SOTD : Saturday 9th April - Friday 15th April 2022.

Afternoon all,

Another lovely day and another lovely shave!

Prep, hot water and flannel
Brush, Boti Blue
Razor, Blackland Blackbird (not the brass / black)
Blade, Supermax Diamond Edge (1st use)
Cream, Simpsons Unscented
ASB, Zingari Unscented
Music, Luke Bryan

Not missing the Ambassador, honest! Cream lathered up very easily, nice and thick and creamy. As mentioned in previous posts, inoffensive mild smell, think Nivea Creme / Body Lotion. Usual 3 grain pass. I think i had an acceptable closeness with the 1st pass and could have left it there. But i enjoy the 3 grain passes and taking my time.

Very smooth and efficient for all 3 passes. No issues whatsoever and no irritation. Extremely happy with the shave. If i'm honest i think that's likely to be me for razors now. And probably brushes as well. Obviously you can never say never, and no doubt there will be the odd thing that tempts me. And there are always new soaps / creams to try. I think i'm pretty much there.

My apologies to The Emporium!

Have a good Bank Holiday Weekend all.....

Best,

Ben

3460694F-FF2F-4557-8DF2-B607D4B83AB8.jpeg
Pre: Hot shower, 50% Aleppo
Brush: ΑΛΦΑ Outlaw SHD 2-Band
Soap: B&M Baudelaire
Razor: Micromatic Bullet-tip
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE-coated (3)

Shave: I have been polishing the Bullet-tip with my newly acquired Dremel, slowly but surely making my way down to the brass. The head has had most attention so far, and is performing smoothly. Today I went for an ATG first pass. It was comfortable, but still followed it up with another ATG pass, with a touch-up along the neck.

For vintage GEM razors, I definitely prefer the more aggressive models - the Bullet-tip and Shovel-head are my favourite two. Can't get a comfortable shave with an MMOC, and yet to try a Clog Pruf.

The Baudelaire is an older B&M formulation, as far as I know, but it is hands down my best performer at the moment. LOVE the scent, too.

Razor = Karve CB Aluminium ( D )
Blade = Dorco Titan ( 3 )
Brush = The Atomic Rocket 26mm By PAA
Cream = La Toja with matching Aftershave
Balm = Arko Aftershave

FCE5D3FB-7A5F-4DE2-BCDB-65F5E9B24D1F.jpegAnotherBrilliant shave with the Christopher Bradley
It’s fast becoming a firm favourite.
Like the Rockwell 6s every blade i try seems to be class.
A really too drawer shave with a cream that’s cheap as chips.
To be fair the balm didn’t go at all.
i actually don’t understand this balm if it is a balm i don’t know.
It’s Called Arko Aftershave & no where does it say balm.
I Do have the Arko balm that goes with the Cool set or Blue set but this one is different with a far stronger scent so i don’t know what this is but i like it a lot.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe People

Fri 15th April

Cyril Salter.MS ED2BAND
Arran Aromatics Bay Citra
Occams Oren 3dot
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 8 )
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

Almost without thinking I have embarked on a policy of using soaps I have not used for a while. Confirms to me that there should be no more purchases , until existing stocks are depleted.Anyway, have to say that this soap is another one that needs to be used more.
Not a bad Shave today considering that the blade has had 8/outings.

C0CCF7D2-9E16-4010-89E9-06F5CB0201FC.jpeg

Friday AM 2022-04-15
On this date in 1931, Plennie Wingo began the first backwards walk across America, from Santa Monica, CA, and eventually to Istanbul, Turkey
aWDK0DW.jpg

Rooney Beehive Ivory Finest (24/50)
Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge shaving soap
Paradigm Diamondback 2020
Wizamet Iridium Super (5)
Caldey Abbey aftershave
Z2p5CI9.jpg

Friday 15th April

AM-JKLUmCknlj1ol49PnP2fvaKrDQXLxxfCHQ54D_cr7MwuEpDR1_9aJ4HXeo7MnoyjpVyUm1kYa4n_HEdDIhNbNFVSin09Mqe2WwmbGUOpMGFy1rPVfsf8sNtlJTt9DhClzXPiL82rC9fWSOrFIYGfIUEcgxg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Shibden Woods Shaving Bowl
Razorock 400 Butterscotch w/HJM Professional Boar 25mm
Gillette Fusion hypebeast & Gillette Fusion Cartridge (5)
Eden Classics Mandate Aftershave & EDT

Punk when punk was great. It also has Nick Cave, my new favorite artist. I have recently downloaded 3 of his albums and l thought they were all great. (y).
Ps when he sung with kylie I did not like it. Kylie was always going to be for me. :LOL:(y)

Last edited:
Punk when punk was great. It also has Nick Cave, my new favorite artist. I have recently downloaded 3 of his albums and l thought they were all great. (y)
I like Nick Cave a lot, but for me the star of this band (and The Birthday Party) was Roland S Howard. Do check out the often overlooked Crime and the City Solution. Roland was with them circa 1985-1986 and for my money, that was their best period.

Also check out Richard Lowenstein's 'Dogs in Space' film, which is set right in the middle of that era Melbourne Punk scene. Michael Hutchence stars.

0FDDB0C6-142D-4BDA-B511-533E605F5332.jpeg
SOTD: 15/04/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3A
Blade: Schick Proline P-30, 10th use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Proraso Green Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A great quick shave after a few days away. Needed a quick and refreshing soap and Proraso green is that in spades!
Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Back
Top Bottom