SOTD : Saturday 9th April - Friday 15th April 2022.

It’s nearly that price in Norway just now lol it won’t be long

Don't I know about it. I worked Hydro and Stat for quite some years. Going back 20 years or so I remember a night out in Bodo as being a mortgage figure. £15 plus a pint then.

But I did get to have a dance with a lady who played for the Norwegian volleyball team. I'm 6ft 3. Strange dancing with a lady some 4 inches taller than me. As someone said, invasion of the big bastards

C6SVMLZ.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney Polo 2 Super Badger
Cream: Geo. F. Trumper Sandalwood
Razor: Above The Tie S1 / UFO Tornado
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword 'Light Brigade' (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, D.R. Harris Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Geo. F. Trumper Sandalwood Cologne

Very nice shave. Geo. F. Trumper creams are always great performers. A really nice Sandalwood scent in both cream and cologne.
I was thinking that it may be a little too similar to their Spanish Leather scent, but it is quite distinct.
A very fresh opening with citrus and herbs, bringing the thought of a fougère to mind. But always some creamy sandalwood in the background. It evolves slowly over time, and avoids being overly sweet.
Some florals emerge, and the final dry down is beautiful, reminding me of Chanel Egoiste, with creamy sandalwood to the fore.

Don't I know about it. I worked Hydro and Stat for quite some years. Going back 20 years or so I remember a night out in Bodo as being a mortgage figure. £15 plus a pint then.

But I did get to have a dance with a lady who played for the Norwegian volleyball team. I'm 6ft 3. Strange dancing with a lady some 4 inches taller than me. As someone said, invasion of the big bastards
Did she have an adam’s apple ;)

Razor = Ikon B1 Oss
Blade Astra Sp. ( 2 )
Brush = Simpsons T3
Soap = Dr Harris & Co Lavender Shave Stick
Splash = Myrsol Don Miguel
Balm = Nivea Daily Moisturiser
59BB7F16-9F47-493D-8299-06410B142954.jpeg
Another first for me with the Dr Harris and definitely a great soap,
Can’t fault it at all.
Not a strong scent but the lavender scent was just right,
It makes me wonder why i buy so many soaps from abroad but i probably haven’t tried half of what’s in my own country.
The Scent of the aftershave didn’t really go with the soap but as most of you know i’m away from home & have to make do
saying that i often do that back home anyway.
A wonderful 3 pass shave with the Ikon
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe

Evening all,

Prep, hot water and flannel
Brush, Boti Blue
Razor, Rex Ambassador (settings, 5-3.5-2
Blade, Supermax Diamond Edge (2nd use)
Cream, Simpsons Caffe Latte
ASB, Zingari Merchant
Music, Del Amitri

Well, what can i say. The cream seemed to lather up better than the other Simpsons offerings. Admittedly this could be because I got the action right and used exactly the right amount of water. Or got lucky with a very idiot friendly tin of cream. I'm certainly not complaining. A very thick and creamy lather that went on great. On the scent, in the tin its a little bit off and i'm a fan of coffee! But don't let that put you off, in the bowl and on the face its nice, not as distinctive as in the tin. I'd suggest the benefits of the creams performance outweigh the slight negative of the smell in the tin. And i've smelt worse creams / soaps.

My usual 3 grain pass using the settings above. Nice and easy removal of the material. No nicks / cuts / irritation at all. Very very happy with the results indeed. Now, the downside, time to put the Ambassador away and rotate to another. Why, you ask. I have a number of other lovely and capable razors to use and enjoy.

Have a good evening and Bank Holiday weekend.

Best,

Ben

Thursday AM 2022-04-14
The first American detective story, Edgar Allan Poe's 'The Murders in the Rue Morgue,' was published on this date in 1841
TGrO7Hz.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/45)
XPEC Original shaving cream (vintage Forester Milan version)
Carbon Adamas
Wizamet Iridium Super (4)
Aramis Tuscany aftershave

A wonderful dark fougère shave. The lather couldn't have been better, the razor and blade were very smooth, and the aftershave - a longtime favorite - was very rich and soothing.
8P6uVEA.jpg

AA9020C9-6010-4CA1-A53B-8DDA4A81A9CC.jpeg
SOTD: 14/04/2022

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Sputnik Blade, 4th use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Signature Hibernia Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Second use of the Signature soaps Hibernia and I’m not sure if it’s the sea air but it’s even stronger and longer lasting than the first use. Lathered with ease as usual even as I’m face lathering while I’m away in the caravan. I wish I’d got some from @BrianH earlier. Payday is next week so hopefully I can grab some matching splashes and soap.
All the best guys!

And the theme was 'Resignation'

20220414_184602.jpg

Go go go - Stainless Colonial General
Out out out - Feather Super Professional
Boo boo boo - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Vamos vamos mi amor - Captain Fawcett's scarpicchio

Happy birthday to me. It wasn't my birthday - Goutal Eau De Monsieur

'That man Satanfriendly? Despicable'

Firstly chaps I think I should apologise emphatically over my misleading statement that yesterday was my birthday. Mmmmm, bumble bumble bumble, I never actually said it was my birthday and you misread my, mumble, words, but I can understand how you may have, may have arrived at the conclusion....(stick some more waffle in here).

I categorically state though that at no time was it the anniversary of the day I arrived here. Not here on TSR, I meant in to this world. Not meaning I am an alien, I mean born in to this world. That's it, born.

However since it appears I may have mislead you I apologise profoundly and under the governing rules of TSR I hereby offer my resignation. I don't actually mean I am going to resign as I was planning quite a few more years of annoyance to this audience, but more I offer to. If the vote of confidence goes against my better will that is. Which it won't. As there won't be a vote. And in which case I retract my original apology. I am after all a king............of Japanese girly bands apparently.

Did I shave this evening or just simply take a photo and make an SOTD entry by waffling irrelevant garbage? Indeed I did. Shave that was as the other is very evident.

The General V1 really is a God of razors to my pathetically small mind and in my narrow vision of the shaving world. It just never goes wrong. I can throw the General around at warp speed and no fear of disappearing down the path of shaving disasters. Which I am more than happy to say, yet another evening of sharp steel meets skin with zero collateral. Perfection and happy bunnyism.

And what a brush and what a soap, just to make sure team lather does get a mention. The Goutal being a wonderful match to the Scapicchio to finish off this evening's tales from the sink and to give team scent some press. A sophisticated Eau de Sauvage.

Damn it is Easter after all and a great start by having a party of happy bunnies at this end. Long live the bunnies.

And like every other Easter for the past God knows how many years, it just has to be those two ex Ladybaby girls, 'The idol formerly known as Ladybaby' with their cheesy, but addictive 'Easter Bunny' song..............

And I love you all

View attachment 86887
SOTD: 14/04/2022

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Sputnik Blade, 4th use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Signature Hibernia Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Second use of the Signature soaps Hibernia and I’m not sure if it’s the sea air but it’s even stronger and longer lasting than the first use. Lathered with ease as usual even as I’m face lathering while I’m away in the caravan. I wish I’d got some from @BrianH earlier. Payday is next week so hopefully I can grab some matching splashes and soap.
All the best guys!
Thank you. Sea air certainly opens up our senses. Apart from my shaving soap of course, there’s nothing better than fish and chips at the coast. Have a great stay. Best Regards Brian

Fri 15 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Seville
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor Gillette Slim N4
Blade Gillette London Bridge 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M Seville Splash
Quite simply....a beautiful soap! Beautiful scent and beautifully rich creamy and very slick lather...whip-up easily with the excellent brush...
This vintage razor paired with the blade is so well made long ago and simply gives excellent and satisfactory shaves. Today's 3passes were so easy, smooth, and efficient for a bbs finish without any issues. The matching aftershave was awesome...love the scent...
20220415_125452.jpg

15/04/22
Pre - Cold water face wash with Pears TO
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - Signature Soap Coria
Razor - Blackland Brass-bird
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin
Wk 15 (7).JPG
A very nice early morning shave today with the Brass-bird/Nacet combo. 5 and out for this blade even though its is still smooth.
A fantastic face lather from my favourite of the Signature soap scents "Coria" giving me plenty of floral scented slick, cushioning lather.
2 Passes XTG and then a mixed targeted pass to pick up any stragglers.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Back
Top Bottom