SOTD : Saturday 8th January-Friday 14th January 2022.

Sun 9 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Hypnotic Blue
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P on Yaqi Razzor Rocket handle
Blade Gillette Silver Blue 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi Hypnotic Blue Splash
Very nice soap. Love the scent, love the lather...so creamy and slick!
An excellent shave with the razor and blade pairing! Easy smooth and efficient in 3passes for a bbs result. Aftershaves were great.
20220109_113011.jpg

SOTD : 9th January 2022.

6.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Soap with Mint Extracts.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Wilkinson Sword Classic soap bowl.
Blade: Treet Classic. (D2)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Wilko Men's Moisturiser./blue Stratos EdT.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

A near Wilkinson Sword themed shave...The Inexpensive WS classic is a mild razor which is a good every day/newbie shaver. The two piece design of the razor makes it easy to load the blade, covering the full blade with no exposure of the blade edges, which is brilliant for shaving sensitive area without the risk of getting Cuts & nicks from the blade ends...The Blade gap is considerably smaller than the newer WS premium TTO, but still gives an acceptable presentable shave....The razor/ Treet classic blade combo performed well together.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups close shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of blue Stratos EdT to the chest & pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

This evening's frolicking by the sink brought with it a shave themed 'Around the germ in 80 hours by Phallicus Fogg'

20220108_175900.jpg

Day 1 dismissed my valet for bringing my shaving water below temperature - Colonial General V2
Day 2 sees me enter in to an argument over razor blades from India - Feather Professional
Day 3 stupidly sees me part with £20,000 for a shaving brush - AP Shaving 30mm Cashmere
Day 4 and I am accused of stealing a shaving soap - Abbate Y Mantia Matteo
Day 5 for reasons unknown I purchase an elephant, a guide and a bottle of perfume - Goutal Eau De Monsieur

Yes love, whatever you say. 80 days? Sounds a good deal. Now fuck off

So here I find myself feeling no real difference to Day 1. I only hope watching daytime TV is about as bad as it is going to get. Between that and having to lounge around being forced in to the enjoyable sides of life. Watching daytime TV etc etc etc

Also pleased to say I haven't lost any desire to shave. Despite that feeling of being 'unclean' I still find having a damn good shave brings me more happiness than one could imagine. A refreshing shower followed by the joy of a fine shave and life takes a more positive view. Ain't shaving great?

A very welcome return to the V2 after a little bit of a hiatus and I forgot how stunning this little gem is. Other than an odd razor or two I think I have all the SE's I need to keep me happy for the rest of my life. Nimble, efficient and this baby sees a complete three pass shave in as many minutes. And pretty damn perfect at that.

Takes me longer to get the pre and post out of the way, but I'm worth it. My true worth? About 57p according to Mrs Satanfriendly.

I can look forward to day 4 and more shite television in a very happy bunny kind of way. 57p's worth of grinning bunnies.

Be well you lovely folk and I love you all

Someone else not seen for some time to see this shave out (not as though you'd be too bothered anyway). Why it's those lovely Bridear ladies......

A6E23537-D69B-43C6-BA9C-A073920FCE6E.jpeg

SOTD: 09/01/2022

Razor: Yaqi Telstar
Blade: Astra SP, 3rd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Cologne
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm

Back to the Yaqi Telstar and I found I’ve made a somewhat rookie mistake in not looking at the head of the Telstar! It has a massive blade gap for me hence the aggressive shaves so far! Eyeballing it it’s a bigger gap than my Blackbird and is close to a 5-5.5 on my Pearl Flexi a setting I’ve never been close to using on it! Despite that I gave it another go and rode the cap a bit, and so I had a much more successful shave! Much smoother, close and calm! It will however be heading to the BST pages as I don’t typically enjoy this large a gap, mild to medium for me, but this shave proved to me it’s not my naivety or lack of skill, or the quality of the head itself, (it’s always given a close shave), it’s just too aggressive for me!
The Sunday shave was a success but I’ll be going back to my chilled Hone‘s and Masamune from now on rather than the thrills of the Telstar!

Last edited:
Sunday 9th January
Cadman Custom - Stirling Vanilla Sandalwood - Triceratops 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #8 - Brut Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
GzA0y6M.jpg

SOTD 09-Jan
20220107_150253.jpg
Brush: PAA Switchback Oumo Silk HMW
Soap: D.R. Harris Arlington
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P30

Meant to dig out the super pro's to give them a bash but didn't get the chance, not to worry the proline to the rescue. Excellent shave, smooth and irritation free. Ready for the morning ahead, taking the little one to the climbing wall for a bit of bouldering. Should be entertaining!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Sotd-09-01-22.png
What's the worst that can happen? :eek:

razor - Yaqi - vicious bastard on a stick slant
blade - Treet carbon (1)
brush - Simpson Special best
soap - Vie Long stick (tallow)
post - cold water
a/s - Nivea 2 in 1
scent - Homme de Caron edt.

Further adventures in Treet carbon land. This razor transcends the category aggressive - being better described as violent. It constantly wants to bite but if handled with care provides an astonishingly close shave. Job done but whatever the opposite of a relaxing Sunday shave is - that was it. Efficient but not much fun. The re-branded old formula Lea tallow soap still shines. Cheers all - I.

Back
Top Bottom