SOTD w/c Sat 17th - Fri 23rd incl.

Wednesday

6/8 Unbranded Shoulderless
Vie Long Horse/Badger Mix
Culmak Soap
Alum
Aquatonic AS
vzh8gy.jpg

A beautiful shave, the Culmak soap never ceases to impress me.

Thursday

Hot bath
Proraso pre/post
Palmolive cream
Merkur Futur @ 3
Feather
Alum
Pinaud Vanilla

DFS, just went for a two pass quickie this morning, smooth enough.

TOBS Almond cream
Schick injector with Krona blade
Trumpers lime skin food
Boots freshwood balm

Decent shave. The feather from yesterday is blunt (one shave of 2 day's growth) and so was the modern Personna in the Blue Twist.

Thursday

Merkur 37C
Gillette Platinum (Swede) Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap (inspired by Dr. Rick)
L'Occitane Cade asb

Went for a full 3 pass BBS and was not disappointed.

Ian

Thursday 22nd December

New Merkur 33c...first run this morning

Finest Badger

Sukari Handmade shaving soap

Gillette Yellow Sharpedge

Face lathered first provisional soaping ...the lather rubbed into the skin with my finger tips....followed by the first lathering "proper " as it were...super luxury lather with our softish water....

First pass WTG...very smooth feel to the razor head...easy to see the correct angle with this razor....removed 50% of the whiskers with no effort whatsoever..

Rinse off and re-soap..and shave XTG...again very smooth...if I was in a rush that could have been an acceptable finish...but Its a new toy,so lets go the usual three pass shave...

Rinse off and re-soap....I just love the scent of this soap...it works well bowl lathered and whips to a very rich cream..but I think I prefer it applied directly to my whiskers...ATG pass......BBS smooth...and Finally a splash of Sunbury Boy Bay Rum....Magic

This is a great little razor...and I mean little...I was suprised how small it was when I opened the parcel,its not much bigger than a Tech...but it feels more substantial...and has more bite...feels just about right for me....
Looking at it, the head appears to be the same as my 38c Barbers pole...but the shave feels far less aggressive..I'll compare them side by side later...the metal finishing under the chrome is certainly better than my other Merkurs too, almost flawless...Maybe Merkur have been taking note...

I've come to prefer razors that are in three piece's...I like the fact that they're very easy to give a thorough clean.... a soft nail brush especially for cleaning razors, gives them a gentle scrub after every shave......all nice and shiny for the next time.

So there we are.........Very Happy Super Smooth Bunny:icon_razz:

PS...I've just compared the heads of the 33c and 38c Barberpole together..and without checking with the Verniers I would say they were identical....But the 33c is definitely, for me at any rate the smoother milder razor....is it the weight? is it the shorter handle...or is it that you can see what the head is doing better?....Who knows....

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Custom horn handle w Simpson silvertip knot
Razor: The Three Crosses
Cream: Al's Bomb Custom w clay
AS: Aqua Velva by Williams
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

006800x586.jpg

... and:
012800x770.jpg

Thursday morning 'celebrate the soft' shave

Almost a fortnight away from the lovely soft South Devon water. After the atrocious water of Bedford and hard-ish water of Sheffield how I've missed it!

Anyway:

Gillette Parat
Gillette Bleue Extra (3)
Simpson PJ 2 band
Proraso menthol
Woodhead scuttle
Witch hazel
Trumper lime skin food

Lovely shave. The PJ lathers up a treat and the Parat shaves as excellently as it's reputation suggests.

Good stuff!

Think i will have a go, but i wont be doing this everyday far too busy :icon_wink:

DSC02008.jpg

DSC02010.jpg

Start with hot towel then some conditioner and leave it for 2 whilst im doing my lather then rinse off,Shark blade on 3rd shave slim on 7 and 3 passes bbs and happy :icon_smile:.

This noontime:

Imperial Leather soap
Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (3)
L'Occitane Cade soap
New Forest Tubby 2

Bought the L'Occitane on Ian's recommendation. Strong, spicy, smell that I'd struggle to describe but enjoy, and performed well. Another very close hugely comfortable shave, enough so that with no immediate plans to venture out I felt in no need of balm. Lovely.

Back
Top Bottom