SOTD: Saturday April 1 - Friday 7 April 2023.

View attachment 103317
April 1st 2023 SOTD

Razor - Tatara Muramasa - 3
Blade - Brazilian Wilkinson Sword
Soap - Castle Forbes's - Lime - Sample
Brush - Boti badger, silvertip
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - Taylor of Old Bond St - Number 74 Victorian lime

A lovely smooth shave was had with this razor and blade Combo, the razor is perfectly balanced and the build quality is top notch!
The soap sample and blade were kindly given to me by @Mike Smart , cheers Mike, a lovely soap and blade.
Perfectly smooth skin and smelling great!
Have a great weekend chaps,

Until the next time,

Paul.View attachment 103318
Didn't realise you have a Muramasa.
Is it as good as @Boycie83 makes it to be? ;)
I think I know the answer.....

Lovely! I'd say I don't like TTO razors. I sold all mine off and subsequently bought a Rocket and Rocket HD back in, but they weren't all that and now they just kinda sit there. The Ranger has a certain je ne sait quoi. I've really clicked with it ... not that I'd want to use it all the time, but I do enjoy doing so when I do and don't get left feeling wanting.

Good to hear you are getting on well with the Ranger Tech.

By some coincidence, the other two TTO's you own, Rocket & Rocket HD, are the only two TTO's I have in my collection, I find them a touch more aggressive than I expected!

0CE1B713-0EC0-402E-9190-2CC0AC99D82C.jpeg
SOTD: 01/04/2023

Razor: Occam’s Razor and Occam’s Oren
Blade: Feather Pro, 4th use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C White Star Southern Comfort Puck
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: Lattafa Asad EdC

So I did a little direct comparison today and have to say there almost nothing in it between these two great razors. The head or base plate rather on the original is wider, in that it protrudes under the razor further out and but it seems to make only a marginal difference, in it just requires slightly more effort under the nose. The original is heavier so slightly less nippier round the face, but the result of the shave seems just as close. I’d say after the 3 passes it was a draw, the newer Oren maybe a slight bit closer, but it’s negligible. The biggest difference was the ease of manoeuvrability of the Oren and despite it being so light it still only just felt the ‘better’ shave. I guess I’m still going to be keeping an eye out for the Oren but I’m the mean time I’m very happy with the original. It’s an amazing razor in its own right and just different rather than worse.

SOTD: 2nd April 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Derby Soap Bowl.
Blade: Statum Platinum Chrome. (D2)
Razor: Merkur 37C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut ASL + Splash-On Lotion./ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Another wonderful effortless 2 pass +pickups close comfortable shave with the Merkur 37C.

The Statum PC pairs together with the Merkur 37C wonderfully.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 20230402
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Dark Horn
Brush: Simpson M7 Manchurian Badger
Soap: Kepkinh Artemis
Razor: Wolfman WR1 0.94 SB TI WRH4
Blade: Gillette Nacet
AS: Kepkinh Artemis

SOTD_20230402.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

02/04/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - DS Cosmetics synth
Soap - OSP Orange and Patchouli
Razor - Blackland Tradere
Blade - Brazillian Gillette Platinum
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - OSP Orange and Patchouli
Wk 14 (2).JPG
A very nice Sunday morning shave with the Tradere and Brazilian Gillette pairing, only made possible through the efforts of @Mike Smart to reduce the blade stocks of the South American country. The blade itself feels really smooth from the off in the Large Blackland, a great match.
A wonderful lather as usual from the OSP soap, this Synth brush whips up copious amounts of lather from very little loading. I do not soak synth brushes, just a 10-15mm tip dip a shake out load then dip and work on the face. Works for me.
The matching post shave routine setting me up for the day, I am clean, fresh, comfortable and BBS.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Sun 2nd April

RR 400.SE Plissoft noir
Vitos Super Red
Claymore Evolution
Feather Proguard ( 2 )
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

What a nice Sunday morning Shave, a Razor/Blade combo that works for me and a spot on Lather from the Vitos. Now time for chores, a brunch and Shower, before heading off for MRI scan in the afternoon.

7F669D62-D84C-4FA5-8364-8EF540B1FFC6.jpeg

T6EeTmn.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Westman Utopia
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (12)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Alt Innsbruck Aftershave Lotion

SOTD 02-Apr
20230402_104807.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Eyespot' V18
Soap: GN Ernest
Razor: Dovo Best 6/8

Decided to jump to one of my first straights I picked up (nothing fancy but does the job), actual edge put on by Fergiebilly. This was after I mistakenly thought 'shave ready' by this particular site actually meant shave ready...eesh that was a fun shave that I still remember vividly! As this one has seen limited use after an actual edge was put on it's still as keen as ever...good shave with an excellent finish.

Thoroughly enjoying the return to straights, though I'll be back on the normal rotation for the work week. Have neither the time nor the cognitive ability to do it properly during the week without taking my ear off!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom