SOTD : Saturday 8th January-Friday 14th January 2022.

SOTD 11-Jan
20220110_130015.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Amphora'
Soap: B&M Fougère Angelique
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: GEM PTFE (2)

Nice shave this morning, refreshing B&M pity I can't get hold of the splash but still decent enough Aftershave to go with it. Not sure I'm totally sold on this handle, lovely looking thing and the knot is good but the handle itself is a little small for my hands.

Either which way good finish and ready for the day.

Hope everyone has a good one!

Cheers

Marc

Jan. 10, 2022
PNFZrG1.jpg

Been a few weeks since I used the R41 GT - so had to give it another outing. Funny I say that - got a number of razors that didn't really get used in a good few weeks - maybe even months (Yes I'm looking at you my SS blackbird and Stirling stainless razor... oh and straights)! After last trials of GEM Treet and Gillette silver single ring - I'm out of new razors to try for the moment - time to enjoy what I have (okay unless I'll cave in and grab Vector lol).

Started the shave with ususal - face wash, then applied the proraso green - been a while since I used it but today I felt like having a good menthol kick to wake me up a bit. Still running on small amount of sleep but It should be last stretch of my apprenticeship. Hopefully sleep deprivation will be worth it lol!

Snowblivion whipped up plenty of lather - enough for 4 passes this time. And I kind of did need it... well - as soon as I lathered up the postie came - so had to wash it off quickly and rushed downstairs. Parcel with Sultan Vetiver has arrived for which I was waiting couple of weeks nearly!

Then back to the shave - lathered up again and 2 passes got me a very close DFS. For enjoyment went for third pass too and got that BBS. One small nick where I overstretched the skin on second pass (near the ear) - user error.

Finished off with a nice splash of chaotic neutral aftershave - I must say the scent in AS is definitely better than soap. It's quite funny how in some cases I actually prefer the 'murkiness' that soap adds to the scent, whilst in other I don't.

Micromatic Monday January 10, 2022
Razor: Micromatic
Blade: Gem SS
Brush: Smattayu Sorrentino Clown Puke
Soap: Signature Soaps Hibernia
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Proraso Green Splash
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1160

I have no problem with tallow soaps but this soap is one that will show you you don't NEED tallow and will stand against all the tallow soaps and hold it's own in my book.
View attachment 82678
View attachment 82677
Thank you Dave. All the very best for 2022, Brian

SOTD 11-Jan
View attachment 82716
Brush: C&H 'Amphora'
Soap: B&M Fougère Angelique
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: GEM PTFE (2)

Nice shave this morning, refreshing B&M pity I can't get hold of the splash but still decent enough Aftershave to go with it. Not sure I'm totally sold on this handle, lovely looking thing and the knot is good but the handle itself is a little small for my hands.

Either which way good finish and ready for the day.

Hope everyone has a good one!

Cheers

Marc
GORGEOUS Brush !!

11 January

Wickham 1912 Cashmere
PAA Peregrino
Razorock Game Changer .68-P
Gillette Silver Blue
Bart’s Balm Ben Nevis​

B686F00A-ED02-4886-8901-7CB5CC7898FD.jpeg

After yesterday’s close shave my face was positively glowing all day…with razor burn. Three consecutive days using an AC blade had taken its toll on my baby soft skin. The SE1 was cutting too close, perhaps one to sell on after all.
This morning my skin had calmed down, but, I decided to take it easy with the Razorock Game Changer and GSB, which gives me a just okay but tidy shave, and definitely no irritation. I was going to move this razor on, but I’ve changed my mind.

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Monday 10th January 2022

Shave Score 9.5

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Extro -Vaniglia
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: RR Game changer .84
Blade: Gillette Super Thin(1)
Post Shave ASL: Pinaud - Classic Vanilla
Post Shave Balm: Bart's Balm - Ben More (Bergamot & Vanilla)
Post Shave Cologne/EDT: Penhaligons - Cairo

A great shave as ever with this razor and blade combo :)

Excuse the absense guys and gals, lost me mum in November, and now my sisters in ICU, going to try to get back to some semblance of normality, in my head at least, if I can :)

Have a great day all.

Joe.

View attachment 82673

My condolences.

Back
Top Bottom