SOTD : Saturday 8th January-Friday 14th January 2022.

11/01/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Wee Scot
Soap - Arko Stick
Razor - ES Original Claymore
Blade - Feather Pro Blade (8)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Tester G Soap
A/S - Copycat Just Neroli

Wk 02 22 (4).JPG
I had waited a long time to find an Original Scottish made Claymore so was really happy when i picked this one up. It really is a great shaver, very much in the realms of the Mongoose, big and heavy, right up my street.
The Wee scot was the only brush for todays shave really, the Arko stick used crayon style then the lather whipped up on the chin, the little brush works brilliantly this way, very impressed.
Easy BBS without even trying for it, i do like this set up.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Tuesday 11th January
Yaqi Robin - Czech & Speake No.88 - EndGem Speed 3D ••• - GEM Stainless Coated #9 - Cien X-Bolt AS - Aloe Vera Gel
hsWOcRG.jpg

Totally forgot about the C&S No.88 travel soap, gifted in a trade with James @Rohleder.
Lovely shave, very happy!!!

Last edited:
Tue 11th January

The Grosvenor 404mixed
Lea Classic soap
Gem Micromatic original
Gem S/S ( 2 )
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Probably my best ever Shave with this Razor, as I had the angles right when using a clog pruf on my last Shave. Despite having Two days growth the Shave was very comfortable, and with a nice level of blade feel it was mishap free.
Needless to say the closeness of all round finish was exceptional , and there was no After Shave sting.

ACBED5D4-06DE-4131-8CD9-839525849D18.jpeg

Razor = Vintage 1950’s Feather Travel
Blade = Vintage Sheffield Special ( 2 )
Brush = Turn N Shave 26mm Boar Stoat
Soap = Feather Hi Shave Gel
Splash = Myrsol Blue
Balm = A&E Unscented Rice Water
CF589790-95A9-4B25-8FBE-F99F48DF4981.jpegI Haven’t used this Razor in months possibly a year.
The first & last time i paired it with a Feather blade
bad move i know
my face was in bits
i would have gave the elephant man a run for his money :ROFLMAO:
But here goes second use paired with the vintage sheffield special and this turned in to the most delightful shave.
Don’t get me wrong even with a different blade i had to be careful as it had a fair bit of blade feel.
This is by far the most aggressive vintage razor i own.
I have 3 vintage feathers & a few other vintage japanese razors but this is defo a handle with care razor for me.
The Brush is 100% my favourite brush these days,
Nice handle & very comfortable in the hand & lathers extremely well.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe

11/01/2022

Razor: ATT H1
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Brush: PAA Star Wisp
Soap: TOBS Eton College

View attachment 82747

It's been a long time since I shaved with the H1. I forgot what a nice razor it is. I'm rather enjoying the TOBS creams. I'm going to use a couple more before moving on to the next group in rotation.
What’s Your thoughts on the Brush ?
i feel it’s slightly different from the rest,
a slight bit more backbone ?

4DC8E206-0669-4365-8E51-16927FB4DE3C.jpeg

SOTD: 11/01/2022

Razor: Pearl Flexi
Blade: Viking Sword, 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Apricity Soap
Aftershave: A&E Apricity Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm

Back to a smooth sailing shave again, the Pearl produce a very gentle shave for such a big beast of a razor. The brush got my best lather yet from this soap, and if anything created too much if that’s possible, as it loads so easily!
A delightful shave from start to finish!

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Monday 10th January 2022

Shave Score 9.5

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Extro -Vaniglia
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: RR Game changer .84
Blade: Gillette Super Thin(1)
Post Shave ASL: Pinaud - Classic Vanilla
Post Shave Balm: Bart's Balm - Ben More (Bergamot & Vanilla)
Post Shave Cologne/EDT: Penhaligons - Cairo

A great shave as ever with this razor and blade combo :)

Excuse the absense guys and gals, lost me mum in November, and now my sisters in ICU, going to try to get back to some semblance of normality, in my head at least, if I can :)

Have a great day all.

Joe.

View attachment 82673
I’m sorry for your loss and hope your sister is improving and doing better.

And to continue down the road of turnips this evening's shave was so themed 'Turnip Turnip'

20220111_190210.jpg

Turnip razor - Yaqi Excalibur
Turnip of a blade - Proshave S
Turnip brush - Yaqi Dandelion
Turnip soap - Extro Arzachena
Turnip splash - Extro Arzachena

'I fucking hate turnips'

So you announce here on the forum 'These Proshave S blades are bloody shite' and end it at that. Presumably then, they are shite and an avoidable object of non-desirability.

Not quite. What you do is send them to someone who considers you to be friend. In this case, me as the receiver and that twat @Boycie83 and his bloody evil Emporium the originator. So here I am stuck with a full pack of shite blades. Thank you

So might as well give them a whirl. The sacrificial razor being that wonderful little Yaqi Excalibur. A razor which should be as bad as the Proshave blades but as fortune would have it, isn't.

A nice bit of lathering delivered perfectly by the Dandelion and the super Extro. But what a waste.

It took one cheek to realise the Proshave S blade really was........shite. I could have shaved better using a dog turd from a dog eating metal filings.

Simple solution. Dispose of accordingly and swap out for the original Feather Professional. Now this is more chipper and the hard effort of team lather not completely lost. In fact the end result was fabulous and the Excalibur proving itself well worthy despite being probably the cheapest AC SE out there. A highly recommended piece of razormanship.

The day was rescued and turnips really are the future.

As for you @Boycie83 ........

'You are a dirty rotten scoundrel and a pillock'

Juna? An over enthusiastic tub thumper? Not at all. Just loud, proud and talented

SOTD 12-Jan
20220111_150131.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 Manchurian
Soap: Mammoth Santa Noir
Razor: CB Karve (E)
Blade: GSB (1)

Absolutely wonderful shave this morning, loaded the chubby well and got rewarded with a much better lather and it seemed to release a little more freely, still a bit of taming needed but going well.

The E plate has become by go to for this razor, certainly if I only have time for two passes. Gives a good finish in short order with no irritation. Just for entertainment purposes I may have a look at the OC as well, but saying that I've had limited success with OC razors.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom