Proraso Balm

Tuesday

Omega 102
Real Musgo Amber cream superlathered with Shaver Heaven Sweet Mayer Lemon
Progress
Astra SP (7)
Myrsol Metisol
Hugo Boss Be Different Balm

Much better results with the Astra blade today than the Tatra. The Tatra isn't a terrible blade but they just aren't as smooth as other blades.

And for my last shave (saves having to say last night or giving other unfeasible excuses) the theme was ' Free Mediterranean juniper bush stuff in a Wilkies tub'

IMG_20200210_204838.jpg

Bush cutter - Long handled Brass Hone
Bush trimmer - Feather
Bush brush - Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Bush extract stuffed in a Wilkinson sword tub - L'Occitane Cade soap
Bush aroma - Banana Republic Neroli Woods

Cade I learnt is ' a bushy Mediterranean juniper (Juniperus oxycedrus) whose tarlike oil distilled from the wood is used in the treatment of skin disorders'. I am assuming since @Boycie83 generously sent the Cade soap on to me he was under the presumption I have a skin disorder. I suppose it is better than an assumption I am a hand reared sheep left by my mother.

I have been a long time member of the Cade shaving cream fan club and the soap was always on the list of those 'love to try' in life. But, I believe it was discontinued some time back so became one of those 'unobtanium' items which gives one reason to curse some aspects of life. But thanks to the postman delivering a mysterious package it became rather 'obtainium' and here I am with a tick in a box opportunity.

As I mentioned on a previous SOTD the Cadman is more suited towards harder soaps and it certainly proved a point here. A little blooming and the brush picked up like a Dyson on amphetamines. Took no effort at all to throw up a nice thick luxurious lather with the scent of....the scent of......I presume Juniper. Whatever it is, this is one lovely soap to shave with as these members of the Japanese branch of the Cade fan club found out for themselves. Even if a little in excess

The Hone hits all the right spots and when folk say 'let the weight of the razor do the work' then the Hone doesn't have any issues here. Despite its heavyweight presence it is incredibly easy to control and it is one of those razors which you would be hard pushed to do any damage with. Unless you dropped it that is. The only gripe I have with Hone is their claim 'Designed to age with you'. Bugger that one, so I polish it as much as possible in the hope it might reverse the ageing process. I'd better retire at the end of this year looking younger otherwise I see a lawsuit on the horizon.

Cade soap plus brass Hone and the evening ends with one super duper smooth shave. I really must say thanks to @Boycie83 for this wonderful opportunity and so happy to have the Cade soap in the collection. I am really spoilt for choice. Not only super duper smooth but with the Neroli Woods to complete the show I am heavenly scented and so much so my wife has just keeled over in ecstasy

So happy I have to complete my SOTD with those lovely Japanese ladies Band Maid and their shaving soap song

On a genuine note I must say the generosity, friendship and the generally 'great folk' on this forum are unlike few other forums out there. I am absolutely amazed at all this place has given in more ways than just somewhere to visit and scribble some rubbish. All of you TSR members are first class. And if people tell you otherwise I will happily ask them 'Can you put fires out?'

Last edited:
And for my last shave (saves having to say last night or giving other unfeasible excuses) the theme was ' Free Mediterranean juniper bush stuff in a Wilkies tub'

View attachment 51323

Bush cutter - Long handled Brass Hone
Bush trimmer - Feather
Bush brush - Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Bush extract stuffed in a Wilkinson sword tub - L'Occitane Cade soap
Bush aroma - Banana Republic Neroli Woods

Cade I learnt is ' a bushy Mediterranean juniper (Juniperus oxycedrus) whose tarlike oil distilled from the wood is used in the treatment of skin disorders'. I am assuming since @Boycie83 generously sent the Cade soap on to me he was under the presumption I have a skin disorder. I suppose it is better than an assumption I am a hand reared sheep left by my mother.

I have been a long time member of the L'Occitane Cade shaving cream fan club and the soap was always on the list of those 'love to try' in life, but I believe it was discontinued some time back so became one of those 'unobtanium' items which gives one reason to curse some aspects of life. But thanks to the postman delivering a mysterious package it became rather 'obtainium' and here I am with a tick in a box opportunity.

As I mentioned on a previous SOTD the Cadman is more suited towards harder soaps and it certainly proved a point here. A little blooming and the brush picked up like a Dyson on amphetamines. Took no effort at all to throw up a nice thick luxurious lather with the scent of....the scent of......I presume Juniper. Whatever it is, this is one lovely soap to shave with as these members of the Japanese branch of the Cade fan club found out for themselves. Even if a little in excess

The Hone hits all the right spots and when folk say 'let the weight of the razor do the work' then the Hone doesn't have any issues here. Despite its heavyweight presence it is incredibly easy to control and it is one of those razors which you would be hard pushed to do any damage with. Unless you dropped it that is. The only gripe I have with Hone is their claim 'Designed to age with you'. Bugger that one, so I polish it as much as possible in the hope it might reverse the ageing process. I'd better retire at the end of this year looking younger otherwise I see a lawsuit on the horizon.

Cade soap plus brass Hone and the evening ends with one super duper smooth shave. I really must say thanks to @Boycie83 for this wonderful opportunity and so happy to have the Cade soap in the collection. I am really spoilt for choice. Not only super duper smooth but with the Neroli Woods to complete the show I am heavenly scented and so much so my wife has just keeled over in ecstasy

So happy I have to complete my SOTD with those lovely Japanese ladies Band Maid and their shaving soap song

On a genuine note I must say the generosity, friendship and the generally 'great folk' on this forum are unlike few other forums out there. I am absolutely amazed at all this place has given in more ways than just somewhere to visit and scribble some rubbish. All of you TSR members are first class. And if people tell you otherwise I will happily ask them 'Can you put fires out?'

Well Said! There are some really amazing people here for sure, including yourself Chris, a real sense of community here that you don't find many other places, especially online.

nU2T4vQ.jpg

Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Paladin Sumo Lapis
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus

Pre-shave: Cold Derbyshire Tap Water, Proraso Green Pre Shave Cream
Brush: Razorock Bruce Synthetic
Cream: Body Shop Maca Root
Razor: Merkur Progress. Set to 2.5, then 1 for the touching up
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (1)
Post/After-shave: Shower, Cold Water Splash, Trumpers Eucris Skin Food.

Trying out the Trumpers Skin Food which I received as a sampler, I love the scent but SWMBO hates it. Really impressive calming properties but moisturising is really poor and face feeling a bit dry 1 hour later. Could be the soap though, not the best post shave feel from the Maca Root.

12 February

Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
MÜHLE Rocca Silvertip Fibre
MÜHLE Rocca R96 v3
Gillette Silver Blue
Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica asl

6DBD9330-982B-4724-896E-0BE2A767275D.jpeg

The MÜHLE Rocca may not be a favourite razor but with a GSB and a good lather it is capable of a cracking shave. Two smooth passes and a very close result. Probably a good thing it didn't sell on BST recently. Providence.

Wed 12th Feb.

Simpson Chubby 1 / Maggards 2band
Williams Mug Soap
ER 1914
Gem S/S [ 3 ]
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

There is not a lot to say after a Shave with a 1914, would be extremely difficult not to have a good one. I did try by getting the Lather rather on the thin side, but that did not seem to matter as the trouble free Shave yielded a rather
ultra close finish. I can understand why people prefer the 1914 to the 1924, as the 1924 is a bit more of a handful to master.

IMG_0511.jpg

Back
Top Bottom