SOTD w/c Sat 17th - Fri 23rd incl.

Friday morning

Feather SS w/ Pro (#4 or #5, can't remember now...)
Semogue 2011 LE boar 2
Palmolive
Sulwhasoo 'Skin' and 'Lotion' (i.e. after shave and after shave balm)
Tom Ford White Suede

photo-27.jpg

One pass, nice and smooth.

photo-29.jpg

Hot Shower
Merkur 38B
Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (4)
T&H 1805 Cream
Kent BK4
GFT Lime Skin Food
T&H Grafton Cologne

Shouldn't have pushed the blade to a 4th shave really, but I was running late again, so just got on with it. Not a bad effort in the end, but felt a bit tuggy in places and needed a few touch ups after the first two passes to finish off. New blade tomorrow, which I'll probably only take to 2 shaves as I want a new blade (probably a Feather) for my Xmas shave.

Gillette Fatboy on 5 and 7
1960s or 70s Gillette Platinum blade
Erasmic shaving stick (in a roll on deodorant form)

Erasmic has that old school smell I like and lathered very well. Much easier than the soap in the bowl, which has the same smell. Maybe my lathering's got better...
These Platinum blades are smooth and cut easily but still struggle a bit under the chin and under the right jawline. They never tug at all, just don't quite get close enough. Dialling up to 7 worked but gave slight soreness. I'll start on 7 next time.

Finished with trumpers lime skin food.

Friday

Feather AC-SS
Feather Proguard Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap
Castle Forbes Limes ASB

Good, DFS shave.

Last day at work before Christmas, so off for 5 days. That'll give me chance to get some practice in with the AC.

Ian

Prep: Hot shower and Proraso for head
Brush: Chris craft two band custom
Razors: Puma w Neil Miller horn scales w MOP inlays + GEM Junior
Soap: Provence Santë
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

007800x569.jpg

... and:
009800x727.jpg

Thursday

Suck it and see shave - wasn't at all sure that the blade would support a decent edge. Only one way to find out ...

SOTD221211_TSR.jpg

Semogue 2009 LE brush; Kuroki; Nanny's Exotic soft soap; Givenchy Gentleman aftershave.

That was nice! Don't know that I want to go very far with cleaning the razor up on account of a faint but rather pretty Art Nouveau etch. Those scales put me in mind of tiramisu, or some sort of coffee / custard / chocolate / creamy confection - I miss that :hungrig smiley. Honed on a coticule, by the way ;)

Shopping for fripperies this morning, which meant a mission over the hill to Ilkley. (Glad I took a hat, it's that sort of a day). Called in at Betty's tea rooms for coffee beans, where you get served by delightful young ladies in starched aprons, like something out of Upstairs Downstairs. They'll correct your pronunciation for you too, if you don't watch it.

And thence to the perfumiers for stocking fillers, which went true to form. You'd think they'd have got the hang of me by now, but no. It's hardly my fault that I look like Bill Sykes, after all ... anyway, quarter of an hour later, exit Andy with Christmas greetings ringing in his ears - wallet lighter, small pink carrier bag in hand and a grin on his face. I did very well indeed for free samples this time. :D

Have a fragrant Christmas, gentlemen.

Razor: iKon OSS
Blade: 7 o'clock Indian black
Brush: Chubby 2 - 2 band
Cream: Palmolive

I'm hooked on this razor. Love it love it love it!

Also tried a new method with the Chubby 2 after Speaking to K this morning which worked quite well so i am pleased.

BBS results :)

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Astor 90 anniv.
Razor: Max Sprecher
Soap: MdC
AS/edt: Paco Rabanne, Ultraviolet Man
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean indeed :D

A shave for the books, looong and lazy and very close. Today is our (in Scandinavia) big X-mas day, so I picked some of my nicest gear and I'm now ready for our BIG Christmas dinner :D HAPPY CHRISTMAS ALL!!
006800x5552.jpg

Back
Top Bottom