SOTD : Saturday 9th April - Friday 15th April 2022.

SOTD : 9th April 2022.

21.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra-Calming Liquid Shaving Cream.
Blade: Chinese Gillette Super Blue.(D1)
Razor: Merkur 37c.

Cold water Face Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men 2 Phase ASL+Replenishing PSB.

Milton lloyd Essentials No.10 EdP.

Greetings,

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...Maiden shave with the Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra-Calming Liquid Shaving Cream, which I've had for a while and finally got round to trying it out...The verdict?...This is a thirsty shaving cream which can take a lot of water with no fear of it losing it's density...Using three dollops from the pump it lathered up wonderfully providing me with a slick protective lather for the full shave which didn't dry out on my face in between each pass leaving a good post shave feel. All in all a great non-expensive high street available shave cream which i look forward to using it again in future shaves.

The Chinese Gillette Super Blue are comfortable smooth, & sharp which paired together with the Merkur 37c superbly.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups close shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton lloyd Essentials No.10 EdP to the chest & pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Saturday 9th April
Pal Deluxe Injectomatic - Personna Stainless Coated #1 - Yaqi Robin - Erasmic - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Aloe Vera Gel
5GRmdn9.jpg

Sat 9 SOTD
Soap Lothur Dave
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Super Adjustable U-1
Blade Gillette Winner Platinum 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Lothur Dave Splash
This is an amazing soap. Not easy to lather but the result is really really good! Needs plenty of water...becoming a richly creamy and very slick lather...look at the sheen...wow! The scent is however too light for me...
Another great shave with this razor paired with the excellent blade. Easy, super smooth, and crisp in 3passes at max setting 9 for a bbs finish with some micro red spots...bummer! The aftershaves were good too.
20220409_102639.jpg

277902822_700356701285844_7522881723809448507_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Executive Shaving Bay Rum cream
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (3)

I'm still surprised by how much I enjoy Bay Rum. It would never have occurred to me to use it before joining this site. Flawless shave and the dab of Baxters was a welcome finish.

09/04/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Commodore X1
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Stirling Spice
Razor - Blackland Brass-Bird
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Proraso Red
P4090003.JPG
Not a lot to go at as an earlier than normal shave.
Mrs TC was up early as this is her weekend in, we had an early breakfast and i got an early shave.
Straight in with an ATG pass finishing with some targeted XTG strokes leaving me BBS and very comfortable.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

SOTD 09-Apr
20220408_172606-01.jpeg
Brush: Eek none
Soap: Ish...VR Spicebomb Non-Foaming Cream
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: GSB (2)

It is with some nervousness I embarked on this experiment. Wanted to get some spicebomb EDT, smelt it years ago and loved it. Then saw there was a pack with Cream and Balm that was the same price so thought why not.

After some thorough prep I opened the cream and started throwing it on my face. The smell was great and it was easy to apply. After a decent coating, perhaps a little too much, I took the razor in hand. First pass WTG, expecting horrendous drag, bottom of the pass...it didn't come, decent glide but obviously no cushion so a gentle hand was definitely needed. I did note some clogging and had to loosen the head to clear it out to carry on.

Applied a little less for the XTG with the same effect, decent glide and a gentle hand, and less clogging this time around. Applied the balm, same nice scent but didn't perhaps absorb as quickly as I would like, finished off with the EDT and good to go. No irritation and decently smooth.

Overall pleasantly surprised, don't think they had DE shaving in mind with this cream, or perhaps just not my heavy hand. It'll do the job in a pinch but won't be entering my rotation. @Blademonkey I really do still love this scent, @Digimonkey I may have to give the A&E Revolution a go if it is a take on the same scent.

Hope everyone has a cracking weekend!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom