SOTD : Saturday 8 th - Friday 14th |February 2020

Well the flu is still raging away but today's shave brought some respite. I have been enjoying the Colonial General SS SE for the last little while and though it is in my travel kit I packed the iKon El Jefe also. Well today the Boss took over. Schick ProLine blade and off we went.

Soap of the day was Ariana & Evans Cafe au Lait. I am surprised I only have one of their soaps because it really is great. Thirsty but a great soap. The scent is all coffee and chocolate and the matching AS just finishes it off nicely. Great skin food in this one. Just might revisit it for Valentines Day.

A very nice and easy two pass DFS achieved. The General is still Boss in my books but this was a great shave.

Happy Wednesday all!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: iKon El Jefe
Blade: Schick ProLine
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo - Sagrada Familia
Lather: Ariana & Evans Cafe au Lait
Aftershave: Ariana & Evans Cafe au Lait
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
John Varvatos Dark Rebel
744D9B75-E168-4D18-92A9-F22826FE496C.jpeg

12/02/2020
WILLIAMS WEDNESDAY
Pre: Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Williams Mug Shaving Soap
Razor: Supply V2
Blade: Personna (9)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Tony'schin's Neroli & Orange infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Williams Musk

Wk7 (5).JPG

A face Lather today for my Williams Wednesday, and it worked really well with the Chubby 2 Synth, the brush holding enough soap for 3 passes.
I completed 2 passes today WTG and ATG then did a touch up pass of the more stubborn areas with the V2 and the blade is showing no signs of changing, still really smooth.
I have had some very nice, close shaves this week and today was no exception.
The Barts Balm post shave preparing my face for another couple of hours in this wind.
Hopefully it will not blow of the Williams Aqua Velva Musk too quickly.
Have a great Day All.

04102D96-0FA8-4E9D-83E1-154FC608ACB0.jpeg

SOTD 02/12/20

Well it's lucky seven with this amazing razor. This is day seven. Seven consecutive two pass, bloodless BBS shaves. Where do we go from here? Some might be content to shave with their grail razor for the rest of their days. What does one do if he's just reached the US actuarial maximum of his mathematically allotted days of life eight days ago? I'll tell you! He switches off to assess whether his last week of perfect shaves may be attributable to the use of his favorite soap, MWF over the last 12 days. In any case, I still have 358 actuarial days in this leap year remaining to enjoy my favorite pastime before I go to my actuarial reward! LaResche is acknowledged to have designed two superb superb safety razors - one open comb design (cf LaResche 51) and one safety bar design (cf LaResche 77). The 51 presents as my grail razor, after seven perfect irritation-free shaves. I will admit that I've only shaved with the 77 a few times, but they were also great shaves. Tomorrow I'll begin a week of shaves with the LaResche 77 for comparative purposes. I will continue my focus on MWF.

RAZOR: LaResche 51 Luxe
BLADE: Wizamet Super Iridium
PREP: Cold Water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA's Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell's Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Aqua Velva Sensitive 5 in 1 AS Balm

Wednesday 12th February
Yaqi Moka Express - James Riley's No.8 Test Soap - PAL Injectomatic Deluxe - Schick Proline B #3 - James Riley's No.8 Test A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
SRZzqyb.jpg

12/2/20

Brush - Yaqi Faux Horse/Rainbow
Soap - Lea Cream
Razor - Yaqi Scalloped Head
Blade - Tiger Platinum
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling
AS - Brut Oceans

I had about 4 days growth, more than I usually had and usually the Yaqi Scalloped head is one I find too aggressive as a daily driver but worked well today. Finished my tube of Lea Cream at long last. A strange feeling to finish something at long last!

This evening was very simply themed 'Ikon SB' because that was the razor of choice

IMG_20200212_195338.jpg

Razor of choice - Ikon SB in matt stainless with OSS handle
Odd blade of choice - US Personna (odd blade for me)
Brush of choice - Razorock 400
Creamy choice - Penhaligon's Blenheim
After choice - Bath House Spanish Fig and Nutmeg

Choices

'Oh my love I really didn't know what razor to shave with this evening so I chose the Ikon SB'

'Oh honey I am so glad you went that way as you are so smooth I just have to hug you'

Simple as that and what a great shave. I can't think of any razor which delivers closer. Baby Bottom Smooth? Better than that

Have great shaves folk and over to Japan

Last edited:
Wednesday 12th February

Lather - Gillette Mach 3 Comfort Gel
Razor - RazoRock Game Changer .84
Blade - Voskhod (2)
Post - Wickham 1912 Irish Fern Balm

Away from home without a shaving brush
I picked up some Gillette Gel and gave it a go tonight
Now, I'm not about to throw all of my 'proper' shave soaps and creams away - but, the gel did an admirable job. Cushion, glide and slickness were all quite good. Even post shave feel wasn't bad.
That said, I did finish with the excellent Wickham Irish Fern Balm as an insurance

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom