SOTD : Saturday 8 th - Friday 14th |February 2020

SOTD : 11th February 2020.

g.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Wrights ~ Traditional Cold Tar Soap.

Brush: Yaqi ~ 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.

Mug Lather.

Uber/Superlather : Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Soap / Dove Men+Care Shave Cream.

Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond. (1)

Razor: Muhle R89.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender, eucalyptus + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Old Spice Original ASL.

Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser.

Greetings,

Early morning shave...The muhle r89 & merkur 34c de razors will always be firm favourites in my shaving den both of these fabulous german fräulein made razors gave me great shaving confidence and pushed me in the right direction on learning my shaving technique when i first ventured into the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving.

Another great razor & blade match which mowed through my stubble with ease.

A pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co. ~ PSSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

No brush Monday 10th February shave

Soap - Tabac Stick
Razor - RazoRock Game Changer .84
Blade - Voskhod (1)
Post - Tabac Aftershave

Like a numpty, I forgot to pack a shaving brush (we're away from home in Somerset for a few days)
After putting out an SOS, asking for tips on latherIng without a brush I opted for @Boycie83 suggestion, lather with fingers.
Well, it kind of worked - in that it created a slick covering of 'lather type' residue.
Not the best cushioning but slickness was ok.
Not the most comfortable shave but not a bad finish either
I can see me picking up a small can of gel for emergencies !

Tue 11th Feb.

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
Cyril Salter Solid Soap
Gem Micromatic - Bullet tip
Gem S/S [ 3 ]
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

I am getting to like the last of the Gem Micromatic Razors, which I lost amongst my rather large horde of 1912s they are in brown bakelite boxes too. Whilst It may be considered mild compared with earlier versions, I rather enjoyed my Shave and found that it delivered a better Shave for me than both the " E " Type and Push Button, which may well disappear from future rotations.
I must get rid of Razors which are gathering dust, I did go through a rather mad phase of buying too many versions of certain models. Not sure how many 1912s I have left, my big weakness was for both ER "Streamline" types and PAL Injectomatics. The Latter were my favourite Razors, until I discovered AC/SE which has proved to be another Rabbit Hole, though not Paradigm deep.

IMG_0510.jpg

Last edited:
SOTD 11 February 2020

Pre-shave: Warm shower; Kiehl's face fuel..
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Imperial Rum Shaving.
Brush: Shavemac ' The Flat Top'.
Razor: Blackland Blackbird (machined).
Blade: SuperMax Super Platinum (Stainless) (Day3).
EDT: Captain Fawcett Booze and Baccy.

An improved shave today; went much shallower with the Blackbird - the top cap was slightly lifted from my face with the top of the slope (if that makes sense) touching my face. This lifted the blade guard up from my face.

A very smooth 2 pass shave - no issues to report today - happy that the razor burn that I experienved on my neck yesterday did not arise today :)

Skin feels great; DFS/BBS+ in most places - there is a part of my jawline that could do with a slight touch up, but not to worry.

The Blackbird is a great razor, like the Dart in my view it requires some concentration, as every YMMV.

Al the best,

Chris

Pre-shave: Cold Derbyshire Tap Water, Nuage shave oil, another splash of cold water
Brush: Razorock Bruce Synthetic
Cream: Body Shop Maca Root
Razor: Merkur Progress. Set to 2.5, then 1 for the touching up
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (3)
Post/After-shave: Cold Water, floid Black AS, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm

First time trying oil as a preshave. Felt fine but the face lather was poor as a result of the oil, even though I rubbed it in and only was a thin layer. Will keep trying.

Blade tugging so new blade tomorrow, 3 shaves per blade seems the limit for gillette yellows

11/02/2020
Pre: Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium
Soap: Tabac
Razor: GEM MicroMatic Open Comb
Blade: Personna Injector (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Tabac Original
Aftershave: Tabac Original EDT & EDC

Wk7 (4).JPG

After yesterday nice close shave, only 2 passes required, WTG and a Multi direction pass with the efficient MMOC, today fitted with the Personna Injector blade which i really like.
I will probably run with this blade in the razor until it is done and then go back to using a GEM PTFE for a while.
A nice post shave preparing my face for the horrid wind outside.
BBS and smelling very 70's
Enjoy your day All.

7D8D917E-2A29-48A2-9A53-15385ADE2C50.jpeg0445DAE4-0BDA-4DCB-B2ED-40F494AB1934.jpegD0C50996-815B-4618-99DB-E123838052EF.jpeg

SOTD 02/11/20

And so it goes, as Kurt Vonnegut was wont to say! I admit it; I'm both baffled and beguiled by this surprising shaving tool. The blade sits flat against the baseplate, but also sits on the end bars which themselves sit slightly above the inner teeth of this surprisingly subtle OC design. Does this slight gap explain the extraordinary efficiency and smoothness of this razor? It's now day six of of a bloodless, two pass, irritation-free BBS shave of both dome and face! I would welcome any insights based on my photography or your knowledge that those of you out there would be willing to share about this grail razor of mine!

RAZOR: LaResche 51 Luxe
BLADE: Wizamet Super Iridium
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA's Preshave Cube Soap
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Boar
SOAP: Mitchell's Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Ogallala Bay Rum (SWMBO left very early this AM)

Tuesday AM 2020-02-11

Rooney Polo 2 Ivory Finest (28/60)
Mondial Tobacco Verde shaving cream
Paradigm II Titanium
Polsilver Super Iridium (3)
Cigar Aficionado aftershave
MMHRWqM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom