

Ian

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Shavemac 24 mm D01
Razor: Hachiken 13/16
Soap: GFT Sandalwood
AS: Dr Harris, Sandalwood
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very close :D

I like this soap, takes much longer than others though, for me.
009800x530.jpg

... and:
012800x689.jpg

Hot Shower
Merkur 38B
Gillette 7 O'Clock (3)
T&H Grafton
Kent BK4
Proraso Healing Gel (unfortunately a careless stroke caused a cut on the chin)
GFT Lime Skin Food
TOBS Jermyn Street Cologne

Decent enough effort, annoyed with myself for being a bit careless on the 2nd pass and nicked my chin.

Continuing my T&H Cream week, it was nice to use the Grafton again. It's been a while and has kind of been relegated in my T&H rotation by my recently found love of Trafalgar. Grafton is a very close 2nd, although it will be interesting to see where WI Limes slides into the 'rankings' once I crack it open on Xmas Day.

Off work now until the New Year so a nice run followed by a leisurely shower and shave today.....

EJDE89
Crystal
Vulfix Mix
Palmolive Cream
Ogallala Bay Rum Splash
Floris Mahon Leather

Great shave....Now the leisure time ends and its a tidy of the house and loading the washing machine....fun while it lasted.
However have got the German Market to look forward to this afternoon, and a few weissbiers!

Wednesday:

Fatboy
Perma-sharp super
'Keith' 2 Band badger
Nanny's Cedarwood & Vetyver hard soap
Crabtree & Evelyn sandalwood edt

The Fatboy from Sir Dodgy's pass-around arrived yesterday, so I took it on its first outing this morning. Good results from 2 passes and some touchups, but no immediate 'wow' factor. It will be interesting to see how things progress with further use.

xmassotd.jpg

Re: RE: SOTD w/c Sat 17th - Fri 23rd incl.

This morning:

Imperial Leather bath soap
Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (2)
Trumper's Limes soap
New Forest Tubby
Trumper's Limes skin food

Extraordinarily nice. Very close and completely comfortable in two passes plus minor throat touchup.

Thomas.W.Ward & Co 6/8 Near Wedge
Gentlemen's Tonic Super Badger
Truefitt & Hill 1805 Cream
Nannys Vanilla Coconut Post Shave Hydration
Nivea Intensive Moisterising Cream.

The Shave: This razors going back on the hones I was expecting better:(

The after party.... Beretta Silver Pigeon 3, Lyalvale 32gm 6's = half a dozen pigeons:D

Wednesday morning

Hot shower
Proraso Pre/post
MWF - absolutely love this stuff, I'd heard mixed things about it but I've had nothing but fantastic lather from it.
Merkur Futur @3
Feather blade
Alum
Pinaud Vanilla

Perfectly decent shave this morning. However I think I've fallen out of love with the Futur. I've been using a 39c for the past few weeks and just prefer it to the Futur. Might have to let it go...and replace it with something else! :)

Back
Top Bottom