SOTD : Saturday 8th January-Friday 14th January 2022.

SOTD : 8th January 2022,

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face
Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
Brush: Frank Shaving 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Crema Da Barba.
Blade: Treet Classic. (D1)
Razor: Snmirn Adjustable. (settings) 6-wtg,5-atg,4-pick ups.

Cold water Face Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./La Toja ASL./Cien Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the Weekend.. A wonderful performance from the Snmirn Adjustable....Carrying on with the Treet classic carbon blade which paired together with the Snmirn Adj wonderfully feeling smooth and efficient....My reaquaintance with the Subcontinent blade's has been a pleasant experience.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sat 8 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Malibu
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor Feather AC Clone
Blade Feather ProGuard 12th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi Malibu Splash
Good soap for sure. Thickly creamy and slick lather with a nice sorta barbershop scent.
An enjoyable shave with the razor paired with the well-used blade. 3passes for a mostly bbs result. Good aftershaves!
20220108_101100.jpg

SOTD 08-Jan
20220107_115724.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 Manchurian
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Razor: CG Level 2 (New)
Blade: Astra SP (3)

First trial with the chubby, definitely earns its density reputation, a lot of backbone. Think I'm going to have to learn the difference between scrub and scritch, certainly seemed to be exfoliating. Not quite getting the softness just yet but it's day one, a bit of taming may be in order.

The Astra SP didn't seem to last as long as normal, looks like this one was a two shave blade, definitely rough this time around. Despite that still ended up with an acceptable finish. I may have to add one thing to my 2022 list, the cubebe EDP, I forget how much I love this soap and splash scent, really want to complete the set!

Hope everyone has a grand weekend!

Cheers

Marc

Today's shave:

rdt220108y0klv.jpg

- Noble Otter Monarch
- Simpson "Emperor" 1
- Rex Envoy with King Gillette blade
- Majestät aftershave

A very royal shave! :D

271253759_3318389435054957_489401030050587031_n.jpg
Prep: Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Wars Cream
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Winner (2)

Despite the arrival of @Scorpio93 's PIF package yesterday, I know from previous experience that a new razor is not to be rushed (I'm looking at you Merkur Futur clone and Fine Marvel :eek:.) Who'd a thunk it - me actually learning something and putting it into practice ;) Early start to take the kids swimming was not deemed conducive to trialing the Yaqi Knight's Helmet, so a pleasant all-round middle of the road shave was enjoyed with the Merkur 34. Plenty of days to be like a kid in a sweet shop with all the samples kindly popped in by Si, and days when I'm not leaving the house to have a go with the Yaqi :oops:

Last edited:
Sotd 08/01

Pre shave: paa cube
Soap: Barrister and mann: vespers
Spalsh: Barrister and mann vespers
Balm: Barrister and mann vespers
Alum bloc
Brush: alpha outlaw
Bowl: quintero 3d printed
Razor: karve stainless D plate
Blade: paa strangelet 2nd use

Went for a 3 pass this morning and used the Karve went for Barrister and mann 1st time I have ever used one of their soaps the scent is complex the wife said it smelt spicy really nice though the soap was brilliant it lathered nice and dense deffo a winner the blade was ok paired it with the D plate
20220108_104213.jpg20220108_104240.jpg20220108_104255.jpg20220108_104400.jpg20220108_104457.jpg20220108_104654.jpg20220108_104717.jpg20220108_110519.jpg

C20B0E6A-8744-446A-81E7-DF66C77C04B2.jpeg

TSR Shavemac L.E.
OSP Shaving Station Belgravia Barbershop
Rockwell 6C (3)
Polsilver Łódź (2)
Thayer’s cucumber witch hazel
OSP Shaving Station Belgravia Barbershop a/s

Hello chaps, Happy New Year. Haven’t posted for a while. Been using the OSP/Shaving Station almost exclusively since Christmas. Subtle, refined scent with the usual OSP outstanding performance.

Stay safe, be well and enjoy yours.

Sat 8th January

Omega 11126 boar
Hampshire Wool Fat
ER Streamline
Gem S/S ( 1 )
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

I decided today to start my deferred Vintage /SE rotation. I just had to start with an ER Streamline which is my favourite Gem Blade user. I find that used with a light/ no pressure touch and no rush, it delivers superb Shaves with a close all round finish. Before I discovered AC/SEs this was my special occasion Razor.

C328A40E-C3BB-405B-B6D9-65D38EF22EA1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom