SOTD: Saturday April 1 - Friday 7 April 2023.

ydSBmIn.jpg

Schick Krona
Personna
Germany blade (#1)
YaQi Mew Brown brush
Stirling Glacial Citron soap
Men's Choice Brisk AS

(y)

Kicking off @donnie_arko's Artisinal April ...

AMWts8Co0art3CccUAwOG_kb_uW72g4QJM8Q_l-u9VXtTv-Ugr78qzV3x-_qwSEYGSy0IZHRbWHQAEG0yc1H8U_DLh4v8FM00mi2dvv3NULiAmhqwqYqsycqHM6LyXoZEhCqGJKNAJOZ6t0NK21xoTeJ4PIDlg=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Dalit Sandawood Shaving Bowl & Haryali Rosewood w/Pure Bristle 22mm
Gillette Ranger Tech & Wilkinson Sword (Brazil) Super Stainless
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave Lotion

I think it was @Scorpio93 that posted about this Dalit soap and despite knowing that it wasn't going to be the greatest soap, I thought it was a cause thath I would like to donate to ... and bag a soap as well. It turned out to be okay. While the lather is thin, it is sufficient for a pass. I split the soap in half and blended one half with Vitos Supercreama, largely because I found the sandalwood scent so authentic and quite unique amongst sandalwood scented soaps that I had. I kept the other half as was ... and that is what I used today.

You can read about the Dalit charity here: https://www.dalit.co.uk/soaps/

Handmade, yes. Artisinal? Well, I thought it enough to kick off a month with artisinal soaps ... and take a moment to think about these people when my only anguish of the day is which sodding shaving soap I'm going to pick.

Much thanks to Smart Imports (Brazil) @Mike Smart for the Wilkinson Sword blades. Chuffing lovely! Right up my street, these. Versus the German-made, they're not as sharp, not as fierce, just as capable and somewhat more comfortable & forgiving. In many respects, actually quite a lot like the late production British Wilkinson Sword ... which the German-made are absolutely nothing like.

Super to use the Gillette Ranger Tech again. I still don't quite know what it is that I like about it, but it really does feel nicer than the Rockets that I still have and the Super Speeds that I let go ... and to think, I only bought it for the collection with little interest in it as a shaver. It was only really by chance that I popped a blade into it and had a go.

Kicking off @donnie_arko's Artisinal April ...

AMWts8Co0art3CccUAwOG_kb_uW72g4QJM8Q_l-u9VXtTv-Ugr78qzV3x-_qwSEYGSy0IZHRbWHQAEG0yc1H8U_DLh4v8FM00mi2dvv3NULiAmhqwqYqsycqHM6LyXoZEhCqGJKNAJOZ6t0NK21xoTeJ4PIDlg=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Dalit Sandawood Shaving Bowl & Haryali Rosewood w/Pure Bristle 22mm
Gillette Ranger Tech & Wilkinson Sword (Brazil) Super Stainless
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave Lotion

I think it was @Scorpio93 that posted about this Dalit soap and despite knowing that it wasn't going to be the greatest soap, I thought it was a cause thath I would like to donate to ... and bag a soap as well. It turned out to be okay. While the lather is thin, it is sufficient for a pass. I split the soap in half and blended one half with Vitos Supercreama, largely because I found the sandalwood scent so authentic and quite unique amongst sandalwood scented soaps that I had. I kept the other half as was ... and that is what I used today.

You can read about the Dalit charity here: https://www.dalit.co.uk/soaps/

Handmade, yes. Artisinal? Well, I thought it enough to kick off a month with artisinal soaps ... and take a moment to think about these people when my only anguish of the day is which sodding shaving soap I'm going to pick.

Much thanks to Smart Imports (Brazil) @Mike Smart for the Wilkinson Sword blades. Chuffing lovely! Right up my street, these. Versus the German-made, they're not as sharp, not as fierce, just as capable and somewhat more comfortable & forgiving. In many respects, actually quite a lot like the late production British Wilkinson Sword ... which the German-made are absolutely nothing like.

Super to use the Gillette Ranger Tech again. I still don't quite know what it is that I like about it, but it really does feel nicer than the Rockets that I still have and the Super Speeds that I let go ... and to think, I only bought it for the collection with little interest in it as a shaver. It was only really by chance that I popped a blade into it and had a go.

Paul, the Braz Wilko gets sharper for the second shave.

Fantastic blade though.

How are you finding the Ranger Tech?

Lovely! I'd say I don't like TTO razors. I sold all mine off and subsequently bought a Rocket and Rocket HD back in, but they weren't all that and now they just kinda sit there. The Ranger has a certain je ne sait quoi. I've really clicked with it ... not that I'd want to use it all the time, but I do enjoy doing so when I do and don't get left feeling wanting.

Back
Top Bottom